im 92% positive im passing kidney stones right now
Apr 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a huge cause is that people will drink caffeinated or alcoholic beverages, and neglect hydrating afterward.

Oh s**t.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #17 of 38
Luckily i drink a few liters of 8.5-9.5 ph alkaline ionized water per day, because i drink coffee, green tea, black tea, daily.
My brother in law just went threw a kidney stone problem, but for him its way more serious because he was born with one good kidney and the other small and useless. The second never developed properly.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #18 of 38
I wish you all the best!
smile.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #19 of 38
Why don't you go get checked out by a doctor? I hope you feel better soon.

And at least your appendix isn't being a problem, unlike some members I could mention.
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And at least your appendix isn't being a problem, unlike some members I could mention.
biggrin.gif

Oh, come ON!
redface.gif

If you want something new to laugh at me about, yesterday Google's logo was in Morse code to celebrate Samuel F. B. Morse's birthday. One of my friends on Facebook told me to check it out, and after I did, I mistook it for Braille, and proceeded to joke about how it was a shame that I couldn't feel the screen to read it.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if things get uber bad then ill make a b line there quick

The thing is, when the pain is "uber bad," you can't drive. At least I couldn't when I was suffering from kidney stones at age 25 or 26. I don't think I've ever experienced worse pain in my life. Thankfully, being married, I had someone to drive me across town (maybe 45 minutes) to the stupid, faraway hospital belonging to my idiotic HMO network. I'm pretty sure I hallucinated the whole way there in the car at 2 or 3 in the morning. Probable cause of the kidney stones? Daily vitamin supplements with lots of calcium. Ever since then, no more vitamin supplements, copious amounts of fresh water, socialized medicine, and only occasional hallucinations.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #24 of 38
Im much better now not sure if i passed anything as im perfectly fine now but i am going to get it checked as the pain was in my urinary tract that i know but it being a kidney stone im not sure hence the 92%. Thanks alot to all who cared makes me feel better about head-fi ill post if anything major happens im still drinking a lot of water though so i'll see how it goes.

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 38
Oh man..... I drank about 2 - 4 cups of coffee a day not counting the teas :S

WATER!!!! WHERE IS MY WATER!!!!!??????

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #27 of 38
Oxycoton?

Now that is a Good weekend.....if you have to be stuck at home or in one place.
Though apparently I never get the psychological effects that people decribe with Morphine and Oxy. Just feel sleepy and want something sugary, getting a headache about 6 hours after being on the meds.

I used to take advil or tylenol at most every sore muscle, headache, or pain. Then after deciding that it was proabably not soo good, went cold turkey and took no pain meds for 7 months. That was hard living right there...no soothing of pains. It was good though because now I can take a single pill and viola! pain gone.

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #28 of 38
Lived with a stone bothering me for a year until I couldn't do it anymore (no ins.). Got scanned with a 12mm stone. Too big to pass so I got a litho treatment. After one week, a good portion of it passed, but they want me to keep the stint in for a month. That is a pain to live with as cutting the lawn, long drives, walking all rub the vein and cause bleeding. I have plenty of vicodin but don't like the side effects. Next week for another KUP xray and hopefully it is gone and I can get this stint out.

Family is pre-disposed to them as I find out (I'm a foster kid).

Oxalate

Oxalate is a compound found in some foods, and it is also produced as a waste product by the body. It exits the body through the urine. Too much oxalate may cause kidney stones in some people.

Foods high in oxalate include:
  1. Dark green vegetables, such as spinach.
  2. Rhubarb.
  3. Chocolate.
  4. Tea and cola.
  5. Wheat bran.
  6. Nuts.
  7. Cranberries.
  8. Beans.
  9. Coffee.

Anyway, here is a good read on the different type stones and what causes them. What I need to know about Kidney Stones

I bought a kidney stone report that has a remedy that you can do. 6 pack of coke in two hours and 6-8 oz of pureed asperagus immediately. Then drink about 120 oz of water. The chemical reaction is supposed to eat away the crystaline spikes on the stone to allow movement through the vein. I didn't try it though. Another remedy they gave is 1.5 oz of extra virgin olive oil and 3 oz of lemon juice concentrate just before bed. You can put honey in it for taste. The acidic treatment again wears the spikes and the oil is to lube the tube.

These things mentioned above amount to nothing more than home remedies. See a Dr. to know what you need to do. If they get big enough and block your vein, you could sustain kidney damage.

If the particular stone above can be dissolved even partially, why can you be put on a treatment of high acidic fluid until it gets small or smooth enough to move? How do the Chinese remove stones?

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #29 of 38
I've had them a few times myself. One thing you can do is try to pull your lower lip up over your eyes. The pain from this should distract from the pain down below.
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a serious note, I know what you're going thru. As with everything, they too will pass.
evil_smiley.gif

Again, couldn't resist. Good luck, man!

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #30 of 38
Here is my story.

Day 1 - this hurts
Day 2- this hurts, let me go talk to my doctor
Day 2.1 - rushed to ER by doctor, scanned, setup for surgery on NINE MM KIDNEY STONE (What)
Day 2.2 - surgeon says he thinks he can blast it (its logged between my kidney and bladder in the little 2mm tube)
Day 2.3 - Sent home with 200 count vicodine and instructions to poop alot to get the MRI contrast out for the Xray targeting gun for the blaster cannon
Day 5 - I have **** out enough MRI contrast for the blasting surgery
day 5.5-21 I pee sand and little rocks
Day 22+ I still have 2 stones rattling around and I am not looking forward to them

My uncle is a decorated cop in austin with multiple stab and gun shot wounds - he said NOTHING came close to the agony a kidney stone put him thru...

A neighbor's wife said her husband "Dropped to the ground howling on all 4s and tore off his clothes" from one that he passed.

It sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back