Improving the ATH-M50's?
Jul 5, 2011 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deltz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys at the moment im running M50's with the musiland 02, to be honest the musiland didnt make that much a difference to the headphones except amplify the volume a little. Is there anything I can add to the setup to improve the sound quality (fiio e11)? Or would I just need to upgrade headphones(sugguestions)? 

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 5
I use a Fiio E7 and E9 combo and it certainly makes the M50 slightly more smoother. The E7 by itself makes it more warm and so should the E11.

Also if you type in M50 mod in the search, there are plenty to play around with. I did find removing the adhesive padding inside clears the mids up quite a lot and is easily put back if you don't like it.

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 5
cMoy (JDS Labs) does wonders for mine....really opens the soundstage and instrument separation. Consider the PA2V2 as well (I felt the JDSLabs for my listening preference better)...$60 either way

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Consider the PA2V2 as well

I did and I think they sound amazing to my ears through it!  The other thing that will make a difference if you are using MP3s etc is to increase the bit-rate you are ripping at.  I've moved to lossless and the difference between that and 192KB is staggering.  Of course some people will say you can get the same results at 320KB but hey disk is cheap, headphones are expensive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back