Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #3,631 of 17,972
Bob said that's not happening so it is basically as good as confirmed it is happening lol. He even double downed with a firm NO, so probably be here sooner than we realise LMAO.

Now you're talking! I guess that's what @NellieG refers to as Amazeballs .... and as she says above, Bob say's no, so I'll add a +1 for the waiting list and start saving.
I am saving lol. I'm sure Bob will surprise us with something we didn't consider like double bc. I am still intrigued by that. Couple of years ago i'd never heard of cnt, adlc & BC say.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #3,632 of 17,972
I am saving lol. I'm sure Bob will surprise us with something we didn't consider like double bc. I am still intrigued by that. Couple of years ago i'd never heard of cnt, adlc & BC say.

When is he going to master the balanced drive too which was the Omnia.... SOOOO much more to come, we shall let him get over his calm state and feel the need to start tinkering around, it will not be long.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #3,633 of 17,972
Whilst i said earlier that Boris Brejcha has never sounded better than on the Zenith and my current set up of synergy and this was absolutely very true, it is now better to say the Zenith sounded the best they ever have and now using the PB1 after not using them really for a good long 6 months and relistening to that set, just WOW, i have really missed these. Basically like receiving something new especially not been used ever in the set up i have going on. Honestly thanks to @jon parker and his cable tip removing the memory sheathing, the cable was causing the shell into a position which then gave me a funny stem angle in my ear causing pain, early days so far but i am over 60 minutes in without any pain or constant repositioning of the IEM, just bliss, bloody love a planar.

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #3,634 of 17,972
Am i allowed to simultaneously ask any Bone Conduction owners how this plays :L3000: whilst also using it as an excuse to share my music lol :deadhorse:

Currently using the Zenith and frankly this set, it has never sounded better than it has right now and i am almost there with the right amount of crowd noise mixed into the audio and i can only imagine what the bone conduction would add but you would need to listen first without bone conduction as to not confuse the crowd recording ambience as bone conduction magic.

Elan through laptop using Ibasso DC04 usb-c dac here.

Crowd noise is widely soundstaged with layering that gets behind the ears. It doesn't intrude with the music. The deep bass thumping is quite immersive and takes away most of the crowd noise although still there when you listen hard, but when parts quiet down a little the crowd presence is there at the right levels for a nice Ï'm there with you" feeling. Crowd noise is layered quite deep too. Especially with people whistling. There are instances of the whistling sounding further away towards the stage.

Listened to Take it Smart, To The Moon and Back and Angel in the Sky

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #3,635 of 17,972
Elan through laptop using Ibasso DC04 usb-c dac here.

Crowd noise is widely soundstaged with layering that gets behind the ears. It doesn't intrude with the music. The deep bass thumping is quite immersive and takes away most of the crowd noise although still there when you listen hard, but when parts quiet down a little the crowd presence is there at the right levels for a nice Ï'm there with you" feeling. Crowd noise is layered quite deep too. Especially with people whistling. There are instances of the whistling sounding further away towards the stage.

Listened to Take it Smart, To The Moon and Back and Angel in the Sky

I feel that is what i am getting with the PB1 just not as immersive as i would like for the live feel but the directionality is all there and in the distance, bass is amazing. Do you not have more power at hand to use (you need more, lots more) or even try out the Rah as well, oh and listen to all the set haha, but if not try gravity in the set.

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #3,637 of 17,972
I feel that is what i am getting with the PB1 just not as immersive as i would like for the live feel but the directionality is all there and in the distance, bass is amazing. Do you not have more power at hand to use (you need more, lots more) or even try out the Rah as well, oh and listen to all the set haha, but if not try gravity in the set.
At work now. I'll try later with the DX300 and amp12 later. I think with the Rah it will be all about the bass. Should sound good with the Semper.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #3,638 of 17,972
Hey Skullar. I'd say the tonality is similar, but it really is hard for me to say since I've converted my RAHs to CIEM. Bass texture is remarkably similar. I think @roygbiv6 nailed it when he said

The RAH has more depth in the mids because of that planar but after I've had the Astra in for a few minutes, I dont miss it. They are really nicely balanced. As for the treble, I like treble extension and sparkle as much as I like bass depth and layering and the Astra deliver the treble in spades. To my ears, there are no peaks and no sibilance but tips make a BIG difference here. For me, once the newness of the them wears off, I think I'll use them for critical listening. I've been enjoying them for the last 2 weeks almost exclusively while letting them burn when not in my ear. They somewhere between 200 and 220 hours now and I really like them but they're not allrounders. As said before and as noted by @cleg they are not a forgiving IEM. Poorly recorded or mastered recording can sound splashy or even thin.... whereas with the RAH I can listen to just about anything with them. Having said that, with all the detail and the staging produced by the BC they're special.
Thanks mate. That gives me a rough idea. How do the soundstage dimensions compare imaging improved on Astras?

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #3,639 of 17,972
Bob said that's not happening so it is basically as good as confirmed it is happening lol. He even double downed with a firm NO, so probably be here sooner than we realise LMAO.

I love all kinds of music but i just usually need life in the music or a soul, major keys help a lot too. I honestly can not recall that vid, if it is in the last batch you sent i honestly have not listened to them due to the huge trance surge i was on, it dominated everything for a fair long while.
Nell if you ever i a position where you cant decide between techno or heavy metal. Just know you dont need to compromise.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,642 of 17,972
Its a proper dutch stuff. Works as a caffeine or a pre-work out lol.
Not listening to it as much as i used to but hardcore will always be a thing that moves my butt like nothing else. 😄

Yes i was going to say this is exactly your style of music being hardcore, it does nothing for me that particular style but i do like some hardcore but i understand your sentiment about moving as mine is obvs Trance although i do not listen to that as much as i used to.

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #3,643 of 17,972
Yes i was going to say this is exactly your style of music being hardcore, it does nothing for me that particular style but i do like some hardcore but i understand your sentiment about moving as mine is obvs Trance although i do not listen to that as much as i used to.
Its just one of genres i listen to really. But i grew up with hardstyle and hardcore so it still kicks ass. With age though i started digging into all sorts of stuff, and not just electronic music.
Orchestral music is another thing i like. Epic stuff. Some movie and game OSTs are really enjoyable.

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,644 of 17,972
The ELAN:
Beautiful and stealthy black.
OOTB with black/black filters there is clearly more bass offered that with the Astra - Which i suspected (and am glad to see) would be the case as these are Bob's main IEM's
Sound exceptional but needs the 'ol burn in :)
The only tiny let down is that they use the same shell as the Astra - I was hoping for a slightly slimmer shell as these will be my 'out 'n' about / holiday IEM's but no biggy

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #3,645 of 17,972
The ELAN:
Beautiful and stealthy black.
OOTB with black/black filters there is clearly more bass offered that with the Astra - Which i suspected (and am glad to see) would be the case as these are Bob's main IEM's
Sound exceptional but needs the 'ol burn in :)
The only tiny let down is that they use the same shell as the Astra - I was hoping for a slightly slimmer shell as these will be my 'out 'n' about / holiday IEM's but no biggy

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG
Hope do they compare detail wise? They are clearly more detailed than the Elysium to my ears, so interested to know how they stack up vs the Astra?

As a bass fan, I find Bob's middle filter pairing suggested in the booklet (;gunmetal and blue) is perfect for my preferences on the Elan - still plenty of low end, but lots of room for the detailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back