I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Sep 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #121 of 408
Quote:
Does that affect sound quality between the two in anyway..?

Quote:
There was a reversion of GR02 model back in June. They lower the price and include much less accessories. Some of you who get the new reversion might notice that, but it doesn't mean it is not legit. If you are still getting a lot of accessories on your new GR02, it is from the old stock. However, the sound is still the same before and after reversion.

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #122 of 408
I see from one of the eBay links above, if you look closely, it looks like the metal part of the drivers have a serial number etched into them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-Pro-R02proII-Heavy-Bass-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-For-MP3-MP4-/221123815870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337c01a9be

I remember reading a review of the old model of these IEMs (R02s?) that the drivers are matched and have the serial number on them. And I asked a question in my first pot in this thread, but no-one answered.

My GR02s definitely don't have a serial on them - do anyone elses?
I bought them from bigbargainonline, who seems legit according to many others on this thread.

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #123 of 408
Quote:
I see from one of the eBay links above, if you look closely, it looks like the metal part of the drivers have a serial number etched into them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-Pro-R02proII-Heavy-Bass-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-For-MP3-MP4-/221123815870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337c01a9be

I remember reading a review of the old model of these IEMs (R02s?) that the drivers are matched and have the serial number on them. And I asked a question in my first pot in this thread, but no-one answered.

My GR02s definitely don't have a serial on them - do anyone elses?
I bought them from bigbargainonline, who seems legit according to many others on this thread.

My GR02 Bass Edition doesn't have a serial on them either.. I bought mine from Lend Me Ur ears a couple months ago.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #124 of 408
Yeah, the bass edition doesn't have a serial number.
@MyCsPiTTa    
They are a legit Gr02 for sure - there aren't any fakes of it as far as I know. I have to disagree with your opinion on the gr02. The gr02's cable is a pretty standart length for an iem just the marshmallows have a shorter than usual cable. It's also probably the lightest good quality cable in the sub-$100 category. As far as sound quality goes the marshmallows just can't touch gr02 - the jvc lacks the extension, the control, the clarity and the detail of the vsonic. There just aren't many iems in this price range that have this amount of bass and this clarity in the mids and on top of that almost spot-on treble, which the gr02 have. I agree that the gr02 isn't for everyone because of its thinner note presentation and the V-shaped signature, so it may not be for you, especially if you like more upfront vocals and ticker sound but just because you prefer more the signature of your cheaper iems does not mean the the gr02 isn't good. Actually, it's on a completely different level.

edit: you can also try different tips with it. I liked it the most with decored olives - you get more bass, fuller sound and slightly smoother highs.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #126 of 408
Quote:
edit: you can also try different tips with it. I liked it the most with decored olives - you get more bass, fuller sound and slightly smoother highs.

Yeah, I wish mine had come with more than the 3 tip pairs. Maybe I'll buy another pair with more accessories, or try to find some tips separately. I realise tips make a big difference, though there is obviously a large degree of subjectivity in what sounds better.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #127 of 408
Quote:

Yeah, I wish mine had come with more than the 3 tip pairs. Maybe I'll buy another pair with more accessories, or try to find some tips separately. I realise tips make a big difference, though there is obviously a large degree of subjectivity in what sounds better.

Yours came with only 3 pairs of tips? Did you get the J plug one or the L plug one ?

Sent from my HTC Desire V using Tapatalk 2

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #129 of 408
What I mean is that its mids are dry and slightly cold to boost the clarity while, for instance, the sennheiser px100-II is thick and lush sounding, which makes it sound veiled in comparison. The marshmallows are also full and smooth sounding and I haven't heard the rx700. That's why the gr02 is kinda different because usually in headphones with this amount of bass the mids get colored by the bass and are warmer and smoother but the Gr02's mids remain and pretty detailer and clean. I would say that it is probably safer for people, who don't know what they want from the sound of their headphones, to go for something warmer and smoother. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #130 of 408
Quote:
Just purchased the GR02 bass edition from lendmeurears,came out to around $38. I'll post my initial reaction to them when i get them in the mail, which should be in a week or 2

So just received them a couple of days ago, and I'm very impressed. They're everything ppl have described them to be, although when I first listened to them, the mids were very recessed. But some burn-in seemed to help with that issue.

Ive just got one question, I'm trying to test the other ear pieces on these but they won't fit. The plastic, colored bit that is supossed to fit on the earbuds appear to be much too small and the material is much too rigid to stretch around the earbud insertion. Anyone else having any issues like this?

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #131 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy link

Just purchased the GR02 bass edition from lendmeurears,came out to around $38. I'll post my initial reaction to them when i get them in the mail, which should be in a week or 2

So just received them a couple of days ago, and I'm very impressed. They're everything ppl have described them to be, although when I first listened to them, the mids were very recessed. But some burn-in seemed to help with that issue.

Ive just got one question, I'm trying to test the other ear pieces on these but they won't fit. The plastic, colored bit that is supossed to fit on the earbuds appear to be much too small and the material is much too rigid to stretch around the earbud insertion. Anyone else having any issues like this?

Don't worry I ran into that same issue. Thing is they are very sturdy and designed like that to make sure they don't get taken off for a random reason. They do stretch a bit, you just have to use some force (don't worry you won't break it). There's a certain way I did it, but I really can't describe it in text. Maybe once I get home, I will take some pictures and put them up here as a tutorial...

Sent from my Nintendo 64 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #132 of 408
ReDDs3D: Mine have the L plug, with only 3 black pairs of tips. I've read somewhere else in this thread they just changed their design and packaging at some stage. Would rather have the bigger variety though.

Also, I once had the cable catch on something and pull the phones from my ear with enough force to pull the black tip off. So, I wouldn't say they are extremely difficult to remove or put on.

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #133 of 408
Quote:
ReDDs3D: Mine have the L plug, with only 3 black pairs of tips. I've read somewhere else in this thread they just changed their design and packaging at some stage. Would rather have the bigger variety though.

Also, I once had the cable catch on something and pull the phones from my ear with enough force to pull the black tip off. So, I wouldn't say they are extremely difficult to remove or put on.

Ohhhh black tip.....
and that's weird, because my L plugs came with dozens of tips :O (but I did buy them directly in china.....could differ from retailer to retailer, I guess)
basshead.gif

I thought you meant the colored tip....
Those IMO are a pain in the a** to put on, but once they are on, they're incredibly sturdy (I'm using the light blue colored tup w/ foam hybrid tips...IMO they bring the best warmth so I just use them...)

And speaking of tips (if anyone finds this useful...) I came home and tried a bunch of tips today and I'm just posting my results:

Stock double flange: OK isolation and mostly warm SQ with bass, highs and mids pretty equal. 
Black "open" tips: No isolation (in all sizes): mediocre quality compared to others, and don't stay in my ears (all sizes 
confused_face(1).gif
)
Black Olive Silicon tips (non hybrid): OK isolation, incredibly warm SQ (mostly balanced with slight emphasis on bass)
Black Olive Silicon tips (Hybrid w/ foam sony copy ): Almost the same as non foam, except slightly tangier and tighter bass (works best for all genres IMO 
beyersmile.png
) [[Recommended]]

Meelec single flange tips: Ok isolation, Ok SQ compared to the others
Meelec double flange: Pretty much the same as stock double flange except they are more comfortable in my ears and offer better isolation [[Recommended]]
Meelec triple flange: Amazing isolation (it feels like the music is playing in my head :O), but at the cost of a somewhat neutral sound (no emphasis on anything, but music does not sound flat either...

Songs tested:
It Could Be Sweet - Portishead (for bass)
Angel - Massive Attack (for bass)
Paranoid Android - Radiohead (for balance)
Doomsday Afternoon - Phideaux (for balance)
Heroes - David Bowie (for mids)
Space Oddity - David Bowie (for testing uncompressed/non-remasterd classics)
Echoes - Pink Floyd (....for being....echoes)
gs1000.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #134 of 408
Yeah, the meelec bi-flange tips were the best silicone tips for me but as I mentioned in another thread they came in two different versions - old and new ones and one of the versions wea really bad for me. And just a slight correction - olives are the shure foam tips. The silicone tips with colored cores that come with the gr02 are sony hybrid clones.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #135 of 408
Quote:
Yeah, the meelec bi-flange tips were the best silicone tips for me but as I mentioned in another thread they came in two different versions - old and new ones and one of the versions wea really bad for me. And just a slight correction - olives are the shure foam tips. The silicone tips with colored cores that come with the gr02 are sony hybrid clones.

Oh sorry about that :frowning2:

I just mentioned olives because they are very olive shaped hahahahahaha I didn't know what else to call them. But I'll correct it right now :)

Oh and how do I know the difference between the old ones and the new ones (whether I have one or the other) O__o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back