Impressions: New Lawton Audio 'Angle Pads' (sheepskin/leather) PICTURES ADDED
Apr 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #77 of 187
Here's an email I got from Mark regarding the thickness of the pads vs. the Jmoney's. I mainly want the pads for a better fit, they move around on my head too much.

The extra padding on our pads will help stretch the headband a little bit as if you had a larger head, they will probably hold on a little firmer for you.

I will soon have more pics and info for general consumption in mean time here is exclusive pic of side views, this comparison has our old modified stock pads on left, Angle Pads in middle, and stock pads on right.

Our pads are ideal size now that we can control all parameters.

Mark

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #78 of 187
Here's an email I got from Mark regarding the thickness of the pads vs. the Jmoney's. I mainly want the pads for a better fit, they move around on my head too much.

The extra padding on our pads will help stretch the headband a little bit as if you had a larger head, they will probably hold on a little firmer for you.

I will soon have more pics and info for general consumption in mean time here is exclusive pic of side views, this comparison has our old modified stock pads on left, Angle Pads in middle, and stock pads on right.

Our pads are ideal size now that we can control all parameters.

Mark

There are no JMoney pads in that pic.
With the JMoney pads the headband is stretched even more since the stiffer pads compress less.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #79 of 187
I asked him how the thickness of his pads are compared to Jmoney's. In my post I didn't say there were side by side of Jmoney's??? As his competitor I would not expect him to address J's vs. his. Just polite business practice.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #80 of 187
I got recently the Lawton pads they are stiffer than stock pads and bigger in the end more comfortable and the phones move less on your head as for sound the difference i think could only be measured in a a/b test. because its not a night and day difference

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #82 of 187
Go to Lawton Audio website click on MOD GUIDES and click on ANGLE PADS INSTALL GUIDE everything you need to know is on that page.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #84 of 187
It's actually rather simple.
Pull off the pads like you would with any other phones.
Then twist off the white plastic rings.
Pull the new pads over the rings, no need for a spoon or anything like that. (certainly no knife or screwdriver)
Align the pins on the pads with the holes in the metal of the phones, push firmly and twist.

After that you can turn the pads around as much as you want.
For both the J$ or Lawton pads, lign up the seams with the front connection of the hinges to the phones.
That way the thicker part of your pads are at the back.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #86 of 187
How do the Lawton pads compare to the stock ones with respect to the surface curvature where it sits against the head? The stock ones feel quite convex (at least fresh out of the box) on the front edge of the pads.

Are the Lawton pads flatter or similar in profile?

Cheers

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #87 of 187

Quote:
How do the Lawton pads compare to the stock ones with respect to the surface curvature where it sits against the head? The stock ones feel quite convex (at least fresh out of the box) on the front edge of the pads.

Are the Lawton pads flatter or similar in profile?

Cheers

You mean the part of the pads that actually touch the head, the upper part if you lay them flat on their back when not attached to the headphone?
In that case quite convex as well, certainly less flat than L3000 or W3000 pads.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #89 of 187
Yes, convex.
I just checked with all three pads.
The original ones are the most convex, the Lawtons a bit less at the back but not in the front, the J$ totally flat at the back but not in the front. Maybe there's a reason for that?
The pads of the W3000 and L3000 are flat all around, those of the W1000X are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back