Im not hearing anything special...
Mar 6, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudhole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. There are no magic phones which could make BB King sounding like Pavarotti.
icon10.gif

Any why would you want him to? You could just buy a Pavarotti CD. It would be cheaper.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any why would you want him to? You could just buy a Pavarotti CD. It would be cheaper.

Pavarotti couldn't play guitar.
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by fghtffyrobesity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today I recieved my Denon D1001s in the mail. The was excited and couldn't get through the packaging fast enough. I put them on and was quite impressed with the comfort. I plugged them into my iPod and was expected to be blown away but I wasn't
frown.gif
. They didn't seem like there was anything overly speical. Things seem a little bit clearer and I can pick up a few more details in songs that I didn't hear before.

Will things improve with burn in (only 3 hours of music and 6 hours of white noise so far) or did I just hype myself up over the months of research?

It only gets worse with diminishing returns, so if you expect a $250 can to be blowing away the D1001, you may be disappointed again. Not everyone appreciates headphones same as way as a lot of the Head-Fiers. No sweat, you saved yourself bundle if you want to have a positive view, sell it and spend your money on something else? Or keep em and sell the Skullcandy.

I think problem is that they are both closed. I used to have the Denon AHD-550 and I didn't hear much difference than the D2000. Usually have to spend more for Closed than Air to get that amazing sound, just with acoustics, closed harder to design I believe. That's why the top headphones from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics are all Open Air. Even from Audio Technica. Audio Technica closed that are expensive are mostly due to materials used and being limited edition.

If you want something very different from the Skullcandy, sell the Denon and try the AD700 from Audio Technica, that will wow you with some differences. Not saying you will like the sound, but you will definitely say, wow, now that is different.

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It only gets worse with diminishing returns, so if you expect a $250 can to be blowing away the D1001, you may be disappointed again. Not everyone appreciates headphones same as way as a lot of the Head-Fiers. No sweat, you saved yourself bundle if you want to have a positive view, sell it and spend your money on something else? Or keep em and sell the Skullcandy.

I think problem is that they are both closed. I used to have the Denon AHD-550 and I didn't hear much difference than the D2000. Usually have to spend more for Closed than Air to get that amazing sound, just with acoustics, closed harder to design I believe. That's why the top headphones from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics are all Open Air. Even from Audio Technica. Audio Technica closed that are expensive are mostly due to materials used and being limited edition.

If you want something very different from the Skullcandy, sell the Denon and try the AD700 from Audio Technica, that will wow you with some differences. Not saying you will like the sound, but you will definitely say, wow, now that is different.

One of the first headphones I looked at the was AD700, but after seeing how big the cups were, I decided that wasn't for me. And I would be using them in class and I'm pretty sure everyone wouldn't want to hear my music

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they will get better, but i urge you to A/B between your ipod and your computer sound card, no matter what it is. the added power adds a lot to the sound.

I'm doing this right now and the bass is tons better. Not quite as much as I was wanting, but twice as good as it was with my iPod. Thanks for this suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back