im 92% positive im passing kidney stones right now
Apr 28, 2009 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
title says it all i just felt compelled to let you guys know as im pretty sure thats what it is right now. I have a huge glass of water a ball of sockes to bit down on and a D2 loaded with some dragon force so help. On a scale of 1-10 of pain this is a definite 10...man this suck i knew i should have lay easy on the green tea now im paying for it.

Yeah any moral support or stories would be amazing to read right now thanks (THIS IS NOT A JOKE THIS HURTS)
popcorn.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 38
nope its like 1:23a.m here in my apartment and my room mate is KO'd for the night plus i dont want to wake the baby im reading up on web md my first pain shootout passed so im fine now but i know its not over

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 38
i only had two movements but no stones yet and i havent had pain in a bit so for now im alright if things get uber bad then ill make a b line there quick

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i only had two movements but no stones yet and i havent had pain in a bit so for now im alright if things get uber bad then ill make a b line there quick

A sixpack should help things along!
redface.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...man this suck i knew i should have lay easy on the green tea now im paying for it....

What!?! I drink a lot of green tea is there something I should know??? Does green tea increase the risk of having kidney stones?

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 38
My dad spent six days in the hospital once because the doctors would not zap the stone. In the end he developed an arrhythmia, causing the doctors to backpedal further. So, while I would recommend getting checked out, be cautioned.

The best way to avoid a kidney stone is to stay hydrated, but your diet obviously has an influence. But water is always a good idea. I think a huge cause is that people will drink caffeinated or alcoholic beverages, and neglect hydrating afterward.

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #11 of 38
I've bin there but was lucky enough to pie the stone out, after drinking lots of water, although I wasn't feeling lucky at the time
biggrin.gif

I had strawberries, spinage and chocolate and then got de-hydrated, recepi for disaster that is

I never knew pain until the kidneystone, I even learnt that pain van cause you to vomit.. it sucks
frown.gif

Good luck man

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 38
Time for some lithotripsy. Go to the hospital and get those things zapped with a laser.

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #14 of 38
(edit, hmmm. i just looked it up and green tea does have a small amount of oxalate in it, guess i was wrong here)

i had a stone once, it was a summer where i was working out like crazy. i was on way too much protein and not enough water.

i passed mine without seeing a doctor. they say that doctors make the worst patients.

anyways, is it pain from the side of your back radiating around to the front? do you feel like throwing up? that's classic kidney stone.

i'd have more medical advice, but it's probably bad to dispense such things without a full history and physical. good luck.

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 38
I used to have a lot of really intense lower back pain that extended into my testicles. The pain could get very severe at times making me come close to vomiting. What I used to do when I had that kind of pain was get in a really hot hot bath which seemed to reduce the pain somewhat.

Turns out it wasn't back pain, they were kidney stones. I was at a work party one time when my 'back pain' started and a friend was concerned and forced me to go to the emergency room, cause he said I was really pale. They diagnosed them really quick as kidney stones, had a CT scan within a half hour of being admitted, and was on pain killers very shortly after that. I believe I was given oxycontin, which worked pretty well.
smily_headphones1.gif
Another time I was given some sort of suppository pain killer. The doctor said that unlike the oxycontin it wasn't a narcotic, but that for kidney stones it worked just as well.

It definitely didn't work as well- there was still some discomfort, but it was managable- and the necessary dose of oxy to keep the pain down also made me loopy.

Anyway, long story short- don't suffer, go to the doctor. Turns out I have odd shaped kidneys which make me more likely to have kidney stones than most people, so now I drink a whole lot more water each day than I used to.

Cheers,
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back