I'm just sad...
May 12, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #31 of 64
"OPEN cans because you need to be able to hear baby crying etc."

Good point ... with a child in the house, one can't afford to tune completely out. (Just let your wife know your rationale, so she'll know you're on board as a participant in the experience ... oh, and start catching up on your sleep!)

Edit: Are you archiving your ripped tracks, as a hedge against the X5's eventual demise?

May 12, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #32 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Are you archiving your ripped tracks, as a hedge against the X5's eventual demise?

If you mean the NAS/Raid5, I have not done any backup yet. I almost bought an extra drive to leave in the house in case of drive failure, but decided that if a drive fail, I just stop the system, go buy a new drive to swap in -- which will be bigger/cheaper. I probably should do copy to an external drive for backup, but I don't have a independent USB drive that is big enough right now. (I have 400+G worth of music and videos stored).

May 12, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #33 of 64
I've heard vasectomys are cheaper than babies and don't interfere with your hobbies
wink.gif

j/k congrats on the addition
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #34 of 64
Grats on your baby...but sad for your head-fi. What Sony Hi-MD do you have?

+1 for you to rip your CD's to FLAC. that way you can at least enjoy them on your PC or burn them to CD-R later. you can also transcode them to mp3 for portable use.

May 12, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #35 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What Sony Hi-MD do you have?

It's an MZ-NH900 - I just listed it for sale on the minidisc community forum here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=19097

PM me if you want it. THanks.

May 12, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #37 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by alrose312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off the top of my head - I have every vinyl output from Sterolab, Yo la Tengo, The Decemberists, Mogwai, and a BUNCH of other similar Indie stuff. I have way too many CD's to count - but also alot of Indie rock stuff.

Nice, you've got good taste in music...
Congrats also on the new arrival and sorry for your sadness...

May 14, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #39 of 64
Thank you all for the kind words!

My apologies for not getting back to those interested in buying my CDs/LPs...I've decided to sell off my equipement first and hold on to the music as long as I can (it's easier to replace the gear than the music).

May 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by alrose312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off the top of my head - I have every vinyl output from Sterolab, Yo la Tengo, The Decemberists, Mogwai, and a BUNCH of other similar Indie stuff. I have way too many CD's to count - but also alot of Indie rock stuff.

I'm listening! Would you mind PMing me your list of CDs?

Good luck with the baby. I have no doubt that the joy of seeing your child grow up will be infinitely better than any eargasm you could possibly have!

May 15, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #43 of 64
Yea, its no fun having to sell things you love. But you are making the right choice, anyway think how much fun you'll have when you're back in the buying mode again.

If there is any way you can keep a set of phones they would get a lot of use when you're up doing those late night feedings and changes.....

May 16, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #44 of 64
52 posts...I'm official and ready to sell my stuff...look out for me in the for sale section...

Baby needs a new pair of shoes....literally!

Jul 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #45 of 64
Hi Guys - Just wanted to give everyone an update on my situation. I sold some of my gear, but not all of it...which I'm thankful for not doing because I recently scored a much better job at about double the salary....and we just had our baby 5 days ago and all is well. Now I can look forward to passing on my decent audio set-up to my son when he comes of age.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement/advise/support. Now the challenge is to stay within my newly acquired budget without getting into the same situation as before.

(PS - I already ordered a CD Player to replace the NAD CDP I sold - but I only spent about half on this one...he CAN be taught!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back