I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Oct 5, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #406 of 408
And....New. :)
My fresh new pair of GR02BE have arrived from that great company, lendmeurears in Singapore.
The design, as has been noted previously, has a new "snakeskin" designed sheath over the (thinner?) cables with a new y-split. Incidentally, the tips now come in a wide range of violenty bright colours, orange through red, yellow, even the hybrid tips (always a welcome addition) are coloured. Frankly they look cheap and nasty compared with the original set. But comfort is the same. Packaging is the new black box with clear cover.
And..they sound different! Out of the box, a-b'ing with my old pair they are brighter and lack some bass punch. :frowning2: Now, my old pair are 5/6 years old and have clocked up insane hours, with worsening driver flex :frowning2: causing me some concern. Got the new in as I type, and yes a touch brighter but, in the way that I love these, never crossing the unacceptable line into sibilance. I hate sibilance! But I'm hoping a day or so of use will provide more *bass*. I don't believe in burn-in at all, so I may be wishing in vain.
Anyway, today I retire my old pair, and will use the new ones whilst the warranty is active, then swap them around. Hmm, I think I need another pair..you know, just in case. :) :)
I went to Jaben at the weekend to try alternatives, and nothing anywhere close in price sounded as good as these..not even close.
My favourites, for sure.
Edit: a few hours later, still brighter than my old ones but :frowning2: they broke when changing tips! The shell of the right hand side just popped off. Time to test my DIY skills..:wink:

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #408 of 408
Can anybody recommend a set of over the ear headphones that have the same type of signature that the GR02 Bass Edition have?
I want a set of headphones that has the fast, deep, and controlled bass impact that the GR02's have. I recently picked up a set of ISK HP-2011 headphones and find they are slightly lacking in the low end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back