IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #513 of 698
Annnndd they’re already sold out. That’s pretty quick right there. Hopefully everyone who wanted in got their shot!
72A4B7DD-6E11-482D-A007-5C1F246C9F94.png

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #514 of 698
woulda shoulda, yep was waiting on some funds that were supposed to be here last week? never showed, ggrrrr, but was wanting to pick up these and the Red, thought I'd save on some shipping ta boot? but did pick up the Red, couldn't wait any longer, didn't want to see them gone also,

been away from Head Fi for awhile, and these have gotten me back here, been thru some Low Fi, some good stuff out there for just dollars, but looking to switch from my ASG 2's, and these seem like a good candidate!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #515 of 698
woulda shoulda, yep was waiting on some funds that were supposed to be here last week? never showed, ggrrrr, but was wanting to pick up these and the Red, thought I'd save on some shipping ta boot? but did pick up the Red, couldn't wait any longer, didn't want to see them gone also,

been away from Head Fi for awhile, and these have gotten me back here, been thru some Low Fi, some good stuff out there for just dollars, but looking to switch from my ASG 2's, and these seem like a good candidate!

The Red’s just popped up on drop again. Fighting the urge to get them, I already dropped on the Atens, but mannnn I’d love to try them both....

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #516 of 698
yes that's encouraging! means there's hope in Bob still redoing batches of well reviewed IEM's! as I would still like to pick up the EDM's,

I sent Bob a message on buying a set of the grill covers/caps that the Atens use, to go with the Red's? from what I've read and seen i.e. the star screws they use, they should be compatable? and if possible I want to swap them back n forth, best of both worlds! open or closed? hhmmm let see, what mood am I in?

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #517 of 698
yes that's encouraging! means there's hope in Bob still redoing batches of well reviewed IEM's! as I would still like to pick up the EDM's,

I sent Bob a message on buying a set of the grill covers/caps that the Atens use, to go with the Red's? from what I've read and seen i.e. the star screws they use, they should be compatable? and if possible I want to swap them back n forth, best of both worlds! open or closed? hhmmm let see, what mood am I in?

May as well just buy the Aten to be fair or the new PB2 for a better EDP and switchable ports open closed, or EDP and Opus Mia.

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #518 of 698
May as well just buy the Aten to be fair or the new PB2 for a better EDP and switchable ports open closed, or EDP and Opus Mia.

yes that was my plan before the EDP finally sold out? getting them along with the Red, should have taken the plunge, but now I have a set of the Red on its way, and if I can swap out the caps, which I am not holding out for? don't think Bob will endorse that, but if he does? it will just be interesting, two in one IEM?

but yes your right, I will grab up some second hand IMR's gear and find out for myself, I am really encouraged from what I have been reading, I like his approach as to the SS/angle he goes for, from the average everyday consumers pov, hence the EDP: from his technical page:

"IMR does not create flat frequency response in-ear monitors because apart from the fact it sounds horrible and boring its is NEVER how it was recorded. Bass is meant to be dynamic, rich and present when the track presents it while constantly bringing the midrange to the front and presenting treble in a precise and non fatiguing manner."

which is what I like to enjoy! and will hear for myself soon enough, but keep up the great posts, nothing better than to hear about it from others experience!

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #521 of 698
EDP Comment of the Day: I've got a new tip / filter Combo.
I've been LOVING the EDPs with Black Bottom / Blue Top and either the Azla or Whirlwind Silicone tips. But, there are times when I want to increase the isolation and taking foams on and off the nozzles is kind of a PITA and reduces the lifespan of the tip, so I made up a 2nd base / nozzle combo for use with the foams so that I just need to change out the entire assembly when I want to switch. I took the black bottom from my RAH set (I use the blue bottom there) and screwed on the Red Nozzles but I found that they pulled back the top end a bit. I took out the foams from the red nozzles and that opened them right up. So now, Black Bottom with Red Top sans filter material with the Tennmak Foams is pure bliss. They're really open, nice and deep moderately wide with good detail. I'm assuming that by taking the dampening material out of the red nozzles it effectively turned them into the same signature as blue. All I know is they sound fantastic like this. These Tennmak Foams are the bomb. With the silicones, the EDP are just little more open and airy but they're not that far off, and the isolation of the foam together with the clarity of the red nozzle without the material is superb. Been A/B comparing against my Xelentos (also with Tennmak Foam) all morning and the EDP set up like this is far mare more natural where everything is just slightly brighter and more forward on the Xelento. It may be time to say goodbye to them. Alas, what I love about them is the form factor - it is remarkable how much sound and detail, Beyer was able to squeeze out of a such a small shell & single DD that fits entirely inside the ear - making them perfect for nap time - yet with EDP in the house, they're not getting so much eartime anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #522 of 698
I'll add that I personally find the differences among red black and blue uppers are subtle. I don't know how many would agree with me on that but that's been my experience. So to get started in finding your preferred combo just grab one of those three and use in conjunction with the lowers until you've got your bass quantity dialed in. Then play with the uppers to fine tune the rest to your liking.

I have spent a fair amount of time with all these filter starting from Trinity Audio era. In my experience, all these filters differ in two main things.
1. A tiny hole at the bottom circumference
2. Damping material

No hole means more bass, and it keeps on reducing as the hole size grows.

The new IMR filters with separate Bass nozzle and Upper stage filters works exactly the same way. All upper stage filters are same in size and dimension. Only difference is the damping material and its weight. no damping material means full treble. One can play with their own damping material. You can also experiment with the tiny hole at the Bass nozzle. you can apply some tape from inside to reduce the hole size and see how it affects the sound.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #523 of 698
Yeah, that's exactly how I did it. I first experimented with single colour bass and upper filters until I found the amount of bass that I liked. Then I started replacing the upper filter until I got a combo that I liked. I ended up with a pink lower and black upper filters, though I may bump the bass filter up a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back