Image X10 (re) appreciation thread
Jun 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #46 of 100
I have to betray my committment to not post in appreciation threads, all because of this IEM.
biggrin.gif

Best looks in a IEM ever, delicious tactile feeling and great materials used on the earpieces, although the cable doesn't feel nearly as expensive. Nice tonality although they lack some detail and speed, very lively soundstage, and an overall pleasant experience with them. Unfortunately for me I couldn't place any foam tips on them, they just wouldn't work with this IEM, but the provided silicon tips worked pretty well (which rarely happens when I use silicon tips).

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #47 of 100
Excuse the dumb question, but... where is the serial number for registering to get the ear gels??
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #48 of 100
There's no serial number for them apparently.

I left it blank and it worked anyway. I think only speakers have a serial number.

As for the topic, I just got my new order of Complys, and once again I am in love. I can't stop listening to them, even when I'm home.

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #49 of 100
Thanks GosuEric
smily_headphones1.gif

Now registered.

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #51 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
antony - strange you couldn't use foam tips....did you try comply T series?

The T-100 and T-400 both work. The T-100 fits on the proper sound tube, and the T-400 fits on the outer frame.

Jun 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #54 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DontMakeMEEatU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the people who own the X10, how are the microphonics? Does the cable make a lot of noise when you move around?

I think it depends a lot on the tips you use. There have been people on here that have had major complaints about microphonics, and have even switched earphones because of it. I did have lots of microphonics with the gel tips, less with the complys, and even less with custom tips. It's also a matter of keeping the cord from getting twisted, and using the shirt clip if needed.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #55 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, not with me at least. They come with a little detachable clip that you can slide onto your cables to clip on your shirt.

That's curious, I must have missed the shirt clip in the packaging when I got mine. Maybe Amy has a spare!

If I put the cable behind my back and my rig (1st G nano and Xin Supermicro) in my pocket, I get little to no microphonics using gels.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #58 of 100
Maybe I should have phrased it differently then. Does the X10's cable make a lot of noise when you move around? I have the SF5vi right now and just moving my head or having the cable rub against my shirt makes A LOT of noise, easily drowning out the music. I'm just wondering if the X10 makes or doesn't make that much noise.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #59 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DontMakeMEEatU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should have phrased it differently then. Does the X10's cable make a lot of noise when you move around? I have the SF5vi right now and just moving my head or having the cable rub against my shirt makes A LOT of noise, easily drowning out the music. I'm just wondering if the X10 makes or doesn't make that much noise.

it does make noise, but not to the extent that it drowns out the noise. if i am walking with music playing, i do not hear the microphonics. its only when i pause, do the microphonics present themselves.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #60 of 100
Just spent a little time with these relative to a number of other IEMs (including the W3 and UM3X) and found them to be very impressive - they were the only IEMs I really liked besides my Etys - very involving and a nice dose of bass. Kudos to Klipsch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back