IMR Acoustics Event Horizon
Sep 4, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #347 of 429
Response from Bob to my email:

"Thank you for the email.
We have a small number still not tracking and has been an ongoing issue with RM this year. We issued an update here https://imracoustics.com/blogs/news/slow-tracking-updates-on-na-le-zion-and-eh-shipping
I would suggest giving it another week and if not arrived or tracking not updated then you can Email me and I can assemble another for you or issue a refund in full and we will file a claim with RM.
Regards
Bob
Owner"
Why can't he just be honest? It is not a "small number", it is ALL OF THEM.

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #348 of 429
Sep 4, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #350 of 429
Can't be - I'm one of that small number and only joined head-fi a couple of days ago to join in this thread... Unless it's pre-emptive...
Basically, it's an explanation we've seen from IMR before more than once.

Sep 5, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #352 of 429
And did anyone receive a gift from Bob in January? Or I am only one who didn't receive... :sunglasses:
The gift he wrote about:

"For those that continue the course we are also going to send you a thank you gift (for all of you in this update) I know many will say that it is not needed and that is indeed very gracious of you but I do and will continue to be of the mind that when people treat you well, if you can give a token of your appreciation you should. So in January 2023 I will be sending you all a pair of a dual driver IEM. These contain 2 X 7mm CNT ADLC drivers and are thumpingly good fun. These are not and will never be available for any others to buy and so will be something unique to just you guys. I hope it will go a small way towards showing my appreciation of your custom."

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #356 of 429
Iā€™ve already made up my mindā€¦..

If the status of my order doesnā€™t change to the positive by the end of September, I will be asking for a refund. The funds will be redirected towards a headphone company who Iā€™ve previously dealt with and have the upmost confidence in.

Something that occurred to me about a year ago but Iā€™ve never spoke on is that IMR bit off more than they could chew. When I would casually roll the numbers in my mind, I didnā€™t see them turning much of a profit on this project. I kinda viewed this as a project of love and innovation. At this point, it would not surprise me if itā€™s operating at a big loss. That would explain why thereā€™s no product available. At some point thereā€™s going to be a run on the bank. I wonder what will happen then?

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #357 of 429
Iā€™ve already made up my mindā€¦..

If the status of my order doesnā€™t change to the positive by the end of September, I will be asking for a refund. The funds will be redirected towards a headphone company who Iā€™ve previously dealt with and have the upmost confidence in.

Something that occurred to me about a year ago but Iā€™ve never spoke on is that IMR bit off more than they could chew. When I would casually roll the numbers in my mind, I didnā€™t see them turning much of a profit on this project. I kinda viewed this as a project of love and innovation. At this point, it would not surprise me if itā€™s operating at a big loss. That would explain why thereā€™s no product available. At some point thereā€™s going to be a run on the bank. I wonder what will happen then?
Exactly my thought. Iā€™ve been keeping my tongue, but my theory is that he sold them for way too little and with the pandemic and all, with parts going up, along with engineering costs, they probably are too costly to make and sell for the discounted price he sold them at. If he couldnā€™t make them, he probably wouldā€™ve fessed up to it and refunded everyoneā€¦hopefully. My thinking is heā€™s forcing everyone to ask for a refund. That may be why he isnā€™t showing finished product. If people saw finished product and knew they worked, theyā€™d be more likely to wait much longer. After most people get refunded, heā€™ll wait a bit, then all of a sudden theyā€™ll magically appear, at 2-3 times the cost.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #358 of 429
IMR should just be honest and either say, ā€œI couldnā€™t make them work,ā€ or ā€œI can make them, but they turned out to be much too costly than what I sold them for and it would break the company at that cost. I am refunding everyone. I will sell them at a later time for a larger price, then give everyone who ordered, the gift he said he would, as a consolation.

Sep 7, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #359 of 429
He is loosing money with every EH build, he said this earlier over a year back.
Not sure if it was with one of the updates or a private mail contact if had with him.
No company this side can do (survive) this. Not without selling the right amount of in-stock units.
But refund for 700 units will have the same result. EH, Na-Le and Zion. Not one of this has reached their buyers.

So, what now? Do i hear somebody saying a Name? TRINITY!

I hope not. Not again.

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #360 of 429
Yeah but like. Why could he not just be honest and say it. He HAD enough goodwill in the community that he would get away with it just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back