Impact Audio Cables Review: A Fresh Source of Quality (Sound), Not Quantity (Price)
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #81 of 99
Does anyone have any suggestions for other semi custom to custom IEM cable builders at similar quality and price points in N America other than Impact Audio Cables?
Good luck with that! I have not seen anybody making cables in the U.S at that price point. Impact is the best value in my opinion.

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #82 of 99
I've been assembling a few cables, for re-wiring some of my earbuds - but I've ordered some mid-range looking connectors, and cheaper wire from AliExpress.

If you order (in small quantities) the quality Eidolic connectors that Lindsay used on my cable, the three connectors (2.5mm TRRS, and 2x MMCX) would cost $30 plus Shipping (from a US vendor - I wouldn't necessarily trust that name brand connectors on AliExpress are genuine), and OCC Litz wire (to braid a 4-strand, 2.5-meter cable), sells for ~$28 for 10-meters from AliExpress. So, you're at ~$60, without a splitter, or heat-shrink, or labor costs.

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #83 of 99
From what I've found today, to make cable to own stadards would be about $90 without adding nice soft cable bundle jacket... Helix Ag plated OCC Cu, Eidolic plugs and splitter, L/R label, etc.

Found another fairly customizable cable Co that does headphones and other stuff w Eidolic that's about $87 for 1-6 foot length of wires, paracord jacket & shipped, can also do upgrades of OCC Cu or Ag for $30/$35, Furutech for certain plugs, add some coil as well, some interesting jacket options, etc that's not too bad looking of an offering.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #84 of 99
From what I've found today, to make cable to own stadards would be about $90 without adding nice soft cable bundle jacket... Helix Ag plated OCC Cu, Eidolic plugs and splitter, L/R label, etc.

Found another fairly customizable cable Co that does headphones and other stuff w Eidolic that's about $87 for 1-6 foot length of wires, paracord jacket & shipped, can also do upgrades of OCC Cu or Ag for $30/$35, Furutech for certain plugs, add some coil as well, some interesting jacket options, etc that's not too bad looking of an offering.

Care to share the cable Co you found?

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #86 of 99
I did get a response to the Etsy message I sent to Lindsay.
He said they were OK, and their place didn't get flooded by Hurricane Harvey - but their neighborhood was surrounded by water for a few days, so they were not able to get out.

I know I saw some TV coverage of one neighborhood in a northern suburb of Houston, where the water was at least 7' deep - you couldn't see the top of the trim over the garage doors at the front of the houses - so being trapped-in for a few days wasn't too bad.

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #87 of 99
Just got a cable from Impact today for my Lcd2, im a very happy customer cool color choices, great build, light and not bulky, and improved sound over the stock cable. Ill be going back for any headphones i get that have removable cables.

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #89 of 99
Photo or didn't happen

Here we go! Brown and black to match the shedua lcd2.
20171026_191757.jpg
20171026_191808.jpg
20171026_191826.jpg

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #90 of 99
Would anybody know where I could get furutech or adl seperate diy mmcx connectors, the same ones on the adl ihp-35m plus 1.3 m cables. I have shure se846 cl's. Or do you think the eidolic em-cxp mmcx plugs are better, thoughts? Impossible to find the furu's as standalones, I'm assuming they'd be spendy, so if the eidolic are solid might be smarter to go that route. Any input is appreciated, thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back