IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 7, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #406 of 698
Bringing this thread back from wilderness.

Am probably the last few to receive EDP. It came last evening, which initially wasn’t in my priority list to purchase because of that 9mm DD.
Went for the kill after feedback were encouraging, and coincidently it was the last piece of those cancelled 18 when added to cart.

Fit like a custom and no regret. In fact music to my ears and on all black with Tennmak L Wide tip.
This little brother after just 20hrs of burn in can thump and kick like a mule on my Lynrd Skynyrd albums. Lush mids as well. Bass and mids working coherently and in tandem to generate an ample soundstage with no congestion is enough to trigger my brain to ignore the slightly tame treble in enjoying the natural free flow of music like the good old day of how I like my music to be heard. Same goes for Rah, PB1 and R3, with high expectation on Semper to not just fill my glass but overflowing it with rich sonic goodness.

Never ever gets fatigue when either one of my IMR is in my ears. Extending my listening session beyond the 4hrs mark is what intrigue me most.

EDP is the second IEM during my audio journey (after my old Noble N6) that I am actually using the stock cable. Surprised by the ability of the stock to groove with EDP.

The accessories and 2x balance cables enough to deem EDP a steal at the price we paid for. There could be better ones out there but been away from audio stores for years and the pass 7 months for me its all about IMR house sound.

Cheers and Enjoy.
If you like them at 20 hours, just hang on. I've passed 150 hours now, and the bass still thumps but reaches lower and has smoothed out while the treble has come far more alive. It's a nice little planar in there but it also needs time to develo. These are my new daily drivers.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #407 of 698
If you like them at 20 hours, just hang on. I've passed 150 hours now, and the bass still thumps but reaches lower and has smoothed out while the treble has come far more alive. It's a nice little planar in there but it also needs time to develo. These are my new daily drivers.

This small guy sure can sting like a bee and float like a butterfly.

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #408 of 698
Bringing this thread back from wilderness.

Am probably the last few to receive EDP. It came last evening, which initially wasn’t in my priority list to purchase because of that 9mm DD.
Went for the kill after feedback were encouraging, and coincidently it was the last piece of those cancelled 18 when added to cart.

Fit like a custom and no regret. In fact music to my ears and on all black with Tennmak L Wide tip.
This little brother after just 20hrs of burn in can thump and kick like a mule on my Lynrd Skynyrd albums. Lush mids as well. Bass and mids working coherently and in tandem to generate an ample soundstage with no congestion is enough to trigger my brain to ignore the slightly tame treble in enjoying the natural free flow of music like the good old day of how I like my music to be heard. Same goes for Rah, PB1 and R3, with high expectation on Semper to not just fill my glass but overflowing it with rich sonic goodness.

Never ever gets fatigue when either one of my IMR is in my ears. Extending my listening session beyond the 4hrs mark is what intrigue me most.

EDP is the second IEM during my audio journey (after my old Noble N6) that I am actually using the stock cable. Surprised by the ability of the stock to groove with EDP.

The accessories and 2x balance cables enough to deem EDP a steal at the price we paid for. There could be better ones out there but been away from audio stores for years and the pass 7 months for me its all about IMR house sound.

Cheers and Enjoy.

I agree with your opinion, at the price we have payed EDP is a steal. Yes, trebles are tamed (the only EDP con for me) but very clean, never fatiguing. For a slightly more treble presence i'm now using black/blue combo and, proceeding in the burn-in EDP is opening a little hour by hour.
EDP fitting comfort is very good, they have an egg-shape similar to Shure iems. I forget i'm wearing 'em.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #409 of 698
Still don't have my EDP's and i've been waiting since March. They shipped over a month ago and they aren't even in Canada Post's system yet. Looking like they wont arrive until September if at all. Easily the worst buying experience I've had in the hobby.

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #410 of 698
Still don't have my EDP's and i've been waiting since March. They shipped over a month ago and they aren't even in Canada Post's system yet. Looking like they wont arrive until September if at all. Easily the worst buying experience I've had in the hobby.
“worst buying experience I've had in the hobby”. Just trying to understand... do you have a tracking number and see the package moving, albeit slowly, or do you not have a tracking number or it has not even left Bob’s post office?

In my case, my PB1 took about 6 weeks to reach me, but that was largely due to a month delay in US Customs for some reason... I don’t blame IMR in the least for that, as once it is shipped they lose control...

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #411 of 698
“worst buying experience I've had in the hobby”. Just trying to understand... do you have a tracking number and see the package moving, albeit slowly, or do you not have a tracking number or it has not even left Bob’s post office?

In my case, my PB1 took about 6 weeks to reach me, but that was largely due to a month delay in US Customs for some reason... I don’t blame IMR in the least for that, as once it is shipped they lose control...

I don't mean to bash Bob as I'm very aware of his limitations during Covid but between the lack of communication with his customers, the major delays in product shipments (he said they would ship in May, most shipped late July) and now my shipping delay which has been 5 weeks (originally the website said shipped August 7th. He's saying they actually shipped August 17th) It's way too many issues stacked on top of one another for a positive experience.

I was one of the first to pre-order in March for a May release date and now it's looking like i'll get it in September. I can't blame Canada Post or Royal Mail for all of the above reasons.

In comparison I ordered EE Bravado's on a Thursday from the US and received them the following day. This was a month ago when Covid shipping delays were at their peak in Canada.

Aug 7, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #412 of 698
I don't mean to bash Bob as I'm very aware of his limitations during Covid but between the lack of communication with his customers, the major delays in product shipments (he said they would ship in May, most shipped late July) and now my shipping delay which has been 5 weeks (originally the website said shipped August 7th. He's saying they actually shipped August 17th) It's way too many issues stacked on top of one another for a positive experience.

I was one of the first to pre-order in March for a May release date and now it's looking like i'll get it in September. I can't blame Canada Post or Royal Mail for all of the above reasons.

In comparison I ordered EE Bravado's on a Thursday from the US and received them the following day. This was a month ago when Covid shipping delays were at their peak in Canada.
Got it, thanks for the extra detail. If I were you I might feel the same way.

One minor thing. When you ordered the EE Bravado’s you were ordering something already designed and manufactured versus something that is still in development or in early stage manufacturing. But given the delay in shipping to you that is probably your biggest issue.

In my case I ordered Feb 4 (I just dug up my PayPal receipt to confirm) when it first became possible to order, and it shipped July 3.

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #413 of 698
After listening to the EDP I felt my resolve not to get any other IMR product crack a little. I was very positively surprised by how good-sounding this IEM is. But then I saw the prices of Bob's new IEMs and decided they are too expensive for me, so I will be happily sticking to the EDP.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #414 of 698
After listening to the EDP I felt my resolve not to get any other IMR product crack a little. I was very positively surprised by how good-sounding this IEM is. But then I saw the prices of Bob's new IEMs and decided they are too expensive for me, so I will be happily sticking to the EDP.
You know that a new customer, there is a loyalty code available to you that heavily incentivizes you to pick up the new and future units. The EDP was priced so that they did not qualify for the loyalty discount. Write to Bob and he can give you the code and the amount. I think you'll be pleased with what he offers you as an existing customer.

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #415 of 698
You know that a new customer, there is a loyalty code available to you that heavily incentivizes you to pick up the new and future units. The EDP was priced so that they did not qualify for the loyalty discount. Write to Bob and he can give you the code and the amount. I think you'll be pleased with what he offers you as an existing customer.
You're right. I just checked.
Must. Resist! Dammit, I was planning to get a Topping A90 at the end of the month...

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #417 of 698
I'm leaning towards the Semper. Though I really have no idea where all those drivers fit inside that small shell.

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #418 of 698
I'm leaning towards the Semper.

You shall find this is the correct answer.

Though I really have no idea where all those drivers fit inside that small shell

The how is not relevant (it’s rainbow farts and unicorn dust if you do need to know), the fact they are in what is probably larger than it appears much like the Tardis is all that’s important.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #420 of 698
I completely understand the [more than] frustration over the shipping delays and lack of comms. we were told everything was shipped June 6 only to discover they were still being shipped well into july. I was pretty furious about it. Not, so much the dely, but being told something that just wasn't true. There's no excuse for that and there's a lot to be said about dealing in truth and if one makes a committment he or she can't keep, they should proactively communicate it. I'll just leave that part of it there; no need to beat that dead horse anymore.
Anyway, my EDPs finally arrived last week and I put all of the negative emotions away and just enjoy them now.

If your units were shipped July 17 I can almost guarantee you they are in Canada. In fact I can almost guarantee you they are in the Canada Customs / Canada Post bonded warehouse in Richmond just off the airport. Everything in that facility has ground to snail's pace. Almost everything coming into the country through the postal system is experiencing monumental delays. 1. They are unionized and are on "work to rule" 2. Because of Covid online shopping has skyrocketed so volumes of international mail USA and otherwise has also skyrocketed. 3. Staff levels are reduced. I had some car parts from California (normally 3 days) take 6 weeks to get to me with all the delays coming from that Richmond Canada Post facility.

As for Royal Mail and Canada Post their EDI / Tracking Systems don't play nice together. I have had 3 units come to me from IMR, 3 purchases from Audio Concierge and several tools I get from a UK tool maker all come to me via Royal Mail. Not a single one of those packages made it into the Canada Post Tracking System. The Tracking status I got on everyone of them stopped at HWDC Item Leaving UK ( or smething like that). My EDPs were delivered a week ago and the status still shows "Item Leaving The UK"

I totally understand your frustration, your disappointment and whatever other feeling is attached to this purchase, trust me I get it. Bob needs to up his communication game - that for sure - But if your EDPs were shipped on the 17th they will likey show up in your mailbox next week and the tracking status wont change a bit. The normal transit time from UK to Vancouver via Royal Mail / CP is 7 days. My EDPs took 4 weeks. If you're traking status shows: "Leaving UK" they've already left via airfeight into Vancouver and are already here waiting to be inspected & released by Customs. The EDPs are very good (after the requsite 100 hours) and I am really sorry for everything you're feeling and why you're feeling it. I personally have come to the conclusion that IMR products are very good and I'm going to have to pay 2 separate fees to get them 1. is the price and 2 is the moving target on delivery. I hope they show up soon for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back