I'M ADDICTED TO BUYING STUFF.
May 17, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #31 of 44
as soon as I get paypal hooked up I'll be able to buy a new amp. both of my cmoys died due to some problem I can't figure out (and the pots are broken too
frown.gif
) and I'm in need of an amp badly.

I have been spending quite a bit of money recently, but since I just got a job my income is greater than my outflow
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, what do you buy?

I work for a defense contractor so I spend most of my days buying cables, connectors, computers, metal and various security equipment.

Oh and our most recent project, building a tsunami detection buoy, was super interesting. Felt really neato to be a part of something like that which has the potential to save lives.

May 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Addendum: IMPULSE BUYING WHILE INEBRIATED FTW!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tell me about it! eBay and a bottle of brew = I'm screwed. Almost ended up with a DAC1 last night. haha!

May 17, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*looks at wall, sees that his two guitar hangers are String Swings too* Nice Choice!

Oh dude, aren't they soooo sick!? I decided that over my fireplace needed some decoration and then I thought... oh yeah acoustic and electric guitars would look stunning there. I stumbled across the String Swing stuff and thought oh well obviously my life will somehow be incomplete without those. They rock!

May 17, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #35 of 44
How about selling?

I'm constantly amazed at all the activity in the FS forum, all those people actually willing and able to sell their gear.

I figured out too late that Head-Fi is a shopping forum cleverly disguised as an audio discussion site.

May 17, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about selling?

I'm constantly amazed at all the activity in the FS forum, all those people actually willing and able to sell their gear.

I figured out too late that Head-Fi is a shopping forum cleverly disguised as an audio discussion site.

I'd be afraid I'd miss something if I sold it. I sold a CD once. That was dumb, I ended up having to repurchase it.

May 17, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 44
Yep, totally addicted to buying stuff.

Don't you just hate it when you think "Yeah, I want that new pair of headphones and some of these opamps and caps to upgrade my amp." and then realizing it'll be days / weeks before you finally get it at which point, you go to the store to buy something else to get you through, and after you have the package in your hands, the excitement is so short lived that you go shopping again within the week.
plainface.gif

The worst nightmare though is being inside a huge surplus store like Sayal (here in Canada), they have a 40,000 squared feet warehouse where I can spend DAYS! Last time I went tried to do a quick run to it during my 1 hour lunch break, I ended up coming in for work 3 hours later!

About the selling gear - it's not that hard when you build LOTS of stuff like I do
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #40 of 44
I AM addicted too, prowling the for sale forum here is NOT HEALTHY, neither is surfing webshops like headroom, amazon, cduniverse etc etc.

Then there are those brick and mortar shops......

I've cut down alot on purchases, only because my bank book is looking at me with sad teary eyes... OH THE GUILT

May 18, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #42 of 44
I workin a remote job, with lots of isolation and time on my hands. I can't wait for the next Amazon shipment every month, and I have spent an ungodly amount of money on Audio this year (I can afford it, but it is postponing my master evil plan for early retirement, travel, and laziness).

May 19, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #43 of 44
I guess i know exactly what you say...
biggrin.gif
it's terrible!

May 19, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #44 of 44
I also have a problem with buying things on impulse. Fortunately being a college student somewhat keeps my spending habits in check as I need to save for school. Nevertheless, I have trouble keeping my savings account fat. In fact, a $5 savings account hardly accounts for anything.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back