iHiFi 990
Jul 16, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #121 of 125
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #122 of 125
Improved yet again, wider soundstage from the cap bypass, and wow! even more detail from the OPA1622 opamp using a custom board from plutonim (russia) Its as good as ANY top end dap i've heard /got !

List of Mods:
2 x WM8741 DACs
2 x Nichicon KZ 10v 1000uf
1 x larger battery 4300mah
1 x battery connector
2 x ADA4627-1BRZ OPAMPS
1 x OPA1622 OPAMP on VSON10 to SOIC8 adapter
TDK Noise Suppressant on all ICs
DAC circuit mod
Bypass headphone out relay
Bypass volume ic caps

It sounds really amazing that you wrote.
Can you write more accurate description for who want to repeat your mod please.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #123 of 125
FYI I won't be contributing further in any threads with software or hardware mods, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should be doing everyones mods for free. Anything i've ever done I only charged cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

Mar 16, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #124 of 125
FYI I won't be contributing further in any threads with software or hardware mods, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should be doing everyones mods for free. Anything i've ever done I only charged cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

daaamn..didn't know headfi is this strict, all the best mate :)

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #125 of 125
That’s quite sad - you’ve given some inspiration and good tips on a few different forums. Even though I’ve yet to break out the solder it’s made me think more about modding and felt like I could follow in your footsteps and copy your mods rather than doing my own somewhat blind from a novice’s limited knowledge. In the end, isn’t that kind of community interaction what a hi-fi forum should be encouraging and enabling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back