I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #138 of 408
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-256-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-20-r-30-added-09-29-12/7905 Well, I described the meelec bi-flange tips here but the pic isn't very clear. You can go for the gr02 again but if you have the extra money and don't mind over-the-ear iems then I recommend the gr04 flagship edition.

I actually have just the right amount for the GR04 and I was even thinking of getting a pair...but I just don't know about them that much....they aren't mentioned in these forums as much as the R02's, GR06's or GR07's...

However, I can have them delivered to the place I'm staying at in Shanghai for what maybe $31 USD....the price alone seems tempting 
blink.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #139 of 408
Well, the gr04 flagship didn't reaally get popular here probably because of the version and naming confusion. Originally its price was close to that of the gr07 and a lot of people just jumped on the gr07.  Also, a lot of people were confused about the naming and assumed the gr06 is better because it is a higher number closer to the gr07. Add to that a couple of different versions of the gr04 and people not being sure, which one they're buying and you get my point. But as vsonic are discontinuing it the price fell and it really became a good deal. I liked it a lot more than the gr02 and the gr06. It is slightly mid-forward and behind on the extension compared to my gr07 but I still like it a lot.  One think you can use to tell the flagship apart from the other versions is that it has 50ohms impedance. I got mine from lendmeurears, so that I can be sure it's the flagship. I don't know the local sellers in Asia but if you are sure you are getting the flagship version then it's an awesome deal but even for 50 bucks it's an awesome deal.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #140 of 408
Quote:
Well, the gr04 flagship didn't reaally get popular here probably because of the version and naming confusion. Originally its price was close to that of the gr07 and a lot of people just jumped on the gr07.  Also, a lot of people were confused about the naming and assumed the gr06 is better because it is a higher number closer to the gr07. Add to that a couple of different versions of the gr04 and people not being sure, which one they're buying and you get my point. But as vsonic are discontinuing it the price fell and it really became a good deal. I liked it a lot more than the gr02 and the gr06. It is slightly mid-forward and behind on the extension compared to my gr07 but I still like it a lot.  One think you can use to tell the flagship apart from the other versions is that it has 50ohms impedance. I got mine from lendmeurears, so that I can be sure it's the flagship. I don't know the local sellers in Asia but if you are sure you are getting the flagship version then it's an awesome deal but even for 50 bucks it's an awesome deal.

Ahhhh yes, on taobao only the "luxury" edition is 199RMB (~30USD) but the Classic Flagship is 339 RMB (~55USD)

Haha it was too good to be true :p
But compared to the GR06, which is better?

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #142 of 408
Quote:
For me the gr04 is the better one - tighter and more controlled bass and slighly less forward and not as warm mids.

Ok. Yeah, I like slightly bit emphasized tight-ish bass, my major requirement in iEM's :p

Uh, does it require an amp? I don't have one at the moment, but I was thinking of buying maybe a Fiio E6 (suits my price range)

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #143 of 408
Well, it depends on your source. I don't have an e6 now but it pairs pretty good with my e11 but I guess an e6 should be fine

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #146 of 408
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-ProII-Silver-Cable-Flagship-Edition-Low-Frequency-IEM-Earphone-/380376622782?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D2448719909099667032%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D170836646794%26

Bigbargainonline - he was recommended by the original posters in this thread.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #147 of 408
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #149 of 408
Quote:

Totally agree! It's a shame GR04 flagship aren't popular as GR06.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #150 of 408
Quote:
Yeah, the bass edition doesn't have a serial number.
@MyCsPiTTa    
They are a legit Gr02 for sure - there aren't any fakes of it as far as I know. 

Just got my pair from a friend who picked them up at the display space rented by lendmeurears in Singapore. The box has 16-digit code on a scratch-off sticker.

I scratched off the sticker and went to http://www.yesno.com.cn/Customer/fac9107/Auth.asp via the second in the topmost row of links at http://vsonic.com/
Entered the 16-digit code and the captcha code and got the message "[size=small]感谢您购买 威索尼可电子(深圳)有限公司的正宗产品。"[/size] which means "Thank you for buying an authentic product from VSONIC (Shenzhen)".

There were two packs of ear tips supplied, in addition of the 6 visible from the front of the packaging and the two double-flange ones pre-installed. Had a bit of driver flex... so over to Comply foam tips. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back