I'm looking into the T1's or the ED 8's (or 9's if anyone has experience with them) Need Help Choosing
Jun 16, 2010 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Blasto_Brandino

Has changed names to BattleBrat
Now, At home, I don't really use headphones because I started with speakers, and am buying headphones in order to take my music on the move.
Does anyone have any experience powering the T1's with a portable amp? The ED8's? Or 9's?
Portable is a must! I listen to Alternative Rock, Electronic, Industrial, Trance, Classical, esp. Opera, Folk, Jazz, Blues, Reggae
I already have the HD800's but I need something noisy environment friendly. Are the T1's closed?
Thank you!
Brandon

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 10
Then the ED8's are the only option as they are designed to be portable, they are extremely easy to drive and have good isolation.  

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 10
I wouldn't say that the Ultrasones are the only option.  I listened to both out of a portable amp and found the T1s reached quite excessive volume levels effortlessly.  I'm not an S-Logic fan (sounds artificial to my ears) and thus preferred the Beyers. 
If I had money to burn I would have no issue using the T1s as a portable. 

Good luck!

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 10
The Ultrasones are designed to be portable. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 10
T1 aren´t fully closed. The T1 is big and heavy with a python as a cable. It doesn´t isolate that well and tend to move on your head if you tilt it to much.
Could use the T1 at your office if you have understanding collegues perhaps :)

I am a big S-logic fan. It sounds more natural then the T1s representation to my ears. Though the ED 8 is a bit to closed to fully take advantage of that.

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 10
Whatever headphones are chosen, the cable will be replaced with a Markl Adrenaline cable, which is flexible.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 10
I don't think the T1's are suitable for portable use. They're just too bulky. Besides, they are open so people around you can enjoy the music just as much as you do.

Like the others said, the ED8's are designed for portable use. They are closed and much easier to drive.

I have no experience with the T1 myself tbh, but i doubt a portable amp will drive them to their maximum potential.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Well my amp is a Lisa III Xp, but if I was using it transportable I'd use the HD800's
I'm looking for something more for walking around

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 10
JH-13 pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back