I'm bored, so I am posting some photos. DIALUP WARNING
Sep 12, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #31 of 74
stuartr, forgot to mention that I really like that very first landscape shot and the one showing the church. That last portrait is excellent as well. The 75 is a very nice lens. Its capable of registering very subtle changes in color and offers a very nice soft out-of-focus background for portrait. With the 90 APO you see every facial hair and blemishes as if you were using a magnifying glass. You were lucky to find a used 75. A coveted lens that is expensive and hard to find used.

I'll have to check into these Minolta scanners.

I also do my own black and white film developing. My favourite B&W film is D100 ilford as well.

Sep 12, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP88
One more from the Palace of Fine Arts (did a little toning in Photoshop):

Adam, that one is fantastic. I love the angle you have chosen, and the sepia tone works very well with the neoclassical architecture. Nice shot!
GWN -- Thanks for the compliments. Do look into the minolta scanner. They are very cheap for their performance. As for the portrait -- that one is actually with the 90mm f/2.8. The 75mm is a great lens and it actually does turn up used fairly frequently on the leica forum classifieds. It actually usually goes for less money than the 35mm summilux does...I think people buy it and become disenchanted with the size and weight of it. The performance is beyond question.

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 74
Damn if I can't find my books that I can at least find the name of the Frank photography stuartr #1 is structurally very reminiscent of. I'd guess Mexico or New Mexico 1953...oh well.

As for this mini exhibit I'd give 2nd prize to AdamP88's 'Somber Dog' for the shades of gray among other qualities.

Sold all my darkroom & Nikon gear 10 years ago, but images are still in my blood. Maybe I'll get a small digital as I am a conceptualist first and prepare for a future Head-Fi mini photo exhibition.
smily_headphones1.gif

I miss my Nikon F3!
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
You people and your fancy cameras. Guess I'm a bit behind the times.

Ok, you win. Your camera ceased production 4 years before the design of the camera I use...(1951 and 54). TLR's are great though. They have nearly silent shutters, no vibration, and very high quality lenses. It looks like yours has the T coating, so I am sure it takes brilliant pictures...

Sep 13, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #38 of 74
Man, you guys make me embarrassed to show my shots but I'm bored as heck, so here they are anyway. Part of the reason these pics just suck so much *** is because it was overcast, yet 90%+ humidity the entire time.

Revere%202.jpg

Good ol' Paul's having a grand time

brick%20and%20modern.jpg

Boston's financial district

evil%20man.jpg

One of my least favorite Americans

boston%20skyline.jpg

Boston's financial district again

american%203.jpg

Falling water

duck%202.jpg

These ducks were just waking up in Kingston

help.jpg

I guess sharks don't like turtle soup

jellyfish%203.jpg

Nice blue because of the aquarium, not any skill on my part.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #39 of 74
Wow, who would have thought that the head-fi members were so talented? Here are some of mine. I have been picked up by a Tokyo based gallery. It's my first show. I'm pretty psyched.

Into_the_light.jpg

lines_and_patterns_small.jpg

light_of_the_flame.jpg

odyssey_swirls.jpg

curving_glide_small.jpg

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bifcake
Wow, who would have thought that the head-fi members were so talented? Here are some of mine. I have been picked up by a Tokyo based gallery. It's my first show. I'm pretty psyched.

Congrats!

And well deserved! Very nice macro shots.

Man, this thread is really pushing me to get a digital SLR. I've been very close to buying one, but so far, the colors of digital SLR's are still a bit off for me. They're getting better and better every time, though.

-Ed

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #42 of 74
Wow, there are some truly great photos in this thread. You guys have some very nice skills and equipment.

Here are some shots I took a couple years ago when I went to Seattle on vacation. They were taken with a humble Olympus Brio D-100 1.2 megapixel digicam, so they don't look nearly as good as anything else in this thread, but here goes:

From the Seattle Aquarium:
1.jpg

Looking up at the Space Needle:
2.jpg

Pike Place Market:
3.jpg

Downtown Seattle from the Space Needle:
4.jpg

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #43 of 74
i just got done "processing" my shots from saturday. first time i ever totally filled my 1gb cf card, and i'm not sure i want to do it ever again. going through 180 raw shots is quite a chore, for me and my powerbook. anyway, i think my favorite shot of the day was a candid of the trumpet player who was performing later that day.

trumpetplayer_003-800.jpg

i'm still considering cropping off the garbage can on the left as it sort of takes away from the whole scene. i was afraid that if i moved from where i was sitting he would see me and the shot wouldn't be the same. if only i had the nikkor 85mm f/1.4.. sigh. i might've been able to capture the steam rising from his cup. ah well, one can't always capture the moment with a camera, just a reflection.

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #45 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
You people and your fancy cameras. Guess I'm a bit behind the times.

Ikoflex855_16front.jpg

Cool camera. I love old cameras. There's something about the feel of an old, all manual, built-like-a-tank hunk-of-metal camera that's so much more satisfying than the current plastic composite 35mm trend. Of course, it does require a lot more patience dealing with an old all-manual camera, but I kind of like the more measured approach.

Here's the Bronica S:
bronic17.jpg

s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back