IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jan 21, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #572 of 698
Didn’t go for PB2 because EDP has been serving me well on the go and PB1 to me already tick my boxes on Red nozzle black filter. Moreover, Semper was my ultimate target and its didn’t disappoint. To me a well tune IEM.

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #574 of 698
Dup.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #575 of 698
Took a break from Semper, and was entertained by little EDP today. Singing with the blues to its best across the FR. On Black nozzle blue filter with Comply T600 L.

Bob upcoming new EDP has to be better than current unless it’s a different signature.E9B0757A-551F-4111-9151-BEB0DBA20F5E.jpeg
It seems we have very similar musical tastes. I was also listenening to the EXACT SAME album yesterday on my EDPs. I love Bluest Blue. Was also listening to Gary Moore, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray. EDP does the Blues so well. What's that cable you have on there?

Jan 21, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #578 of 698
It seems we have very similar musical tastes. I was also listenening to the EXACT SAME album yesterday on my EDPs. I love Bluest Blue. Was also listening to Gary Moore, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray. EDP does the Blues so well. What's that cable you have on there?

Guess we do. Alvin Lee is one of my favourite guitarists. Robert Cray, Gary Moore as well and their albums sound crazy good on IMR. Funny thing is till date I don’t own any Stevie or Eddie Albums. These days, pratically stuck in the blues world since Semper went fully baked at 400hrs.

And that cable conductor which I had fabricated a few, customised to each of my IMR. I graded it as one of the quietest cables in my collections.
I will PM you.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #579 of 698
Im using red/ red with spiral dots++ with a bit of memory foam

Just went out and took my always loyal, always hard working r1 zenith. On this I’m using silver from rah and gold top, I must admit, I don’t need anything else

stay safe people... here in Mexico City covid is tearing the city apart, numberof cases is out of the charts and death toll has never been so high... my only refuge is music right now

dunu cable?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #580 of 698
New cables are in the house! Both the NICEHCK LitzPS Pure Silver and the 4 Core Graphene SPC Alloy showed up in the last 48 hours and I must say, they both give a nice lift to EDP. The bass goees just a little deeper and wider and the stage is widened a touch more. The biggest difference is in the upper reaches. The silver in both cables has extended the treble, giving it a bit more sparkle. Cymbal strikes and Maracas have a touch more shimmer to them. I've been A/B testing back and forth on the EDP and a few other IEMs and the sonic differences between the two are negligible with perhaps just a bit more width on the pure silver. It's hard for me to really tell if one is "betteer" than the other. Both extend the reach and clarity of the planar. I think the Silver Cable is going to my Fusions and the Graphene is staying on the EDPs. The seller says they are the OEM manufacturer for the Dark Jade and that this is the exact same cable except in 4 Cores. It's beautifully woven, soft and pliable, nice chrome hardware and best of all no cable slip. In fact I had to use a nail file to trim down the plastic extension to fit in the the EDP socket, but once done it's fits really tight. I want to give a shout out to the seller as well. He's super responsive. Literally within minutes of writing to him on the Ali message system, he responded. I needed a 2 Pin CIEM type cable but all the pics and choices only showed the flat 2 Pin - again within about a minute
he snapped a pic of .78 2 Pin CIEM type connector and asked me to confirm. Within 24 hours he had it made and shipped. I'm pretty impressed. For the money, it's hard to beat.
Following your recommendation I got a few cables from this seller, too. I liked the one with purple sheathing, and decided to get one each for my Moondrop Starfield, TRI Starsea, and Aten (the purple cables will go nicely with the shells). But damn, this guy is Helpful (yes, with capital H). First, I asked him if they had cables with screw-on MMCX connectors for my MT300. He went to consult with his factory's foreman, but unfortunately they didn't have that connector. Then, I told him what other cables I needed and he even asked which type of 2-pin I wanted: with shorter or longer 2-pin base. After I said he came recommended by you, he said he'd offer me a discount, but later he said he'd throw in a fourth cable free of charge instead and asked what plug and interface I wanted on it. I placed the order after agreeing all the details with him and I got a shipping number a few hours later, while it was way into the evening in China. If the cables are good and there's no issue with them, and the free cable is in the package, too, I think I'll make this guy my go-to supplier for all my cable needs. Sellers like this deserve all the custom.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #581 of 698
Brilliant. I'm glad you had a similar experience to mine. He is definitely a great seller and they are very good shop. I believe they are the OEM for NICE HCK, Linsoul and others. I'm also going back for a few more cables and have a few ideas for them as well.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #582 of 698
just my 2 cents on cables:

dunu Lyre 2pins is an endgame cable, the plug system and the fit for any 2pin is the best out there, it fits all my headphones, even pb1 and halcyon which the oem cable was tight

the sound (i do believe in cable rolling but not like it will change the whole FR) is smooth with good detail and spacious soundstage, i prefer it over the noble and hulk. hulk would be perfect if it wasnt so heavy.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #583 of 698
just my 2 cents on cables:

dunu Lyre 2pins is an endgame cable, the plug system and the fit for any 2pin is the best out there, it fits all my headphones, even pb1 and halcyon which the oem cable was tight

the sound (i do believe in cable rolling but not like it will change the whole FR) is smooth with good detail and spacious soundstage, i prefer it over the noble and hulk. hulk would be perfect if it wasnt so heavy.

Swappable plug system is the in thing. Very convenient. My new cable mostly terminated to picture 2.

Attachments

• B33B1731-3D35-4D69-AB96-96F616857EBA.jpeg
    B33B1731-3D35-4D69-AB96-96F616857EBA.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8145C79B-8119-42D2-8CB2-FDCF68B4B6C4.jpeg
    8145C79B-8119-42D2-8CB2-FDCF68B4B6C4.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #584 of 698
There's a New EDP+ on the way. Just posted this over on the the Opus Mia Semper Thread:
Quoting Bob Re: EDP+
The EDP+ is fairly similar in overall size but with a more oval shape than the previous model. Isolation is the same but I will be including a separate face place that can be swapped out to run open for those that wish to.

Sound is a step up and it is mainly down to the ADLC driver which is utterly magic! Realism is kept but detail retrieval is a marked improvement and the bass is also cleaner and offers more changes in the tuning on the filters.

For me I would put the EDP+ above the Opus Mia in almost every respect.

Count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back