Imbalance in my new IE 8's
May 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #16 of 17
  I don't believe that the tool is effective in cleaning wax from the grill. I have heard that hydrogen peroxide is effective in dissolving ear wax. Try suspending the grill part only in a bowl of H2O2, possibly with a signal to agitate. Rinse with distilled water.

I had the problem with channel imbalance and muffled sound in general. Cleaning with the tool made it even worse. I gave them a good bath in 
Hydrogen peroxide ​
and WOW, channel imbalance is gone, highs are back and I could clearly see earwax dissolved in (HO)2. I have no idea what long term effect (HO)2 will have on the grill and possibly internals (if it gets too deep) as it is very strong oxidant, but I used 3% solution you can get in pharmacy - I hope it will not do any damage - so far so good.

May 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #17 of 17
I had the problem with channel imbalance and muffled sound in general. Cleaning with the tool made it even worse. I gave them a good bath in 
Hydrogen peroxide 
and WOW, channel imbalance is gone, highs are back and I could clearly see earwax dissolved in (HO)2. I have no idea what long term effect (HO)2 will have on the grill and possibly internals (if it gets too deep) as it is very strong oxidant, but I used 3% solution you can get in pharmacy - I hope it will not do any damage - so far so good.

3% H2O2 doesn't have oxidising properties iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back