IM716 for $49 on Dec 3rd, buy.com
Dec 16, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #182 of 201
Yeah, buy.com sure NEED to buck up.

Mine was shipped by buy on the 8th and below is the info from the tracking by UPS/USPS. The delievery address is Portland, OR.

Dec 11 2007 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Paulsboro, NJ
Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Paulsboro, NJ
Dec 12 2007 Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA
Dec 13 2007 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA
Dec 13 2007 Manifested (Postage Paid)

Delivery Confirmation Information

Delivery Confirmation Number: 9102038675356506878157
Date/Time Event Name Location
Dec 13 2007 06:10PM SHIPMENT ACCEPTANCE FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 13 2007 09:28AM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 15 2007 03:59AM PROCESSED FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 15 2007 04:16AM PROCESSED FEDERAL WAY,WA

I have no idea whats taking so long
mad.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #183 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered from Buy on the 3rd and still haven't got them in.

Ordered mine on the 4th and still not received mine yet either.

Dec 16, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #184 of 201
I just received the IM716 headphones from Buy.com

Unfortunately, the right channel is half the volume of the left channel. Nothing appears wrong with the wires etc. The package was totally sealed. I read some others with a similar problem. Maybe Buy.com has a bad batch.

Anyways, just waiting for the customer service dept at buy.com. Reading the horrible return policy:

All returns must include the following:
4. Original packing slip. Do not mail or dispose of the packing slip (for rebates) until you have examined and tested the product to your satisfaction.

Unfortunately, I threw the packing slip out once I checked the package. I wonder if this will nullify my return...

Also:
Unless otherwise stated below, you have 14 days from the date your product left the warehouse (regardless of when you actually took delivery of the product).

So everyone that hasn't gotten there product yet due to mail problems, I guess you can't return them if they don't work!! I've only been on hold for 30 minutes with customer service. So I decided to call the sales line which picked up in 5 minutes. And then they transferred me back to customer service when I said I needed to "return" something. What's another hour waiting on hold??

Buy.com is a terrible company. This was definately not worth the "deal" for the IM716.

Just for the record, the only other time I ordered something from buy.com, it was defective as well. I think this is the last time I ever order from them.
mad.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #185 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, buy.com sure NEED to buck up.

Mine was shipped by buy on the 8th and below is the info from the tracking by UPS/USPS. The delievery address is Portland, OR.

Dec 11 2007 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Paulsboro, NJ
Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Paulsboro, NJ
Dec 12 2007 Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA
Dec 13 2007 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA
Dec 13 2007 Manifested (Postage Paid)

Delivery Confirmation Information

Delivery Confirmation Number: 9102038675356506878157
Date/Time Event Name Location
Dec 13 2007 06:10PM SHIPMENT ACCEPTANCE FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 13 2007 09:28AM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 15 2007 03:59AM PROCESSED FEDERAL WAY,WA
Dec 15 2007 04:16AM PROCESSED FEDERAL WAY,WA

I have no idea whats taking so long
mad.gif

DUDE IM IN YOUR BOAT

mine has been shipped back and forth between new jersey and connecticut, every day it they ship it across new york to the other state. I LIVE IN NEW YORK PEOPLE! STOP GOING PAST ME. tracking show after 3 days of moving around UPS dropped it off in CT to have USPS deliver it locally...

and the NEXT DAY??? -------> the package is back in NJ!!!!!
what is going on? damn, i should i paid that stupid $5 shipping, damn damn damn

[ i know buy.com does this just to guarentee you pay that shipping free the next time u order, this is their punishment for making them ship for free]

my amazon free shipping PX100 got here in 2 days somehow, dont ask me how.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #187 of 201
Even though they are new, it could be a bad filter. Worth taking the one that is bad out, and see if the sound is balanced. You can replace the filters, but they cost $15 for 5 pair from Ety (ER8 filters).

Or, you can just clean out the filter and use some foam inside the filter barrel, a mode some had done rather than pay for new filters. Just a suggestion. If it doesn't work, you can still return them for another pair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeHeadphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received the IM716 headphones from Buy.com

Unfortunately, the right channel is half the volume of the left channel. Nothing appears wrong with the wires etc. The package was totally sealed. I read some others with a similar problem. Maybe Buy.com has a bad batch.

Anyways, just waiting for the customer service dept at buy.com. Reading the horrible return policy:

All returns must include the following:
4. Original packing slip. Do not mail or dispose of the packing slip (for rebates) until you have examined and tested the product to your satisfaction.

Unfortunately, I threw the packing slip out once I checked the package. I wonder if this will nullify my return...

Also:
Unless otherwise stated below, you have 14 days from the date your product left the warehouse (regardless of when you actually took delivery of the product).

So everyone that hasn't gotten there product yet due to mail problems, I guess you can't return them if they don't work!! I've only been on hold for 30 minutes with customer service. So I decided to call the sales line which picked up in 5 minutes. And then they transferred me back to customer service when I said I needed to "return" something. What's another hour waiting on hold??

Buy.com is a terrible company. This was definately not worth the "deal" for the IM716.

Just for the record, the only other time I ordered something from buy.com, it was defective as well. I think this is the last time I ever order from them.
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #192 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DUDE IM IN YOUR BOAT

mine has been shipped back and forth between new jersey and connecticut, every day it they ship it across new york to the other state. I LIVE IN NEW YORK PEOPLE! STOP GOING PAST ME. tracking show after 3 days of moving around UPS dropped it off in CT to have USPS deliver it locally...

and the NEXT DAY??? -------> the package is back in NJ!!!!!
what is going on? damn, i should i paid that stupid $5 shipping, damn damn damn

[ i know buy.com does this just to guarentee you pay that shipping free the next time u order, this is their punishment for making them ship for free]

my amazon free shipping PX100 got here in 2 days somehow, dont ask me how.

Yeah yeah yeah!!

God knows what do they benefit from sending the package around and its ridiculous processing time!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nothing have changed since the last time I have posted about the tracking info
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #193 of 201
I ordered mine from buy.com on 12/3 and just now got them. It will be fun comparing them against my ER6i and E2C over the next few days.

Dec 17, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #194 of 201
they're here

how many people are using the stock tips (ewww)
they are so sticky.
anybody have different tips they'd like to send me???

ps~ can you mod these tips by 1 layer off? which one? the smallest one or the largest one?

THESE ARE NOT AS UNBASSY AS I THOUGHT (w amp)
and yes, an ipod can power them straight, but i only did it for a few seconds, so i dont know if the sq suffers. i'm on the HD mode btw, not the BASS.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #195 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they're here

how many people are using the stock tips (ewww)
they are so sticky.
anybody have different tips they'd like to send me???

ps~ can you mod these tips by 1 layer off? which one? the smallest one or the largest one?

THESE ARE NOT AS UNBASSY AS I THOUGHT (w amp)
and yes, an ipod can power them straight, but i only did it for a few seconds, so i dont know if the sq suffers. i'm on the HD mode btw, not the BASS.

most of the time, people cut the smallest part of the triflage, thus the term 'biflage' comes into scene. i heard that triflage can get quite uncomfortable, by making them Biflage, they seem better.

by the way, im716 is meant to be mod, a.k.a podoctomy (i think i get the spelling wrong). The bass mode seems like too much, while the HD mode seems like too little for my liking. i wished that it can be somewhere between them

EDIT:: Does anyone get their unit and found out that it's faulty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back