iMod Vcap dock & PORTABLE Vcap Dock - Info and Talk Soup
Feb 3, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #286 of 328
Hi everyone, just a quick question, does my new Imod 5.5g actually require burn in? I've been reading alot of posts and it seems the only components that require burn in are the wires and the portable vcap, if this is the case il just connect up my old ipod to burn in the vcaps and my amp and save the battery etc on the Imod if theres nothing actually in there that requires burn in,

cheers

Pete

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #288 of 328
Exactely, it's the good way

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #289 of 328
I'm trying to work out the best way to burn in my portable vcap dock too.

I didn't think you were meant to use it with a normal Ipod?

Is it OK to burn it in with a cheap mp3 player? Does an amp still need to be connected to the vcap dock?

Thanks

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #290 of 328
You can use a regular CD player or any other source, it doesn't have to be an ipod. The important thing is you have audio signal flowing into the vcaps....

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #291 of 328
Thanks.

So is there any benefit of using the Vcap while listening to my discman? Should it be providing better sound?

It hadn't occured to me to use the vcap with anything but my iMod.

Feb 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #292 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamespb78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks.

So is there any benefit of using the Vcap while listening to my discman? Should it be providing better sound?

It hadn't occured to me to use the vcap with anything but my iMod.

I think it burns in faster if you use the iMod, but don't have tests to prove this. (hard to perform for sure)

Feb 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #293 of 328
Using Pvacap with another source than an imod won't give you a great sound.
Because Pvcaps are there to make the job.
In regular source there are soon caps wich make the job And if you use Vcap + source cap, result will be inferior at the lower caps...

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #294 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Pvacap with another source than an imod won't give you a great sound.
Because Pvcaps are there to make the job.
In regular source there are soon caps wich make the job And if you use Vcap + source cap, result will be inferior at the lower caps...

severe bass rolloff and more without the iMod.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #295 of 328
I'm just wondering if anyone has discovered a nice case of some sort that allows them to carry/use their iMod/p-V-CAP/Amp (something like a Hornet). I don't own the p-VCAP yet, but am seriously considering it. My only qualm is having three devices rubberbanded to each other everywhere I go (its pretty rouch on those lineout docks as it is). Some kind of small case that would hold all three of these devices would be ideal. It wouldn't have to stack them all vertically, even layed out side to side would work (you'd need a little longer cables).

What does everybody use?

J

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #296 of 328
there are plenty storage solutions for transportable audio, catering to whatever sort of rig. they already exist x99999 if you do a little repurposing of other things

camera cases are a popular choice for the size of rig you're talking about

i'm hesitant to recommend the headroom gigabag or whatever because it doesn't really accomodate an LOD / the other cabling so well

personally, I have a great little bag from Hewlett Packard for carrying this little mini photo printer thing and it is an exquisite choice for this kind of thing

look around

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #297 of 328
how would using different cable combos affect the sound... ex. jumbo cyro with a super cotton mini, blin gbling with a jumbo mini e.t.c

I find that the niteize is the perfect case for traveling has a open top so no need to worry about your cables being damaged if your wearing them on your belt and if you reposition your amp you can fit them perfectly in with your portable caps unless you have ar ather huge amp.

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #298 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would go for standard or smaller dock plug with the 3 wires coming out, into an enclosure of some kind just big enough to hold the caps, with a female 3.5mm plug in it. Maybe it could go between the imod and a portable amp?

Like this kind of thing maybe?

Lots of good ways to do it though.

That's funny I am reading this thread now, since I just bought a dock that you made like this the other day.

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #299 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigjppop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just wondering if anyone has discovered a nice case of some sort that allows them to carry/use their iMod/p-V-CAP/Amp (something like a Hornet). I don't own the p-VCAP yet, but am seriously considering it. My only qualm is having three devices rubberbanded to each other everywhere I go (its pretty rouch on those lineout docks as it is). Some kind of small case that would hold all three of these devices would be ideal. It wouldn't have to stack them all vertically, even layed out side to side would work (you'd need a little longer cables).

What does everybody use?

J

I have a HeadRoom microbag and I can fit an iRiver H140, RSA Predator, and 2006 HR Micro DAC in there, so that should work.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #300 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's funny I am reading this thread now, since I just bought a dock that you made like this the other day.

Lol. I took my own advice and made it not long after that post, someone had to!

How's it sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back