Impressions: New Lawton Audio 'Angle Pads' (sheepskin/leather) PICTURES ADDED
Apr 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #92 of 187

Quote:
Tyll had measurements with these pads on a pdf booklet in his recent review of the D x000 line, these seem to bring the bass under better control.

Would you mind posting a link for that review? I'm very interested so i can decide if i should order the pads for my D7000 Also wish to know what MarkL mod will do themand if i need one or just pads will be fine

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #96 of 187
It means the part of the pads that is touching your head is rounder.

It has nothing to do with the angle the pads have. The angle of the Lawton and J$ pads are practically the same, more angled than the stock pads thus. I think that explains why they have a more dimensional sound.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #99 of 187

Quote:
hmm ok!

Oh and gratz on the new title applehead :p

Thanks. Suddenly I feel all-knowing!  
wink_face.gif

May 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #102 of 187
I've been interested in these, until I read the installation instructions...that put me off a bit.  For those of you who have done it, is it really much of a pain or is there really any risk of ruining anything?

May 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #104 of 187

Quote:
I've been interested in these, until I read the installation instructions...that put me off a bit.  For those of you who have done it, is it really much of a pain or is there really any risk of ruining anything?

It's actually easier to change the pads than to open the box they came in.
The instructions on Mark's site are so thourough that they make it seem complicated.
Check what I wrote a few posts earlier, there's really nothing to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back