1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

imaging: Hifiman orthos versus K1000

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by mike1127, Sep 2, 2012.
  1. mike1127
    I used to own a K1000 and I remember that it had superb "outside the head" imaging. I sold it a while back. I just picked up a Hifiman HE-500 and I'm impressed with the imaging, and it does get "outside the head" and feel "open" almost to the degree the K1000 did, but it's been a while since I heard the K1000. Does anyone here own both a Hifiman ortho and the K1000 and have any immediate impressions of the imaging of each?

2. sphinxvc
    Well, I owned a K1K weeks ago, and also own an HE-6, and I wouldn't say the K1K had great imaging, but it did have a large, out of head soundstage.

3. robm321
    Bump - interested in how the HE-6 and K-1000 compare

4. Elysian
    I don't really find the K1000 and HE6 that comparable.  The HE6s remind me a lot of Maggies, which the K1000s don't.

5. mrarroyo Contributor
    Had the HE6 on loan and have had the HE500 for a while as well as two K1000. As much as I like the HE500 the K1000 is IMO a whole different beast and the one I prefer. Granted we all hear differently and our music, sac, amp, etc can steer us into different directions. Just try it and decide which is better for you.

6. robm321
    Thanks!