IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Sep 12, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #528 of 698
Alea iacta est! I've just pre-ordered my PB two. I'm expecting much from it. I love the EDP sound; to my ears they have only one con, trebles a little recessed. PB two have the same DD, wider planar and twin electrostatic driver. I hope that ES added driver will extend their frequency response in the high end.... and i like too much the new IMR case shape. Futuristic....

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #529 of 698
Sep 12, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #530 of 698
Sep 18, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #531 of 698
It was time for a change, so I switched the filters and tips around on my EDP. Until now I was using pink lower with black upper and foam eartips.
Now I moved things up a notch in both departments and installed red lower and blue upper filters with azla sedna light short. That made the EDP sing for me, such an improvement (not that it sounded bad before). I needed the added tick of bass and some added sparkle up top.

I cut my fingertips something fierce, however, trying to separate the filters.

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #532 of 698
It was time for a change, so I switched the filters and tips around on my EDP. Until now I was using pink lower with black upper and foam eartips.
Now I moved things up a notch in both departments and installed red lower and blue upper filters with azla sedna light short. That made the EDP sing for me, such an improvement (not that it sounded bad before). I needed the added tick of bass and some added sparkle up top.

I cut my fingertips something fierce, however, trying to separate the filters.
Somebody on one of these threads recommended using a rubber band to unscrew particularly troublesome filters and nozzles. Seems like an idea that might work... of course, who has a rubber band laying around these days?

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #533 of 698
I actually have a whole bowl of those that have accumulated over the years. Thanks for the tip, I will try this next time!

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #535 of 698
I just use an old eartip to grasp the filter (a silicone one), and another stretched over the nozzle thread on those occasions that I've put everything back together too tight and need some extra grip to separate filter/nozzle.
Excellent suggestion basically the rubber band approach but with eartips. As for the life of me I don’t think I could find a rubber band, this would have to be my go to.

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #536 of 698
I actually have a whole bowl of those that have accumulated over the years. Thanks for the tip, I will try this next time!
Cool! I am having flashbacks to my (much) younger years when I made money as a teenager delivering newspapers... Rolling up all those newspapers and bundling them with rubber bands... Hated that then, but I miss it now!

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #537 of 698
Big Shout Out To Bob. I was one of the few (dozen or so) that had the "Slipping Cable Issue". I tried a few fixes on my own that didnt work very well, wrote to Bob and without hesistation offered to replace them. After a bit of discussion back and forth as to how I could fix it myself locally (my suggestion not his) - he simply offered to build me a new set - burn them in for a week and then ship them out. They left the UK on Friday and were in my mailbox in Vancouver Tuesday Morning. WOW that's fast!. You've heard it before that his customer service is exceptional and here's another unsolicited account of IMR / Bob's world class service.

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #538 of 698
Big Shout Out To Bob. I was one of the few (dozen or so) that had the "Slipping Cable Issue". I tried a few fixes on my own that didnt work very well, wrote to Bob and without hesistation offered to replace them. After a bit of discussion back and forth as to how I could fix it myself locally (my suggestion not his) - he simply offered to build me a new set - burn them in for a week and then ship them out. They left the UK on Friday and were in my mailbox in Vancouver Tuesday Morning. WOW that's fast!. You've heard it before that his customer service is exceptional and here's another unsolicited account of IMR / Bob's world class service.
Wow, he had to build you new IEM's?
I too have a bit of an issue with the cables slowly extracting themselves, but getting entire new units seems extreme in my case if that's the fix (it'd be nice to feel confident using them outside though, as I've dropped one IEM on a few occasions, and I have to check and re-seat the plug fairly regularly).
How bad was your issue? And did using other cables offer any solution in your case, or was the IEM shell the culprit?

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #539 of 698
Wow, he had to build you new IEM's?
I too have a bit of an issue with the cables slowly extracting themselves, but getting entire new units seems extreme in my case if that's the fix (it'd be nice to feel confident using them outside though, as I've dropped one IEM on a few occasions, and I have to check and re-seat the plug fairly regularly).
How bad was your issue? And did using other cables offer any solution in your case, or was the IEM shell the culprit?
My cables were REALY loose. Just sliding the ear hook over my ear pulled the pins out. So, it was extreme. I'm not sure where the actual issue lay. But I've used them for the day and they haven't slipped off which they frequently did before.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #540 of 698
My cables were REALY loose. Just sliding the ear hook over my ear pulled the pins out. So, it was extreme. I'm not sure where the actual issue lay. But I've used them for the day and they haven't slipped off which they frequently did before.
OK, mine aren't nearly that bad, I think I'll just try a new cable first. Wish I could find a cable with an angled 2-pin plug to keep the cable closer to the ear though. It's a shame to replace the stock IMR cable though, as it's pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back