Image X10 (re) appreciation thread
Aug 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #76 of 100
I hope it's not inappropriate to post this in a X10 (re)appreciation thread, but I find the new single armature Soundmagic PL50 very similar to the X10, especially in bass and mids. Just thought this might be of interest.

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #77 of 100
Nov 2, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #78 of 100
Ordered mine today, should be here on Wednesday.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #79 of 100
Ordered some today as well - remember being very impressed with them when I had a demo listen, and recently lost my Etys
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #80 of 100
Recieved them yesterday. While ok with Rock and Jazz, other gens seem to suffer. I will try the different tips and see if any change. But so far I think I like the S4 better(I know, I know tstarn06).
ksc75smile.gif
They have a sought of ambiance or airy(surround sound) that I like, very similar to my ATH headphones. So can these be burnt in? I read somewhere that they don't need it.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #81 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recieved them yesterday. While ok with Rock and Jazz, other gens seem to suffer. I will try the different tips and see if any change. But so far I think I like the S4 better(I know, I know tstarn06).
ksc75smile.gif
They have a sought of ambiance or airy(surround sound) that I like, very similar to my ATH headphones. So can these be burnt in? I read somewhere that they don't need it.

I haven't noticed any difference with burn-in. I have noticed huge differences with tips though. The X10's also scale pretty well with different amplifiers.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #82 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I was as surprised as you are. I guess we're just the pedestrian types who favor the less expensive IEMs. On the other hand, maybe Klipsch's real niche is dynamics, not BAs. Just thinking out loud. The X10s were their first in-ears, along with the Custom line (I had the Custom 3s and never cared much for them). Maybe their S4s are not necessarily better, but just different. I know some are saying the S4s have artificially pumped up bass, etc., to please we audiophile wannabes. But if that's the case, so be it. I like the S4s, a lot. Liked them more than the X10s when I had both. The UM3X serve as my more neutral IEMs, and they sound great too. Heck, I even like the im616s I got for $14 two weeks ago, and they have Ety drivers - the exact opposite of the S4s. I guess variety truly is the spice of life.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #83 of 100
Well I was about to sell these and to my surprise I tried the Sony Hybrid and they just floored me. The clarity and Bass, yes the BASS(like the Atrios) is amazing. WOW
biggrin.gif
These are keepers. They sound amazing with my iAudio X5.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tstarn06 you gotta try it, since your wife still has them!?

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #84 of 100
I noticed a HUGE difference after burning in my x10's. The bass gets alot better too. I really like my x10's, especially for my first IEM. Until I go the custom route, these things are gonna me my number ones.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #85 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed a HUGE difference after burning in my x10's. The bass gets alot better too. I really like my x10's, especially for my first IEM. Until I go the custom route, these things are gonna me my number ones.

Yep I burned them in for 3 days, maybe that helped, but with the tips they came with the SQ was bad. The Sony Hybrid really refined them. Damn Lenny Kravitz, Jane Monheit and Joss Stone sound amazing.
icon10.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #86 of 100
Man I love these! Can't say anything negative, they are a pleasure with all gens of music. Anyone else?

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #88 of 100
Jan 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #89 of 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back