Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,171 of 1,351
@Rockwell,

Yes.  According to what I learned from the Chinese forums, the MSRP for the 990 is 1999 Chinese Yuan (~$300 US).  However, if you are an owner any other Xuelin DAP and you send them a picture of both the DAP and its warranty card, then you can get the 990 for the discounted price of 1799 Chinese Yuan (~$270 US).  Unfortunately, the presale is only available thru Tabao as far as I know, so I don't know if Xuelin will offer this discount for those of us that live outside of Asia once other vendors have the 990 to sell.  I know that when Xuelin made a big deal out of giving free silicon cases for "all the owners of the new 770C", their definition of all owners was only those people in China....  Even after I sent them pictures of my Xuelin DAPs with all my warranty cards, they still would not send me a silicon case for the new 770C.  I have the distinct impression that Xuelin does not value their international customers.....  I guess you could pre-order the 990 thru Tabao and then find someone who could ship it to you if you don't live in mainland China, but this would probably be more expensive than just waiting for other vendors to get their supply.  I would guess that Penon Audio will have the new 990 in stock within the next 2-4 weeks.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,176 of 1,351
  Ok, guys, here is new official Xuelin 770C firmware - 2.04B - link
It fixes "mirror screen" bug in the new devices.
rockbox will be available later.

Thanks, XVortex.  BEWARE, though all you owners of the new 770C (DAC8740), this firmware version is only for the very new units (06-2016) and not the older models of the new 770C.  I know this is all very confusing, but CONFUSION is what Xuelin excels in.  This firmware will only be applicable to those new units that came with the newer firmware (V2.03 and v.204).  I tried it on my older model NEW 770C and I'm still trying to replace the firmware to get my player working again....

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,178 of 1,351
So not cool jdog - I hope you're able to get your 770c player running again. You've been a champion here from the get go!

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,179 of 1,351
After flashing the firmware v2.04b that XVortex posted, my mirror screen problem is fixed!  Thank you very much!  I hope you can get your player working again jdog.  You helped me a lot too.  Maybe Xuelin is not offering public firmware downloads because of this new version of 770c made after 2016-06 and older players can't use new firmware and vice versa...

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,180 of 1,351
So not cool @jdog - I hope you're able to get your 770c player running again. You've been a champion here from the get go!

After flashing the firmware v2.04b that XVortex posted, my mirror screen problem is fixed!  Thank you very much!  I hope you can get your player working again jdog.  You helped me a lot too.  Maybe Xuelin is not offering public firmware downloads because of this new version of 770c made after 2016-06 and older players can't use new firmware and vice versa...

Thanks guys.  Everything is ok again.  I just re-loaded XVortex's Rockbox firmware and everything is working again.  However, I did try to re-load the Xuelin firmware (earlier version) for the New 770C and it didn't work...  So, I just hope that anyone who has the newer version of the new 770C (06-2016) is soon a beneficiary of XVortex's wonderful talents and you get access to Rockbox soon....

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,184 of 1,351
Penon Audio is a highly regarded vendor of Xuelin products.  They are also known as bigbargainonline on eBay.  They would be my first choice and customer support is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back