ikko OH10
Oct 28, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #346 of 426
The OH10’s are an amazing iem, I find in most systems the DAP/AMP are what bring the best out in iem’s however for me the OH10 makes DAP’s and Amps sound their best:beerchug: I’m in this sweet sounding one today as a matter a fact. I’m using an IMR cable in them here:wink:

BEF2791C-DDC4-4471-828F-346ECA8CBBB1.jpeg

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #347 of 426
Question for those of you that do HIIT style workouts, do these stay in pretty well? I really think I'll like the sound and need an over ear and snug fit because I do jump rope and boxing style workouts.

Anything wireless or not routed over my ears falls out pretty fast and some have said these are a little heavy. I was looking at something small like the ie 300s or Aonic 4 because they seem to have decent sound but look small and light enough to stay put. I also like to fall asleep listening to audiobooks so it's nice if they don't hang way out of one's ear.

Thx for any input!

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #348 of 426
Question for those of you that do HIIT style workouts, do these stay in pretty well? I really think I'll like the sound and need an over ear and snug fit because I do jump rope and boxing style workouts.

Anything wireless or not routed over my ears falls out pretty fast and some have said these are a little heavy. I was looking at something small like the ie 300s or Aonic 4 because they seem to have decent sound but look small and light enough to stay put. I also like to fall asleep listening to audiobooks so it's nice if they don't hang way out of one's ear.

Thx for any input!

I dunno about your ear size, but I have average sized ears and the IKKO OH10 is really heavy and huge, and tends to drop out of my ears, even with just slight head movements. Also, in general, BA drivers don't take well to humidity and sweat, say compared to pure DD types. I'm not sure how long the IKKO OH10 BAs will survive with heavy exercise.

I personally will not use them for exercise, but YMMV. Are you able to audition a set somewhere before purchase, to at least try the fitting?

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #349 of 426

Thx for any input!
If you wear a 1980's headband, they will probably stay in -- they are heavy and will likely slip out after 2-3 jumps with rope!

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #350 of 426
Tips are make or break with the OH10 only set I won't consider to sell.

Nov 27, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #351 of 426
Thanks. It seems they're not suited for that purpose. I'll probably get them anyway since they seem to offer the kind of sound I like. I'll get something else for workouts.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #352 of 426
The OH10 with the right tips are good for fast walking only otherwise they will fall out.
Etymotic I found to be the best for heavy exercising and they will never fall out with either the foam or flange tips.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #354 of 426
Looks like I'm the outlier in the comfort and fit regard for OH10, those are the most comfortable and best-fitting IEMs I ever tried, they slide perfectly into my ears and never fall off, even when running. I was worried after reading comments about their unwieldiness and was very surprised.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #355 of 426
IMHO the OH10 is far too nice to be exposed to a lot of external noises, Sweat, abrupt motion (they are absolutely size for size some of my heaviest iem's) but for me the possibility of sweat/moisture damage just terrifies me! Not as killer in detail but plenty for a work-out or labor intensive activities (so for working out I'm cheap Chi-Fi). I myself have been using KZ ZS4's for going on almost 5 years now with zero issues and for less than $15 I feel ahead of the game every time they fire up :grin: They also have killer fit by design:wink:

KZS4 Balanced.JPG

Sorry, no disrespectin' the OH10's in their thread:smirk:

Who’s Heavier.jpg

Its younger siblings is sweet as well, not the 10's level of detail however much lighter shell with same fit for me:beerchug:

Sibbings.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #356 of 426
I am using the ikko oh10 with the shure 2 wireless. The Shure TWS2 equalizer is just magic with ikko h10. Sub bass subwoofer in the ears boosting low frequencies as well as a few more db on the meds. Fantastic. I am doing 1 hour running sessions with no problem with the iems falling or moving. They perfectly stay in the ears, and i do not touch them. I am using Asla Xelastec tips.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #357 of 426
I am using the ikko oh10 with the shure 2 wireless. The Shure TWS2 equalizer is just magic with ikko h10. Sub bass subwoofer in the ears boosting low frequencies as well as a few more db on the meds. Fantastic. I am doing 1 hour running sessions with no problem with the iems falling or moving. They perfectly stay in the ears, and i do not touch them. I am using Asla Xelastec tips.
Is there a Shure TWS that has the .78 2pin connectors? I thought they were MMCX. Or are you using a MMCX/2-pin adaptor??

Dec 2, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #359 of 426
I dunno about your ear size, but I have average sized ears and the IKKO OH10 is really heavy and huge, and tends to drop out of my ears, even with just slight head movements. Also, in general, BA drivers don't take well to humidity and sweat, say compared to pure DD types. I'm not sure how long the IKKO OH10 BAs will survive with heavy exercise.

I personally will not use them for exercise, but YMMV. Are you able to audition a set somewhere before purchase, to at least try the fitting?
Right there, that’s why I stay away from workouts.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #360 of 426
I picked up a pair of OH10s recently on a whim because I saw a friend selling them pretty cheaply. I'm normally not big on super bassy tunings or more extreme v shaped tunings so based on some things I had read about the OH10s I was expecting them to be something I might listen to for fun occasionally or even end up giving away.

However, since getting them I have been surprised about just how versatile they are. Yes, they're unapologetically v shaped in their tuning, but the bass is tight and controlled so it doesn't swamp the mids, which are detailed, of good quality, and not overly recessed (like many mid sections on heavier v shaped tunings). The treble is reasonably well extended and provides good microdetails and sparkle.

Rather than a pair of IEMs that I can only use on occasion with a few specific artists, I have found the OH10s to offer a good sound and perspective on everything from jazz to blues-rock, and acoustic tracks to vintage prog. The fact that these IEMs are nearing their fourth birthday is truly impressive!

Between these and my also recently acquired TRI i3s (OG) I have two older IEMs that I find offer a refreshing change from an IEM market that has become increasingly homogeneous in the last couple years. Both soubd great, offer unique presentations, and are still very much competitive with the IEMs being offer nearly 4 years after their initial releases (both were released in 2019). If you've ended up on this thread because you're searching for info on the OH10s and you're wondering if an IEM from 2019 can really still be relevant, my answer is a definitive "yes!" Anything that sounded truly good in 2019 will still sound truly good in 2023 and the Ikko OH10s sound truly good to my ears. 🤘😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back