IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #616 of 698
I would like to remind you; this is Bob who was at Trinity Audio who offered these vast discounts then as well to retain customers.

I didn’t know this was same Bob until someone told me yesterday.

I think the value of the IEM is nowhere near the price or quality, if you can shave 30% off without blinking.

This is what put me off when buying. It’s a discount warehouse.

I’m sure he’s fan club following will be along soon to tell me I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #617 of 698
Aren't the new discount codes now linked to each individual customers previous purchases anyway?
I recently (well a couple of weeks ago) got an email stating such, due to someone sharing the code with first time customer/s.
I can't comment on any model except the EDP, as that's the only IMR iem I own to date, but I will say that I am still delighted to have taken the gamble, and consider them EASILY worth the asking price.
Once I can afford another IMR I will be getting one (had to pass on the pending models due to lack of funds, otherwise I would have bought the Bass Canon. Clever name BTW, I never caught it at first, thought Canon was just a typo!).
I queried the situation with IMR and have been told it was an issue in the past but has been rectified. I've also read about the Trinity Audio connection however there are differing views out there and from what I've read, most people seem impressed with IMR.

Feb 15, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #618 of 698
I would like to remind you; this is Bob who was at Trinity Audio who offered these vast discounts then as well to retain customers.

I think the value of the IEM is nowhere near the price or quality, if you can shave 30% off without blinking.

Wow, it’s been a while since someone came along and brought up Trinity... But, to tie it to the loyalty discounts, well, that’s a new twist. Points for originality!

Look, no one is making you buy anything! If you believe these aren't worth the asking price, just wait to see if you can pick up a B-stock (and get the discount), buy off of the For Sale listings, or, just go buy something else... But, seriously, we are kinda tired of the whole Trinity thing.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #619 of 698

I’m sure his (FTFY!) fan club following will be along soon to tell me I’m wrong.
I understand being harsh on Bob because of his history with Trinity, but why do you immediately also disparage people who like his products by calling them his "fan club"?
As far as I know he's delivered all IMR products and the only hiccups were caused by covid and delays by his suppliers. From what I've read here, he offers great support for his products, even if some of the build is questionable (custom cable sockets). So it's not like he turned a new leaf, right?

Also, I believe it is a rule (unwritten or otherwise) on this forum not to speak about gear you have no personal experience with. But if you own or have owned any IMR products, please list them, and explain why you think they weren't worth the price you paid.

And please post on your main account.

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #620 of 698
I'm not going to get into the game of whether or not I'm from Bob's club, but I can talk about my personal experience when buying in-ear Edp's.
I can only say that Bob's work has been faultless, releasing a product in the midst of a global pandemic is only within the reach of someone who puts all his energy into his project and of course we were pending and expectant of each communication as it annoyed us a little each delay, I have to admit that I wrote to Bob several times but seeing how everything was resolved and looking at it with perspective Bob did a very great job to get a product at a very moderate cost going forward.
Now if Bob reads this, I have the order IMR2946 and I had two problems, one was that one of the filters was badly machined and did not screw correctly and another with the cable that released both the 3.5mm and the 2 with ease. , 5mm, what was the answer in both cases?
I have simply never seen an after-sales deal in any business so good, his response and patience was incredible as when solving problems, his response was immediate.
About the controversy about trinity I'm not very aware, I understand that it must have been something serious but I think Bob is doing everything possible to make one of the best headphone companies, with a luxury deal and about the controversy of discounts I can only add that the edp were worth every cent that cost me and the same I say about the Imr R1.
Greetings and thanks for reading all this long text.

Yo no voy a entrar en el juego de si soy o no del club de Bob pero si puedo hablar de mi experiencia personal a la hora de comprar los Edp in-ear.
Solo puedo decir que el trabajo de Bob a sido intachable ,sacar un producto en plena pandemia mundial solo esta al alcance de alguien que pone todas sus energias en su proyecto y claro que estuvimos pendientes y expectantes de cada comunicado como que nos fastidiaba un poco cada retraso ,he de reconocer que escribi varias veces a Bob pero viendo como se resolvio todo y mirando con perspectiva Bob hizo un trabajo muy grande para sacar un producto a un costo muy comedido para adelante.
Ahora bien si Bob lee esto ,tengo el pedido IMR2946 y he tenido dos problemas uno fue que vino uno de los filtros mal mecanizados y no enroscaba correctamente y otro con el cable que soltaba con suma facilidad tanto el de 3,5mm como el de 2,5mm ,¿cual fue la respuesta en ambos casos?.
Simplemente nunca he visto un trato postventa en ningun negocio tan bueno , su respuesta y paciencia fue increible como a la hora de resolver los problemas ,su respuesta fue inmediata.
Sobre la polemica sobre trinity no estoy muy al corriente ,entiendo que debio ser algo serio pero creo que Bob esta haciendo todo lo posible para hacer una de las mejores compañias de auriculares ,con un trato de lujo y sobre la polemica de los descuentos solo puedo añadir que los edp valían cada centivo que me costo y lo mismo digo de los Imr R1 .
Un saludo y gracias por leer todo este largo texto.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #621 of 698
EDP+ sold out too. So the waiting begins....

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #622 of 698

Again? Dude, there’s better things in life than creating a new alias and start bsing, get a gf or something brother this story is getting old

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #623 of 698
In general, how does the EDP compare to some of the latest Chi-Fi offerings from Moondrop, LZ, Mangird, etc.?

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #624 of 698
In general, how does the EDP compare to some of the latest Chi-Fi offerings from Moondrop, LZ, Mangird, etc.?
They feel way more natural and analogue, edp has this beautiful natural sound with amazing bass decay, tbh its my favorite imr headphone. Mids are lush, organic, realistic and highs are tamed and well controlled, bass it’s present, balanced, natural.
Lz a6 has an amazing soundstage, though, the highs are ear piercing, it’s v shape doesn’t compete with the mid centric edp imo, it has a way more “fun” tunning but sometimes I just want to feel the layers of distortion in guitars.

moondrop i haven’t test anything but the kxxs and I love it (and heard that it’s moondrop sound signature) it’s such a cohesive sound, with no major complains, lacks on detail, but again, mids and separation are where the edp comes to play, soundstage is quite similar, maybe the a8 and afterwards are way better (for sure) but 1) price 2) I’m not fond of ba’s

that’s my take

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #625 of 698
And theres just something so liquid and natural about that planar. The P1 turned me on to the possibility of in ear planar which set me on a quest for THE small form planar - EDP knocked it out of the park. Rather, with EDP, Bob knocked it out of the park.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #627 of 698
Guys my question is maybe silly but, anyone have a idea about BGVP - dm6 vs IMR edp sound comp?
Edp has a soul, sound is realistic and has a “W” tunning with emphasis in the r mids, pretty balanced, pretty outstanding. Soundstage it’s not the widest but the scene has one of the best separation in the market

dm6 has a more analytical tunning with a weird timbre in the highs and mid highs, it can be piercing. Bass is not totally absent but I would recommend a good pair of tips, soundstage is pretty average

I did enjoy the dm6 as it was my second iem to ever purchase (coming from
A fiio f9 pro) but the edp is way better of a headphone, way more mature

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #628 of 698
Edp has a soul, sound is realistic and has a “W” tunning with emphasis in the r mids, pretty balanced, pretty outstanding. Soundstage it’s not the widest but the scene has one of the best separation in the market

dm6 has a more analytical tunning with a weird timbre in the highs and mid highs, it can be piercing. Bass is not totally absent but I would recommend a good pair of tips, soundstage is pretty average

+1

Completely agree.

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #629 of 698

Thank you very much for valuable infos. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back