I'm bored, so I am posting some photos. DIALUP WARNING
Sep 13, 2004 at 7:45 AM Post #46 of 74
dang those are like twice as old as me
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #48 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr
Congratulations bifcake! Those are some wonderful abstract photos. I love the first one in particular. Any clues as to how you made these shots?

Thanks Stuartr,

All of these are photos of various glass pieces. I used either my Canon F-1N or Mamiya 645 to produce them. All of these were shot with bellows and a reversed 50mm lens. Some of them were done with window light and some were done with a combination of a strobe firing into a small umbrella and tungsten light. It takes about 20-30 mins to set up each shot, but once you got it the way you want it, you can explore the possibilities.

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #49 of 74
Really beautiful those black and white ones, i have myself a digital camera and always liked it but those filmphotos shure look nice and soft!

For those of you who has not seen the northern light i will try to provide a what i think is a good pic of it, but compressing and attatching ( and computers in general) is not my strong side so i don´t know if it will work!

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #50 of 74
Excuse me for what might seem to be a stupid question, but how do one attatch a picture direct in this text? I only found a link-option with a 25 kb limit. Not so fun, and it is nowhere near as good quality as those above even though i made mine 23 kb
frown.gif

If anyone could take his time to answer this i would be very grateful!!!

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #51 of 74
I really like your photos, Stuart. I agree with Grinch -- the coloring on photo 4 in your first post is nothing short of spectacular. The blue is just so crisp and vivid. And the wispy cloud just seems like it's having so much fun. This thread is tempting me to seek out a new camera that can do justice to colors. As far as digitals are concerned, I've only used compact cams, whose tiny lenses leave much to be desired. They always have a lot of barrel distortion, and they are a bit too fuzzy for my tastes.

Here are a couple of my favorites using digital. My inaccessible high school negatives sit in a box in Chicago, unfortunately unscanned and unloved.

vernal_falls.jpg

bee.jpg

The waterfall photo was done without any retouching. It was an "experiment with the settings" deal using the Canon A50 (one of the first 1.2 megapixel ultracompact digitals).

The second photo was done using a Pentax Optio S. I was just testing the macro capabilities as well as the difference in light settings, and the flower petal texturing came out really interestingly.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #52 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazze
Excuse me for what might seem to be a stupid question, but how do one attatch a picture direct in this text? I only found a link-option with a 25 kb limit. Not so fun, and it is nowhere near as good quality as those above even though i made mine 23 kb
frown.gif

If anyone could take his time to answer this i would be very grateful!!!

Frazze -- you need to find a website to host the images at. Once you find them, then either click the little yellow and grey picture button above the place where you type, or write
. Paste the address of the image between the two IMG tags, and it should come up in the text. Please give it a try, as I would love to see a larger version of your picture!

Grinch -- I like that candid a lot. There are a lot of nice things going on without making the image hectic. The glasses on the table, the book in his lap, his posture, him bringing th cup up to his lips...it is all good. I would crop out the garbage can though...

LobsterSan -- thanks for the comments! I really enjoy your photos as well. Particularly the waterfall. I wish I were there right now!

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #53 of 74
Hey Stuart,

I went over your website and you have quite a resume! I enjoyed your photography as well. Especially the black and white images. Whatever made you decide to major in such a specialized segment such as Russo-Japanese relations?

BTW, my friend's wife's grandfather was the admiral who led the Russian fleet on Japan in 1905. Needless to say, he had to swim back. She showed me pictures and it was pretty wild.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #54 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bifcake
Hey Stuart,

I went over your website and you have quite a resume! I enjoyed your photography as well. Especially the black and white images. Whatever made you decide to major in such a specialized segment such as Russo-Japanese relations?

BTW, my friend's wife's grandfather was the admiral who led the Russian fleet on Japan in 1905. Needless to say, he had to swim back. She showed me pictures and it was pretty wild.

Who, Rozhdestvensky? Makarov? They were both brilliant, but Makarov was killed in the battle of Tsushima, so maybe it was Prince Ukhtomsky...is she royalty? In any case, it would be fun to see the pictures.

In any case, I am glad you enjoyed the website. Why Russo-Japanese relations? I liked both Russia and Japan, and I did not want to drop either, so it meant I needed to combine the two.

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #55 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr
Who, Rozhdestvensky? Makarov? They were both brilliant, but Makarov was killed in the battle of Tsushima, so maybe it was Prince Ukhtomsky...is she royalty? In any case, it would be fun to see the pictures.

In any case, I am glad you enjoyed the website. Why Russo-Japanese relations? I liked both Russia and Japan, and I did not want to drop either, so it meant I needed to combine the two.

I believe it was Rozhdestvensky, although I couldn't swear to it. She is royalty, although not in the direct line of descent. Her parents fled to Paris after the revolution and then Stalin coaxed them back. When they came back, the gov't took everything and it wasn't until the early 90's that they could leave again.

I might have some pictures scanned at home. I'll post them later tonight if I still have them.

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #56 of 74
Thank you for the advice i´ll try it now to see if it works.
It worked but it became too big so i will scale it down, ill try again later
biggrin.gif

Northernlight1jpg.jpg

Yihooo now it looks like it should!!!!! I´ll throw in anotherone while i´m at it!
Northernlight2jpg.jpg

Theese pics were taken in Lappland on a cold january night and it´s approximatly what northern light looks like, it moves in a slow flarelike pattern.

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #57 of 74
My second attempt to post; hope everything works. These were taken with a Nikon FM3A manual camera. I'm way behind in technology.
redface.gif
Can't remember which lens I used.

ContraBass.jpg

Clown.jpg

Sep 13, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #59 of 74
Antik,
we were both finally able to get it right, funny pic with the clown.

mbriant,
thanks for telling me, im not so used to computers and i have a fast connection so i didn´t think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back