Impressions: New Lawton Audio 'Angle Pads' (sheepskin/leather) PICTURES ADDED
Mar 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #46 of 187
Still nobody about on head-fi who's received their pads and is willing to share?

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #48 of 187
Yep, I hope they're worth the wait. Mark said 2 weeks 'til dispatch on the 14th so hopefully they'll be on a flight by the end of the week!

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #49 of 187
I had a level 2 done it took 4 months and i got the phones back but  thats without the angle pads those are backorder and ive been waiting for those since beginning of february was supposed to get them last week but its pushed back again and i dont know when ! originally it was suppose to be 8-11 weeks wait total .Its not is fault but ................

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #50 of 187
Newbie here - been lurking for awhile. I figured I should join up since you're looking for pictures and impressions of the D-5000s with Lawton's lambskin angle pads. I received my modded pair a couple weeks ago.

First of all, I'm relatively new to upper-end headphones, so I really have nothing of note to compare these to. Suffice it to say that, after a couple hundred hours of burn-in/listening, I am hearing very familiar music for what seems to be the first time. I can't believe how much I was missing before!

As far as comfort is concerned, the pads are luscious. Large ear holes fit me perfectly, and I've experienced absolutely no fatigue or discomfort after 2-3 hours of constant listening. Very comfortable. These phones have added significantly to my enjoyment of music.

Anyway, that's my quick review. For those still waiting or trying to decide whether or not to buy - worth it, IMO.

Let me know if you need more/better pics!

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #51 of 187

Quote:
Newbie here - been lurking for awhile. I figured I should join up since you're looking for pictures and impressions of the D-5000s with Lawton's lambskin angle pads. I received my modded pair a couple weeks ago.

First of all, I'm relatively new to upper-end headphones, so I really have nothing of note to compare these to. Suffice it to say that, after a couple hundred hours of burn-in/listening, I am hearing very familiar music for what seems to be the first time. I can't believe how much I was missing before!

As far as comfort is concerned, the pads are luscious. Large ear holes fit me perfectly, and I've experienced absolutely no fatigue or discomfort after 2-3 hours of constant listening. Very comfortable. These phones have added significantly to my enjoyment of music.

Anyway, that's my quick review. For those still waiting or trying to decide whether or not to buy - worth it, IMO.

Let me know if you need more/better pics!

Welcome and thanks for your impressions.
They look to be of about the same thickness of the J$ Pads.
Is the filling soft or sturdy?

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #52 of 187
The filling has just the right amount of support - not too soft or too firm. As I said, they are very comfortable and I can listen to music for extended periods without the distraction of "feeling" the phones on my head. I forget they're even there after awhile.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #53 of 187
Thanks so much for posting dfunk24, this was just the news I wanted to hear, they look great and your pictures are excellent as well so thank you. The size and thickness looks great and your comments on comfort are encouraging to hear :D

Oh yeah - sorry about your wallet! :wink:

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #58 of 187
When I looked at them last year, I think they were $70 or 80 posted to the UK then, although the exchange rate was less favourable to brits then.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #60 of 187
Is there still only one person with a set of these pads?  Are there really 2 kinds of pads?  On the Lawton website,  he says these are available but are going fast does anyone know if he has caught up with orders yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back