I'M ADDICTED TO BUYING STUFF.
May 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always plan for about 15 weeks before buying anything. So no impulse buying.

Same here, I always do a lot of extensive research before I buy anything, I need to know that I get the best value possible for my money. The hunt is definitely a part of the joy in accumulating gear.

Addicted...? Oh yes
evil_smiley.gif

Like now, I have been a part of this forum for some moths now, but haven't bought any gear yet.

May 16, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know I think I understand where crack heads get their urges. I'm seriously addicted to buying stuff. For whatever reason it just makes me stupid happy. Maybe that's why I love this hobby so much... and moreover why my job is a buyer.

I just bought these awesome guitar hangers from www.stringswing.com and I'm stoked about it!

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else addicted to emptying their wallet?

*looks at wall, sees that his two guitar hangers are String Swings too* Nice Choice!

I'm all about the buying too - but it's about buying the Right Thing. There's a lot of buying and selling and trading and upgrading and consolidating and diversifying going on to ultimately Buy the Right Thing. Not gonna stop 'till I get it (them)!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not the Peter O'Toole of Head-fi are you Morph? (well you have beer in your avatar and sig)
icon10.gif

Haha, I hate to admit the last couple of SACD purchases(oh boy) I made were after a couple of pomegranate martinis, I NEVER realized Grey Goose was so smoooth!
wink.gif
It usually helps too when the wife confronts me with the statements!
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #19 of 44
I am addicted to buying stuff as well.
Luckily I have a bottomless wallet!
tongue.gif

May 16, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 44
Haha.

I found a cheap way of keeping myself entertained though:
Buy cheap classical CDs off eBay! I've bought 7 in the past few days and it only cost around 1-2GBP each + shipping. Not bad
wink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #21 of 44
I used to have the same problem, but then I found poverty. All my frivolous spending habits were erased.

It has it's own set of problems though. My sense of worth is diminished because I no longer contribute to the Consumer Confidence Index.

May 16, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe that's why I love this hobby so much... and moreover why my job is a buyer.

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else addicted to emptying their wallet?

Just curious, what do you buy?

Opening the package is great, it really is like Christmas when you open a box. Bahaha.
Well I've had a gag going with my friend to compare how many weeks in a row we get packages of new things we bought. Mine was something like 6 weeks.

May 16, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Addendum: IMPULSE BUYING WHILE INEBRIATED FTW!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh yeah... when you don't really remember what you bought (or that you bought anything at all), opening that UPS package really is like XMAS.

The guys who work receiving in my warehouse must hate me... This week alone they'll have to shlep a bunch of cigars, a GPS unit, a set of motorcycle tires, and some other misc. crap upstairs to my office
redface.gif

May 16, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Addendum: IMPULSE BUYING WHILE INEBRIATED FTW!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

How can I do anything but agree?
biggrin.gif
*Goes to find his Jameson.*
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 16, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always plan for about 15 weeks before buying anything. So no impulse buying.

Thats how I am also. I have to research ahead of time, and hate purchasing anything, no matter how small, without background on it.

At the same time, I get much joy from purchases as the OP does, no matter what they are. I had been on the edge of my seat until my new powersupply arrived next week...and its for my secondary computer. Luckily, just ordering something rids me of my desire; I sometimes choose longer shipping times even at the same cost so I won't purchase anything new. Sad really

May 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #29 of 44
I love buying random electronic junk from the Internet myself, although in contrast to most head-fiers I like it more when I can get a gazillion small inexpensive items than one very expensive one.
tongue.gif

May 17, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #30 of 44
I try not to buy too much stuff. Though I do get tempted to buy little for a lot. eBay is the worst. My latest fascination with fountain pens incurred about $500 to my bank account
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back