IMR Acoustics Event Horizon
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 429

01BXTR

Head-Fier
Now that there is an official product page with details, I figured it was time for a thread.

Product Specs
  • 36mm Beryllium dynamic driver with dual motors. + Optional 75mm Planar magnetic module.
  • OFC cable 3.5mm + 4.4mm balanced
  • Frequency response: 9- 40000Hz (dynamic) with Planar module attached (9-50000Hz)
  • Impedance: 60 Ohm
  • SPL >130dB
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • Jack Adapter (3.5mm to 6.3mm)
  • Hard Case

Very interesting design! I’d be curious to see how superimposing two drivers in a headphone would impact sonic quality, though given IMR’s penchant for hybrid designs I’m entirely unsurprised. The beryllium driver seems a bit small to me, but the planar is a decent size.

Attachments

• BCD1FC86-ADF9-4F6C-A198-74DC66945354.jpeg
    BCD1FC86-ADF9-4F6C-A198-74DC66945354.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 429
I really like the design of these. I was worried they might be too steam-punky, or lack comfort for long sessions - but I love the clean, minimalist look of these, and the band looks comfy too.

I am hesitant to buy though - I love my IMR IEMs, of which I own several, but financially I'm not in a position to splurge £650 on a pair of these. I think I'll wait for reviews and thoughts of others before I buy.

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 429
I really like the design of these. I was worried they might be too steam-punky, or lack comfort for long sessions - but I love the clean, minimalist look of these, and the band looks comfy too.

I am hesitant to buy though - I love my IMR IEMs, of which I own several, but financially I'm not in a position to splurge £650 on a pair of these. I think I'll wait for reviews and thoughts of others before I buy.

I'm with you on the hesitancy... Not because of the budget, but mostly just because headphones are a lot more than just the audio quality, there are a lot of creature comforts, ergonomics, etc at play. I'm curious what they look/feel like on an actual human head.

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 429
I'm with you on the hesitancy... Not because of the budget, but mostly just because headphones are a lot more than just the audio quality, there are a lot of creature comforts, ergonomics, etc at play. I'm curious what they look/feel like on an actual human head.
Yep - durability too. How strong is the headband material? Is it tough enough to withstand being taken on/off thousands of times? What if I accidentally drop them? What if the cable gets yanked? I've come to think of my Sennheiser HD650 as just "average", but they are tough old beasts and came with replacement ear foams etc.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 429
Hi!
Are there any real life pictures of these or still just the CNC-ones. Shipping should be in mars, so........

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 429
If you want to learn anything, you need to mail them yourself. IMR are really bad at pro-active communication and keeping people updated, but they respond quickly when you enquire yourself.

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 429
Hi.
Someone here with more info about the EH?
Not the info on the IMR side.
Have it in my cart for days, but………. Not sure🤔

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #10 of 429
Hi.
Someone here with more info about the EH?
Not the info on the IMR side.
Have it in my cart for days, but………. Not sure🤔
This is what Bob told me:

"Sound signature wise it is like a much larger version of the Avalon and Elysium sound. So we have a rich and organic low end, great mid and sub bass. With the full works planar version you get immense detail retrieval and imaging with sublime midrange and vocal presentation. Treble is crisp, precise and for me at least has just enough roll off before it becomes sharp so you get a non fatiguing presentation.

"Staging is exceptional."

I'm also trying to make up my mind.

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #11 of 429
This is what Bob told me:

"Sound signature wise it is like a much larger version of the Avalon and Elysium sound. So we have a rich and organic low end, great mid and sub bass. With the full works planar version you get immense detail retrieval and imaging with sublime midrange and vocal presentation. Treble is crisp, precise and for me at least has just enough roll off before it becomes sharp so you get a non fatiguing presentation.

"Staging is exceptional."

I'm also trying to make up my mind.
Thanks for sharing this. Sounds ok for me. But what i'm most afraid of are the missing details/pics of the headphone himself.
He has to have some kind of a Prototyp?!

Like: What kind of contacts on the phone. Where/how do they sit on it?
Material of the cubs. Size?
How is the sizemechanism. Is there one?
You just can't see this on the productside. I really want to order them, but this are very important infos for a headphone.

Maybe i just have to wait till they are out.

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #12 of 429
Thanks for sharing this. Sounds ok for me. But what i'm most afraid of are the missing details/pics of the headphone himself.
He has to have some kind of a Prototyp?!

Like: What kind of contacts on the phone. Where/how do they sit on it?
Material of the cubs. Size?
How is the sizemechanism. Is there one?
You just can't see this on the productside. I really want to order them, but this are very important infos for a headphone.

Maybe i just have to wait till they are out.
Why don't you email him? He's usually good about answering questions.

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 429
Apr 22, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #15 of 429
Got his mail, but nothing of Interessent in stock. Maybe more coming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back