IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Feb 12, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #601 of 698
Good afternoon, I have a final configuration for my edp ... tips azla xelastec and cable dunu duw-02. This cable is copper-copper plated and I think it suits my edps better than a pure copper cable. Comparing it to a dunu lyre and to the original IMR.
Regards,

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #602 of 698
Both the Knight and the BC sold out in a week. Man, that was fast.... The remaining slots or percentage sold isn't displayed on the EDP+ any more but they must be close to gone too. A couple of days ago there were only 13 unsold. It's a good start to the year for our friend and I believe for us! I've got the EDPs in right now and I am stunned at how good they are. With a bit of EQ lift at 60 and 170 Hz they remain airy and full of sparkle with very good bass. If the EDP+ is even marginally better, we're in for treat and Bob asserts it's a step change so I'm pretty stoked about it. The current EDP (fully burned-in) is the nicest planar set up I've ever heard.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #603 of 698
I have ordered the EDP+ based on the comments of this thread. A few days ago, I was deciding between the IMR BC and the EDP+ (never purchased an IMR iem) because the FiiO FH7 is my preferred IEM, with enough mid bass and sub bass extension, nice treble, but it has an U-shaped sound profile voices sound a little subdued (despite a lot of cable and tip combinations, actually using FiiO pure silver cable and JVC spiral dot++ tips and green filters). Bob recommended to choose the EDP+ according to my sound preferences: "It provides plenty of sub and mid bass but the vocals and treble are utterly superb and the midrange is nicely forward with a signature more like a W shape". Since I have never heard a planar IEM, what's your experience with the current EDP?

Feb 14, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #604 of 698
Welcome to the club or IMR family! You won't be disappointed.
To recreate all the comments about the EDP in this thread would be a tremendous undertaking but spend a lazy Sunday and go through it, with the knowledge that everything written here is true and genuine and none of it induced. The current EDP is simply superb with plenty of controlled textured bass and lush creamy mids. Vocals are neither too forward, not too back. Strings are exquisite and there's a ton of sparkle, detail and clarity up top. There is certain detail, range and fluidity that comes from a, planar that you won't get from any other tech; and Bob has proven with RAH, PB One, EDP, PB2, and Semper that he knows what he's doing with a planar.

Over the years, Bob's small loyal following has steadily grown for a reason. What he recommends and describes is accurate. He's a master creator and incredible tuner. If Bob says EDP+ is an upgrade to the already spectacular EDP, I Believe him and although I'm supremely happy with the EDP, I ordered the +. I'll tell you now, though, believe what you read here about burn in. When you receive them, don't judge them and don't settle on a filter, combo until you reach 100 hours, they will shift and change a lot (for the better :ksc75smile:) as the hours mount even beyond the 100.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #605 of 698
I have ordered the EDP+ based on the comments of this thread. A few days ago, I was deciding between the IMR BC and the EDP+ (never purchased an IMR iem) because the FiiO FH7 is my preferred IEM, with enough mid bass and sub bass extension, nice treble, but it has an U-shaped sound profile voices sound a little subdued (despite a lot of cable and tip combinations, actually using FiiO pure silver cable and JVC spiral dot++ tips and green filters). Bob recommended to choose the EDP+ according to my sound preferences: "It provides plenty of sub and mid bass but the vocals and treble are utterly superb and the midrange is nicely forward with a signature more like a W shape". Since I have never heard a planar IEM, what's your experience with the current EDP?

Opus Mia is what I have. I got mine from eBay sometime back. I paid $150 for them. As someone selling due to Covid issues.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #606 of 698
Can someone please kindly tell me what the discount is for loyal customers on the new models Knight, BC, EDP+

Is it 35 45% I read on here before previously. I want to know to make sure I don’t overpay etc as I know nobody buys at price or MSRP/advertised.

New member here. :) long time lurker first time poster.

I will be around on all topics I own currently 64 Audio, JH Harvey. OM. I’m also considering Noble.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #607 of 698
Welcome to the club or IMR family! You won't be disappointed.
To recreate all the comments about the EDP in this thread would be a tremendous undertaking but spend a lazy Sunday and go through it, with the knowledge that everything written here is true and genuine and none of it induced. The current EDP is simply superb with plenty of controlled textured bass and lush creamy mids. Vocals are neither too forward, not too back. Strings are exquisite and there's a ton of sparkle, detail and clarity up top. There is certain detail, range and fluidity that comes from a, planar that you won't get from any other tech; and Bob has proven with RAH, PB One, EDP, PB2, and Semper that he knows what he's doing with a planar.

Over the years, Bob's small loyal following has steadily grown for a reason. What he recommends and describes is accurate. He's a master creator and incredible tuner. If Bob says EDP+ is an upgrade to the already spectacular EDP, I Believe him and although I'm supremely happy with the EDP, I ordered the +. I'll tell you now, though, believe what you read here about burn in. When you receive them, don't judge them and don't settle on a filter, combo until you reach 100 hours, they will shift and change a lot (for the better :ksc75smile:) as the hours mount even beyond the 100.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the sound quality of the EDP. I trust Bob, had a great experience with my purchase and order management. I feared that I did make a wrong choice. I saw a lot of ads selling the EDP (including yours) and a few reviews as compared with other IMR iems. I thought that EDP had only a mid-centered sound profile. I like detail in voices, extended treble and sub bass (.... if it could be possible in an IEM). Really excited to hear the new EDP+! In fact, I was considering months ago to get the planar Hifiman Sundara headphone, but it is lacking in sub bass and mid bass like my Audio Technica MSR7...

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #608 of 698
Can someone please kindly tell me what the discount is for loyal customers on the new models Knight, BC, EDP+

Is it 35 45% I read on here before previously. I want to know to make sure I don’t overpay etc as I know nobody buys at price or MSRP/advertised.

New member here. :) long time lurker first time poster.

I will be around on all topics I own currently 64 Audio, JH Harvey. OM. I’m also considering Noble.

I'm not big into rules because if you've got a healthy culture and behave with integrity, you don'tneed rules, the culture becomes the regulatory mechanism. Having said that I think it's time to set some rules here.: Only one rule actually. We Have To Stop Talking About These Loyalty Codes.

Last year I was approached several times by different individuals inquiring about the loyalty codes, percentages, and if I'd share mine. And if I'm being approached, several of you are also being approached. Typically it will be those of us who post with any kind of frequency. To be clear, I dont blame the one who asks, If I read something somewhere about a possible discount I didn't have, I probably ask too. I was approached again this morning and I really want to encourage all of us to stop taking about IMR Loyalty Codes on these threads. The code is gift from Bob to you an me for our Loyalty as a valuable customer. Now that IMR is starting to generate a lot more traction, we're attracting a lot of new set of interested parties and when they start reading about codes and realizing they don't have one, well, all kinds of things can run through their minds. SHARING CODES or even talking about them is neither fair to Bob, each other, or the new prospective customer. Its a gift for loyalty. I remember when I received my gift after the first purchase.... I was floored, delighted and grateful Bob's been loyal to all of us, let's remain loyal to him and just take this part of the conversation out of the threads.

Anyway, here's what I had to say to this mornings inquirer: "Hi. I've written extensively how I fell about about this. We all begin our IMR journey by purchasing our first unit from Bob at full retail or full B Stock price directly from IMR. In return Bob gifts us with a loyalty CODE which is good towards future purchases. Most but not all IMRs qualify for use of this code and the percentage of discount can and does vary in different seasons and on different products. But It's called a loyalty code for a reason. It's a gift for our loyalty to Bob and for Bob's loyalty to his community. Somewhere last year people started sharing their loyalty codes with non customers. And frankly, there's no integrity in it. That's neither loyal to Bob nor to each other. So yes, there is a discount available to those who became customers on the IMR path but the level of discount available is no ones business until they become part of the community by becoming an IMR customer through IMR."

This individual came back with more questions about the codes and here's what I suggested"
I dont blame you for asking the question. I'd ask it too if I were aware. I've got a suggestion for you. I think that if you wrote to Bob and asked if you bought an accessory cable, if that would qualify you for a loyalty code, he's probably say yes. I cant speak for him, and I wont speak for him but I believe he'd honor that. If you became a customer by purchasing one of his products. It's exactly how I started. I bought an R1 Zenith B Stock for s smokin' price directly from IMR (not DROP, eBay or the FS Forum) and that got me the code for everything else, except the last generation EDP because it didn't qualify for anyone. I'm not going to tell you the loyalty level. Bob is a REALLY GREAT GUY and easy to talk to, so, have the discussion with him. Tell him you're interested and ask him if buying something, anything, will get you a code .... I don't know what he'll answer but I know you'll open up a channel of communication with really great guy."

Anyway, I'm not prone to ranting but I am stuck on what's right, fair and of integrity.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #609 of 698
Opus Mia is what I have. I got mine from eBay sometime back. I paid $150 for them. As someone selling due to Covid issues.
You got a screaming deal

Feb 14, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #610 of 698
You’ve contradicted yourself: you just told me as a non IMR customer yet you said that above?

Why you bump both threads with same response?

36 minutes ago
@holsen
1000+ Head-Fier
for existing customers, and the current offernings it's 30%. Honestly, becoming a customer is a great deal! I really think you should write to Bob and I really think you'll be amazed at how he responds to you

Feb 15, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #611 of 698
I have to say as a new IMR customer who has just paid the full amount for the EDP+, I would be disappointed if previous customers were giving out codes. I also think the loyalty code is a great thing to be given by IMR, however it does put a question mark over the value if the IEM if others are getting 30% off. Don't get me wrong, it's a very generous thing for IMR to do however it's a tough one to accept when I'm paying the full amount. Obviously we don't know how good the new IEMs will be, however do you think the previous generation IEMs are worth the full MSRP? Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #612 of 698
I have to say as a new IMR customer who has just paid the full amount for the EDP+, I would be disappointed if previous customers were giving out codes. I also think the loyalty code is a great thing to be given by IMR, however it does put a question mark over the value if the IEM if others are getting 30% off. Don't get me wrong, it's a very generous thing for IMR to do however it's a tough one to accept when I'm paying the full amount. Obviously we don't know how good the new IEMs will be, however do you think the previous generation IEMs are worth the full MSRP? Thanks.
The original EDP was without question worth the full price that I paid. Will the EDP+ be almost double better? Remains to see.

Feb 15, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #613 of 698
It's something I've been wondering recently, myself.

What IS the actual value of those IEMs?

What is their real price? Are returning customers using their discount codes IMR's intended audience, in which case you should shave off a third of the price to get their actual value?

What should their resale value be on the secondary market? Reduced from the list price (IMR products ARE limited editions after all) or from the discounted price?

Is the Semper comparable in performance and sound quality to other IEMs in the area of 1000 GBP or maybe it is actually closer to the special discount price it was offered at to returning customers?

Feb 15, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #614 of 698
There are mutiple issues with IMR code system.You don't need an existing customer to reveal you the code. Just create an account and subscribe to the newsletter, you will be getting the code in your email whenever there is an update or code annoucement.
Ideally, the system must check any previous purchase for the customer before allowing the user to apply the code. If there is no purchase history, then don't allow any discount even if it is a valid loyality code.

Feb 15, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #615 of 698
There are mutiple issues with IMR code system.You don't need an existing customer to reveal you the code. Just create an account and subscribe to the newsletter, you will be getting the code in your email whenever there is an update or code annoucement.
Ideally, the system must check any previous purchase for the customer before allowing the user to apply the code. If there is no purchase history, then don't allow any discount even if it is a valid loyality code.
Aren't the new discount codes now linked to each individual customers previous purchases anyway?
I recently (well a couple of weeks ago) got an email stating such, due to someone sharing the code with first time customer/s.
I can't comment on any model except the EDP, as that's the only IMR iem I own to date, but I will say that I am still delighted to have taken the gamble, and consider them EASILY worth the asking price.
Once I can afford another IMR I will be getting one (had to pass on the pending models due to lack of funds, otherwise I would have bought the Bass Canon. Clever name BTW, I never caught it at first, thought Canon was just a typo!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back