Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #3,676 of 17,972
I LOVED my Reds but had to sell them :'( The Elan's are are a WHOLE 'nother level. I do love the Aten driver but if you can get the Elan....The ADLC/CNT driver offers a lot more but what the bone conduction driver gives you is like the difference between enjoying and getting tipsy on a good vintage whisky but then taking magic mushrooms ! o_0

Elans be like
https://fb.watch/7mwkQ100kN/
Sounds great🤪

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,678 of 17,972
If some things only sound great with well mastered etc music then all you have is an extremely resolving set up, which is many an audiophiles dream and goal to achieve, if you highly resolve poor material then it will sound bad as all that badness is really brought out. TOTL and cheap things can resolve just the same as TOTL and cheap can sound bad.

I agree that i need to be able to listen to anything too and have actually spent a lot of time making the bad sound good and so when i do finally have the real good it will all come naturally, sure i may be missing out on that last 10% but i do not need that.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #3,680 of 17,972
Sounds great🤪

Ive only had 50 hours on them and a couple of sessions - Haven't even gone balanced yet and Im in love!
One thing that I was hearing today is how weirdly natural to life the vocals (and instruments) sound

One thing about playing live, an acoustic guitar for example, is that you hear and EXPERIENCE a lot of elements but that seem to disappear once recorded and gets to your ears via earphones.
The Elans will often give you that detail, but not just details but actual feel of playing a live instrument. Hard to explain but anyway
So excited to get them fully burned in!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #3,681 of 17,972
You’re killing me, I’m literally dying for these.

Astra shell? Not the Aten shell?
Based on the Aten shell and very similar to Rah.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #3,683 of 17,972
an extremely resolving set up, which is many an audiophiles dream and goal to achieve
Thank you - YES! that is the perfect explantion

Have to say though - I like to experience new things but I will never get into EDM or the like :frowning2: as I find it be devoid of the type of expression of the heart that I enjoy and look for in music. Cannot stand it for any length of time - although I enjoy the sonic elements of it :)
A little bit similar to something like thrash metal - I might rock out to it for 2-3 minutes but that really is enough for me :D

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #3,684 of 17,972
Based on the Aten shell and very similar to Rah.

Honestly this makes no sense to me, Astra, Aten and Rah shell are all different lol. My view is the Astra style shell is semi Aten looking but semi Rah fit. I know bob said he tweaked the Aten design in the Elan but if it is Rah like then that is a larger change than a tweak.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #3,685 of 17,972
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #3,686 of 17,972
50 divide by 2 = 25 hour per session, mad respect jon, i also appreciate your commitment to the music life you have chosen.

No you loony :D - I had a couple of hour long session or so
Oh and errrmm Oh yeah I see what you did there - should have said 48 hours - I was thinking there is not 25 hours in a day?
Deffo gonna need a good nights sleep !!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #3,687 of 17,972
Thank you - YES! that is the perfect explantion

Have to say though - I like to experience new things but I will never get into EDM or the like :frowning2: as I find it be devoid of the type of expression of the heart that I enjoy and look for in music. Cannot stand it for any length of time - although I enjoy the sonic elements of it :)
A little bit similar to something like thrash metal - I might rock out to it for 2-3 minutes but that really is enough for me :D

I do not like EDM by the way either. Trance Electronic Music (EM) is actually one genre which is not devoid of musical expression of the heart, it literally brings tears to my eyes it can be that emotional.

To give you a heads up, i am finding the way in and which direction i can take you and is why i @you with the music. I am figuring you out.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #3,689 of 17,972
Ive only had 50 hours on them and a couple of sessions - Haven't even gone balanced yet and Im in love!
One thing that I was hearing today is how weirdly natural to life the vocals (and instruments) sound

One thing about playing live, an acoustic guitar for example, is that you hear and EXPERIENCE a lot of elements but that seem to disappear once recorded and gets to your ears via earphones.
The Elans will often give you that detail, but not just details but actual feel of playing a live instrument. Hard to explain but anyway
So excited to get them fully burned in!
That’s exactly what i get with the SR-009, or even bigger with the Bastanis Mandala Atlas. And i like it, a lot.
So, Elan is on my list 👍 And maybe it’ll be even better after >50hr burn in. Have fun!

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #3,690 of 17,972
I do not like EDM by the way either. Trance Electronic Music (EM) is actually one genre which is not devoid of musical expression of the heart, it literally brings tears to my eyes it can be that emotional.

To give you a heads up, i am finding the way in and which direction i can take you and is why i @you with the music. I am figuring you out.

Ahhh, in that case I am in :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back