I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Jan 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #196 of 408
Quote:
Hello. Help me choose. :D

I listen to all kind of music, mainly rock, pop, metal, instrumental, these bands ---> Avantasia, Demons & Wizards, Blind Guardian, Orphaned Land, Katatonia, Samael, Edguy, Therion, Kamelot, Enya, Ryan Farish, Gregorian, Vangelis, Casting Crowns, 30 Seconds To Mars, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Status Quo, Andrea Bocelli, Vivaldi, electronic like Pretty Lights and Daft Punk, some Jpop. Priority is rock, metal, pop. Also I am hearing impaired person so I don't hear highs, at least 9khz+. I will also buy Fiio E6.

Which is better of these two for this kind of music? Is there much difference in sound quality? GR02 I can buy for 36$ and GR04 for 53$.

Vsonic GR02 Bass
Vsonic GR04 Flagship

GR02 Bass for those those types unless you do not like Bass.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #197 of 408
Well, I listen to a lot of the same music, so I have to say Gr04 flagship unless you don't like male vocals, guitars and drums. mainly if you

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #198 of 408
Quote:
I am quite confused. I know how we perceive sound quality is subjective but joker is a reputable reviewer and according to him, the GR06s are superior to GR02 bass editions. I am just curious as to why such a significant amount of people are preferring the sound of the 02s over the 06s.

Also, I've also read that 04s are superior to the 06s so I would like to know how the 04s compare to the 02s.

In my opinion, the GR02/06 is a great IEM. But it has a different sound signature so it's all about personal preferences

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #199 of 408
Guys, did I just buy the wrong ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-GR02-R02-Heavy-Bass-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Silver-Cord-/251126340424

i have haven't I? It's going to be a right hassle returning them now.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #202 of 408
Sorry to reply again however, I'm still confused to whether these are the correct ones.

I'm only interested in the sound quality being the same, I don't mind the accessories that come with it however.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #203 of 408
Quote:
Sorry to reply again however, I'm still confused to whether these are the correct ones.
I'm only interested in the sound quality being the same, I don't mind the accessories that come with it however.

The picture with the GR02 box included in the auction you bought from seems to indicate that yes it is the Bass Edition version.. On page 6 in this thread ClieOS explains what the Chinese characters under GR02 on the box means. The box in the auction you bought from looks to have the same writing as what ClieOS posted so it looks like you bought the correct set. The Chinese characters in the brackets under GR02 means "bass enhanced edition". Just check the box when they arrive and compare with the picture posted by ClieOS in post #80 on page 6 of this thread here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/609397/im-done-vsonic-gr02-bass-edition-vs-gr06/75#post_8674030

As for the accessories included the quote below is what ClieOS also said earlier in this thread about that..
smile.gif
  BTW I had the leather pouch included with my GR02 Bass Editions bought from lendmeurears about 4 months ago.

Quote:
ClieOS wrote...
There was a reversion of GR02 model back in June. They lower the price and include much less accessories. Some of you who get the new reversion might notice that, but it doesn't mean it is not legit. If you are still getting a lot of accessories on your new GR02, it is from the old stock. However, the sound is still the same before and after reversion.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #205 of 408
I have managed to get my hands on a Fiio E06/E6 and I would like to know just how well it will improve the sound coming from the GR04 or really any earphone needing a bit more juice. I would like to know because I am using the amp with my GR99 with an impedance of 24 ohms and I cannot distinguish a major difference. I know amps won't do much for these earphones so how would an earphone with a higher impedance like 50 ohms (like the GR04) benefit?

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #206 of 408
My e6 ran out of juice last night while listening to my x10s, plugged them right into the phone instead and the sound was much less clear, highs were much worse, overall sound was muddy, gone was the crispness and detail.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #209 of 408
Hi.

I have bought a GR02 Bass and I'm starting to think that they are the GR02 version... without bass.

Any way of knowing if I have the gr02 bass?

Thanks in advance.

I buy it from ebay seller lendmeurears

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #210 of 408
Post a picture of the front of the box but that seller is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back