IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jul 21, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #256 of 698
Jul 21, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #258 of 698
I got my EDP today. All I'm going to say: it was worth the wait. Female vocals are out of this world.
It's pretty power hungry though.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #261 of 698
BTW, what filter combination you prefer on the EDP? What combination is the best to capture their nature? Black on black?
Your question is not as simple as it appears. IMR IEMS dont just respond to Filter / Nozzle combinations but tip selection also has a tremendous impact. I just wrote over on the RAH thread how wide bore tips completely transformed (positively) the signature of the RAHS. I'm still waiting for my EDPs to show up but if you go back a few pages in this thread, @jon parker I believe, made a comment that although he doesn't like the black black combo on other IMRs, he does on the EDP. When mine finally arrive (21 days in transit so far) I'll start with Black Black and a wide bore tip (whirlwind and Azla Sedna) then medium bore then small bore like Final E. And run that progression of tips with different Filter Nozzle combos. On my Zeniths and RAHs wide bore tips preserved the bass, removed the muddiness and opened up a lot of airiness. Even using the same Filter Nozzle Combo, the tips had a dramatic impact.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #262 of 698
That's a wonderful source--to my best understanding, neutral, open. I am going to guess Black on Black? Who knows, though... everyone's ears are unique. :)

I first tried with the Campfire Atlas, they were in burn-in process, about 80 hours, on Lotoo paw6k.
Then compared the EDP (red/red), on burn-in process too, at least 30 hours.

Eva Scolaro Don´t Tell me no
Vocals on EDP are more forwarded, clener and Deeper
Bass obviously on Atlas side.

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #264 of 698
I can Only Compare with de imr r2 red that I could test for a few weeks, and the EDP y far away better for my tastes

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #265 of 698
First Impressions--will swing back after a week or so of burn in.

Fit ‘n finish 8/10
Me likey. Dark grey with a soft shine and a red stripe. (Pic up above) Some industrial influences but much less than with previous IMR IEMs. Not terribly prone to fingerprints so far… If I could change one thing, it would be the tiny screws on the ‘stripe.’ Either red or recessed or capped, but this is seriously minor (and I am very shallow and fussy about looks). I lean a bit towards steampunk or clean modern industrial. More of the latter, less of the former. R1 was the former…

Cables 7/10 overall, 10/10 for stock
Huge improvement from previous IMR cables. I hated the smooth black ones but the IEM sounded so good I decided not to bug Bob about that… braided and not tangly so far. The plug end is nicely protected with translucent acrylic. First time I’m not on Amazon ordering a replacement within 18 seconds.

Ergonomics-n-comfort 9/10
The entire thing is metal and feels very solid but not ‘overweight.’ Very easy to place in the ear; best IMR has done in that respect so far. Very comfy, no fear of dropping out.

Isolation 8/10
Good isolation; clearly this is dependent on tips, but baseline just fine. Not a concern for me, honestly. I have a pretty quiet home, neighborhood and office… Used to live in NYC—SoCal is relatively silent.

Sound 8/10 overall, 11/10 for the price
High-The highs are crisp and seamless from the mids. No sibilance. I HATE sibilance. I’m on the autistic spectrum, which is perhaps why… I find sibilance to be literally painful.

Mid-The detail is nigh-ridiculous—especially in the mid-range. Planars are the shizz! Mids are pretty neutral—if you are looking for warmth, look elsewhere… what is in the recording is what you will hear. If you have a crap music collection, don’t buy these. You’ll just be sad! If you can get to MQA or DSD or FLAC etc. you’ll be in heaven.

Low-Bass is tight and perfectly adequate. Not booming. Bassheads look elsewhere, bass aficionados can stay. Bass is reminiscent of the R1 if that is helpful.

Texture, separation, placement, all impressive—particularly for a tiny closed IEM. I think I don’t really understand ‘holographic’ properly, but if it means ‘the drums are over there about 3 feet behind the bass amp’ then they have that.

These are insanely good for the money. I feel like I’ve ‘gotten over’ and I think Bob might have lost his shirt on these.
I will send him a shirt.

From what I've read, bass is pretty low on the R 1 and one of its main selling points?

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #266 of 698
A lot of interesting tips on that site. Just when you think you have every tip known to man find all these.

Anyone tried these ones? They are all new to me.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...icon-with-foam-inside-eartips-2-pairs-3-sizes

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collections/eartip/products/epro-horn-shaped-tips-silicon-eartips-2-pairs

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-eartips-2-pairs-for-sony-campfire-fender-jvc

I'm a bit done with paying £20 for 3 pairs of tips now tho.

Dekoni bulletz a size smaller than I usually use is working nicely for me at the mo. Comfort was the main reason but I'm liking the bass a lot.

I have the Type W, silicon/foam hybrids and don't like them at all. They're too firm and unlike most foams when you pinch them before inserting, these just keep their shape straight away, hsve no softness at all. . As a silicon they're uncomfortable for same reason, too firm.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #268 of 698
@harry501501 I have the R1 Zenith (to which I was referring--I should have been more precise!); I also read what you read, but my experience was not one of basshead bass. It is entirely possible that I have crappy ears for bombastic bass, though. I didn't do a side-by-side, which I could look at for ya...

Have you tried using black nozzle with the gold filter and then turning the volume up? This should increase the bass due to volume and then the upper frequencies will play at the same volume, it depends how pronounced the mids are already but I would say adding power to the planar is only ever going to always be a good thing.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #269 of 698
I have the Type W, silicon/foam hybrids and don't like them at all. They're too firm and unlike most foams when you pinch them before inserting, these just keep their shape straight away, hsve no softness at all. . As a silicon they're uncomfortable for same reason, too firm.
Same here for the W's, don't enjoy them at all.
I'm quite liking the medium stock silicones due to them being fractionally smaller than most of the mediums that I have.
Like the Silicone part of the W's though, the cap may be slightly too firm.
I confess that I'm struggling to find eartips that I like (mainly the comfort/seal seesaw).

Jul 22, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #270 of 698
Hey, so how are these for rock music or busier tracks? From what I'm reading they may be a little bass light to do it justice, a lot of you guys are citing classical, acoustic music as their forte.

Also, how do they compare to the Tin Hifi P1... another set that is known for bass of limited quantity, but again from what I'm reading they both share detailed mids, with the P1 being more lush perhaps?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back