I'm itching for Sony MDR V6 and 7506... is it worth trading my Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 (IEM) for 2 headphones?
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheBoss

100+ Head-Fier
I don't have that much disposable income these days... but as much as I dig the sound of UE Triple fi 10 I'm thinking about getting back to Sony MDR 7506 (sold mine 3.5 yrs ago for UE TF-10), and would also like to own a Sony MDR V6.  I intend to use the Sony V6 to listen to music and use 7506 to listen to dialogue based formats (TV shows and lecture videos).

Another headphone I have in my mind is the Japan-only exclusive Sony MDR CD 900ST... but I doubt a head-fi-er has one and portable use is out of the question.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I don't have that much disposable income these days... but as much as I dig the sound of UE Triple fi 10 I'm thinking about getting back to Sony MDR 7506 (sold mine 3.5 yrs ago for UE TF-10), and would also like to own a Sony MDR V6.  I intend to use the Sony V6 to listen to music and use 7506 to listen to dialogue based formats (TV shows and lecture videos).

Another headphone I have in my mind is the Japan-only exclusive Sony MDR CD 900ST... but I doubt a head-fi-er has one and portable use is out of the question.

OK ... but the V6 and 7506 are functionally identical except for the gold plug and the price.
wink.gif

The V6 can be had for $65-$75.  I'm not sure I would take the drastic step of trading in your UE's for that.  Just save up a bit and buy them.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 4
OK ... but the V6 and 7506 are functionally identical except for the gold plug and the price.
wink.gif

The V6 can be had for $65-$75.  I'm not sure I would take the drastic step of trading in your UE's for that.  Just save up a bit and buy them.

Their sound "signature" may be the same at glance, but I read from multiple reviews that the V6 and 7506 have minor differences in function. In short: - V6 is mostly tuned for music and has common grounding for left/right channels ... that's why it has mellow treble and defined and deeper bass compared to 7506. - 7506 is mostly tuned with a bit of a bump somewhere in the mids for better live sound tracking and listening to dialogue. Left/right channel grounding is individual and separate for true channel isolation.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Their sound "signature" may be the same at glance, but I read from multiple reviews that the V6 and 7506 have minor differences in function. In short:- V6 is mostly tuned for music and has common grounding for left/right channels ... that's why it has mellow treble and defined and deeper bass compared to 7506.- 7506 is mostly tuned with a bit of a bump somewhere in the mids for better live sound tracking and listening to dialogue. Left/right channel grounding is individual and separate for true channel isolation.

Yeah, I suppose the gold plug could make that kind of difference ...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back