I'm just sad...
May 11, 2007 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

alrose312

100+ Head-Fier
Alas, I will be selling all my audio equipment very soon (I over-extended myself). I only have 33 posts here, so I think I need 17 more to sell. Once I'm official I will be getting rid of my HD580s, my Grado SR60s, my PSB speakers, my Onkyo receiver, my stanton turntable, my NAD cd player, and my entire vinyl and cd collection. All of the equipment was bought within the last year, so I kind of bit off more than I could chew.

After this is done, I suppose I'll feel liberated, but right now I'm just sad.

Anyone else have to go through this before?

May 11, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 64
any particular reason why you need to do so?

May 11, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 64
Head-Fi is a cruel mistress. The allure is intoxicating and sweet but her sting is painful. You will recover only to look back ever so fondly with a longing to experience it again and again. Once a Head-Fi, always a Head-Fi.
eggosmile.gif

May 11, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 64
"any particular reason why you need to do so?"

My wife and I are expecting a baby in two months and my wife is going crazy because we still need a bunch of stuff for the baby (furniture, stroller, etc, etc). I'm excited for the baby, but bummed about losing my hobby which I really enjoy.

May 11, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 64
You're making the right choice! Family first! Think about it,when you're ready to jump back in they'll be plent o' new toys!!!

btw, I get first dibs on the NAD!!!!
biggrin.gif

Grats on the new arrival!

May 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpe_91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't you even keep a pair of cans? Poor you!
frown.gif

I'm keeping my PX100s. they sound great with my iaudio X5 (which I'm NOT getting rid of).

Oh yeah, I'm also getting rid of my Sony Hi-MD recorder. When all is said and done, it amounts to over $3,000 worth of stuff....

May 11, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #9 of 64
yup..family comes first...glad you made that right choice.. Head-fi is the greatest online community..You'll have an easy time selling your gears..

Good luck

May 11, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 64
gimme a linup of your vinyl maybe?
biggrin.gif

CD's too.

i had to go through this with my computer hobby.
i had like 30+ systems all set up and running. none of them under $1500, i lost a job and had to survive. D:

i miss my beowulf cluser :[

May 11, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gimme a linup of your vinyl maybe?
biggrin.gif

CD's too.[

Off the top of my head - I have every vinyl output from Sterolab, Yo la Tengo, The Decemberists, Mogwai, and a BUNCH of other similar Indie stuff. I have way too many CD's to count - but also alot of Indie rock stuff.

It hurts just to talk about it.
frown.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 64
Congrats on the pending arrival!!! Kids are great! They suck the life out of you, but they're still great! My wife and I waited until we were in our 30s so we would be more financially secure and so she could stay home with the kids which is the only reason I can have this as a hobby now. Chin up...before long, you will be able to pick this hobby back up!
icon10.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im in the market for some radiohead CD's if youve got em?

Yup - I have the last few Radiohead albums on CD. After I get home tonight (and after a good cry) I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back