Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,351

dogegg

New Head-Fier

XUELIN IHIFI770 WM8740 8GB Amplifier Portable HiFi Loseless Music Player 

Description

IHIFI770 is an enthusiast music player integrating with high-end manufacturing process and high tone quality. The shell adopts high-cost overall aluminium alloy and molded by cnc numerical control machining . The panel adopts high-cost tempered glass , keeping the panel new through for many years without pasting .Combining with the aluminium alloy shell. Representing an unparalleled ice-cold and tough texture .

IHIFI770 player primarily attempts to internally install dual-mode output of hardware tuning,with earphone jack of dual output of classic/voice.The intermediate frequency of the voice output is very soft and graceful, while the classic output is elegant and intense, even perform better in piano and other instruments. It is available to the hardware compensation for earphone of different styles.

CODEE of the IHIFI770 is the WM8740 decoding chip, which belongs to second-rate flagship decoding chip of Wolfson. It is a high-performance Hi-Fi level decoding chip commonly used in desktop sound and blue-ray player. Wolfson WM8740 decoding chip possesses top-level and highest Signal to Noise Ratio and extremely low Total Harmonic Distortion, it can restore the most full and most mellow tone .

In order to obtain better tone quality, we screened almost 20 kinds of operational amplifier, and finally selected AD8656 as the LPE of the whole player, AD8656 is a kind of precision amplifier, with bandwidth of 28 Mhz, and supports input and output capacity of full power supply swing. This amplifier is featured with low noise, low distortion and high current output capacity, which can reduce the system noise, guarantee the fidelity of the radio, and further improve the performance of the audio device.

Master tape level WAV format

1. Support FLAC, APE, FLAC, MP3, etc. The original software algorithm of IHIFI770 directly support original 192K realizing truly high-definition format play.
    Max patent level earphone amplifier .
  1. IHiFi770 is internally installed with 120mw+120mw max patent level earphone amplifier. Easy drive, high-resistance earphone, free of headphone amplifier.
Zero background noise.

1. Although it oriented to the middle-end market. IHIFI engineers design it with highest standard and rigorous attitude without any carelessness, especially in multiple macromolecule capacitor filtering, repeatedly debug the grounding system and arrangement of the components and parts , electromagnetic shielding , etc. It completely restrain the noise of turn on, turn off, music select , etc. Thus the background noise of ihifi770 is lower than other players with higher prices, zero background noise black background.
  2. Tempered glass plane.
  1. Due to its complex process and high cost,it is only applied in partial high-end mobile phone and pad. Only a few domestic plants master this kind of manufacturing process. IHIFI initially adopts this kind of new material , and promoted this enthusiast experience into a new level .
    To achieve optimal experience,during the designing process of IHIFI770, designers and engineers adopted high-cost overall metal cutting seamless shell
    Ultra thin body 
Gorgeous touch button,automatically open self-breathing background light ,amazing and luxurious .

1. To achieve optimal experience,during the designing process of IHIFI770, Designers and engineers adopted high-cost overall metal cutting seamless shell
Ultra thin body.

1. 0.5mm thinner than iphone4 high tone quality,beautiful appearance .
  2. IHIFI owns ultra thin body and major hardware configuration,while its sustainable capacity did not shrink.
Free of worry in sustainable capacity.

1. IHIFI770 supports continuous play of file with high bit rate for above 13 hours.
Specification

1. Headphone output power :max patent level earphone amplifier
  2. Decoding : WM8740(Single)
  3. LPF: AD8656
  4. Headphone 3.5mm earphone output interface A soft mode
  5. Headphone 3.5mm earphone output interface B elegant and beautiful mode
  6. USB date interface/charge jack
  7. TF card expansion interface
  8. Reset interface
  9. Touch key contronl
  10. Earphone output power :120mw+120mw/32ohm
  11. Player output :3.6v
  12. Signal to noise ratio :Greater than or equal to 105 dB (A weighting)
  13. Channel unbalance≤ 0.5dB (1KHz)
  14. Channel separation :More than 93dB (1KHz)
  15. Frequency response :20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0/-2.5dB)
  16. Total harmonic distortion plus noise≤ 0.004% (1KHz)
  17. Life time :continuosly playing files with high bit rate for about 13 hours (screen turn off)
  18. Support audio format :WAV(8-192k)  APE(8-48k)  FLAC(8-48k) AAC OGG MP3(8-320k) WMA (8-48k)
  19. Storage capacity : built-in 8GB , expandable to 128GB
  20. Battery type :built-in rechargable Li-ion battery
  21. Size and shape : 117*64*8.8mm
  22. Net Weight :103g 
Package

1. IHIFI770 Music player
  2. USB cable
  3. Leather case

http://www.i-hifi.com/770en.html

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 1,351
770 rocks! Subbed!

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 1,351
Dec 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #8 of 1,351
Ihifi 770C

XUELIN IHIFI770C 8G 24Bit/192k Portable HiFi Music Player
Description:
  1. Super HD lossless music player
  2. Mastering-WAV format player,WAV/FLAC-APE/WMA/ALAC/MP3
  3. 24BIT/192K
  4. High level DAC chip
  5. IHIFI770C adopt advanced DAC chip,WM8718, with 111DB / 5NR and -100DB / THD
Independent structure perfectly
  1. Only IHIFI770C with the DAC which is Independent structure perfectly, LPF circuit and portable headphone amplifier in the music player. the output adopt the same to the SONY D100 flagship MA × 9722 amp chips, nearly 100MW output 6V driving force, easy to deal with the big headphones.
Common portable architecture:
  1. A master + DAC + LPF + amp fully integrated solutions (such as STMP3770)
  2. B main independent + DAC / LPF / amp integrated solutions (such as PCM1770)
  3. C main independent + DAC / LPF integrated amp + program (such as PCM5102)
  4. Different kinds of various colors optional
  5. silver and black,software, and process re-tuning, touch sensitivity and enhance the sense of control
Good craft beyond sibling
  1. Slim full CNC aluminum molding, only 8.8mm thick. Steel Protective glass panel to give you a better experience.
Really high performance
  1. HIFI essence lies not piled high price and hardware, and more dependent on their design skills and experience adjustments. In fact, 770C actually belong to the dominant position in the noise drops 2K-level products, if doubt, pleasecompare with AB . And with the same strain of xuelin mellow clean tone will live up to your expectations.
Korea KC certification
  1. Million units of production, multi-national quality certification, export more than 20 countries and regions.
Specification:
  1. AMP :max9722
  2. Decoding : WM8718(Single)
  3. LPF: AD8656
  4. Headphone 3.5mm earphone output interface A soft mode
  5. Headphone 3.5mm earphone output interface B elegant and beautiful mode
  6. USB date interface/charge jack
  7. TF card expansion interface
  8. Reset interface
  9. Touch key control
  10. Earphone output power :120mw+120mw/32ohm
  11. Player output :3.6v
  12. SNR:Greater than or equal to 103 dB (A weighting)
  13. Channel unbalance≤ 0.5dB (1KHz)
  14. Channel separation :More than 93dB (1KHz)
  15. Frequency response :20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0/-2.5dB)
  16. Total harmonic distortion plus noise≤ 0.007% (1KHz)
  17. Life time :continuously playing files with high bit rate for about 13 hours (screen turn off)
  18. Support audio format :WAV(8-192k) APE(8-48k) FLAC(8-48k) AAC OGG MP3(8-320k) WMA (8-48k)
  19. Storage capacity : built-in 8GB , expandable to 128GB
  20. Battery type :built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
  21. Size and shape : 117*64*8.8mm
  22. Net Weight :103g
Package
  1. IHIFI770C Music player
  1. USB cable

http://www.i-hifi.com/770c.html

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 1,351
All right dedPrince, Niyologist, and anyone else who may have ordered the iHiFi770c, you are all in for a great experience.  I have been given the opportunity to review the 770c, with the main goal of comparing it with the 770.  My 770c player arrived today and I have been able to do some comparisons between the two.  I will purposefully keep this current review to a minimum, until I am given permission to release more in-depth information.  Although there are some obvious differences between the 2 players, I can comfortably say that sound quality is not one of them.  I have been A/B'ing the two players all afternoon long, with different earphones, song types and file types and I honestly cannot tell a difference between the two when it comes to sound quality.  Both have dead silent backgrounds with no pops or clicks between songs or when the player is turned off/on.  I have even had my wife and teenage son listen to both players, and in blind testing, they were not able to distinguish between the two.  My son did remark that the sound quality of the 770's was much better than what he is used to with his iphone.  The major obvious differences between the 2 players are:
1.  The 770c does not come with a leather case (in fact, no case at all)
2.  The 770c does not have a small rubber stopper to fit in the HO that is not being used
3.  The glass on the 770c is darker than the glass on the 770 (I think that my pictures show this)
4.  The aluminum case on the black 770c is flat black, whereas on the 770 it is a bit shinier and has a fine stippled pattern (see pictures that follow).  But both players feel very solidly built.
5.  The 770c has 5 screen displays to choose from, while the 770 only has 3, otherwise the UI and menu options appear to be the same.  Neither player shows album art.
6.  The volume levels are amazingly similar between the 2 players, but I did notice that with my Westone 2 earphones, the volume number had to be set a little bit higher on the 770 compared to the 770c (33 vs 30 for the song I was listening to).  I did not experience any real volume setting differences with my other earphones.
7.  There are hardware differences between the two, but again in my experience so far, this does not translate into any significant sound quality differences.  So, if you like the sound quality of the 770, you will get the same pleasure from the 770c.  The DAC in the 770 is Wolfson 8740, in the 770c Wolfson 8718.  The earphone amplifier in the 770 is Max????, and in the 770c Max9722.  The LPF is the same for both (AD8656).
So, it looks like to me that the folks at Xuelin have come thru again; just like the dual core 960 which is better, but less expensive than its 2 predecessors, the original 770 has been modified into an equally nice 770c and sells for a lower price. Good luck guys and I hope you all enjoy the 770c when it arrives...

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 1,351
Now for some picture of the 770 and 770c:  
In both sets, the 770 is on the left and the 770c is on the right.  I think you can appreciate that the glass is darker on the 770c and difference in the metal casing between the 770 and 770c. I feel that both units are very attractive and have a high quality feel to them.

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 1,351
  All right dedPrince, Niyologist, and anyone else who may have ordered the iHiFi770c, you are all in for a great experience.  I have been given the opportunity to review the 770c, with the main goal of comparing it with the 770.  My 770c player arrived today and I have been able to do some comparisons between the two.  I will purposefully keep this current review to a minimum, until I am given permission to release more in-depth information.  Although there are some obvious differences between the 2 players, I can comfortably say that sound quality is not one of them.  I have been A/B'ing the two players all afternoon long, with different earphones, song types and file types and I honestly cannot tell a difference between the two when it comes to sound quality.  Both have dead silent backgrounds with no pops or clicks between songs or when the player is turned off/on.  I have even had my wife and teenage son listen to both players, and in blind testing, they were not able to distinguish between the two. 

Good stuff jdog! Pretty amazing that they have identical SQ, especially when you consider the price of the 770c. Wow.

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 1,351
Well, you know Waynes World, someone out there is bound to disagree with my assessment, but from what I have heard so far, I truthfully cannot tell a difference in sound quality between the two.  Believe me, I tried to find a difference in clarity, brightness, sound stage, etc, but I just couldn't. But I must admit, I can't tell the difference in sound quality between a 320 mp3 file and a flac file, either, so...

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #13 of 1,351
  Now for some picture of the 770 and 770c:  
In both sets, the 770 is on the left and the 770c is on the right.  I think you can appreciate that the glass is darker on the 770c and difference in the metal casing between the 770 and 770c. I feel that both units are very attractive and have a high quality feel to them.

Thumbs up, jolly good stuff!
What about the the image of the 770 from the official Xuelin ShenZhen website?
It obviously show a different 770. Notice the the IHIFI Music Player logo on the bottom center of the player and Album art beside the equalizer?
Perhaps a new update not yet release?

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 1,351
Well Dogegg, I think the picture you are showing is probably not an accurate rendition of the actual player.  Look at any of the pictures of actual players on eBay and you'll see the IHIFI is not printed on the bottom edge.  The 770c does not have IHIFI written on the bottom edge either.  The background display you refer to is actually from the previous firmware version.  The background display (album image with equalizer) was on my 770 when I received it back in May/June 2014, but it was not included in the firmware update from 7/28/14 (ie, the newest firmware).  Additionally, the display did not actually show album art.  The album image was static.  Now on the 770c, there is an image of an album as one of the background display options (the others include a piano keyboard or a Canon camera image (? I don't know either?)), but again the album image is static and does not show actual album art.  I hope this helps...

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #15 of 1,351
  All right dedPrince, Niyologist, and anyone else who may have ordered the iHiFi770c, you are all in for a great experience.  I have been given the opportunity to review the 770c, with the main goal of comparing it with the 770.  My 770c player arrived today and I have been able to do some comparisons between the two.  I will purposefully keep this current review to a minimum, until I am given permission to release more in-depth information.  Although there are some obvious differences between the 2 players, I can comfortably say that sound quality is not one of them.  I have been A/B'ing the two players all afternoon long, with different earphones, song types and file types and I honestly cannot tell a difference between the two when it comes to sound quality.  Both have dead silent backgrounds with no pops or clicks between songs or when the player is turned off/on.  I have even had my wife and teenage son listen to both players, and in blind testing, they were not able to distinguish between the two.  My son did remark that the sound quality of the 770's was much better than what he is used to with his iphone.  The major obvious differences between the 2 players are:
1.  The 770c does not come with a leather case (in fact, no case at all)
2.  The 770c does not have a small rubber stopper to fit in the HO that is not being used
3.  The glass on the 770c is darker than the glass on the 770 (I think that my pictures show this)
4.  The aluminum case on the black 770c is flat black, whereas on the 770 it is a bit shinier and has a fine stippled pattern (see pictures that follow).  But both players          feel very solidly built.
5.  The 770c has 5 screen displays to choose from, while the 770 only has 3, otherwise the UI and menu options appear to be the same.  Neither player shows album art.
6.  The volume levels are amazingly similar between the 2 players, but I did notice that with my Westone 2 earphones, the volume number had to be set a little bit higher      on the 770 compared to the 770c (33 vs 30 for the song I was listening to).  I did not experience any real volume setting differences with my other earphones.
7.  There are hardware differences between the two, but again in my experience so far, this does not translate into any significant sound quality differences.  So, if you          like the sound quality of the 770, you will get the same pleasure from the 770c.  The DAC in the 770 is Wolfson 8740, in the 770c Wolfson 8718.  The earphone                amplifier in the 770 is Max1907A, and in the 770c Max9722.  The LPF is the same for both (AD8656).
So, it looks like to me that the folks at Xuelin have come thru again; just like the dual core 960 which is better, but less expensive than its 2 predecessors, the original 770 has been modified into an equally nice 770c and sells for a lower price. Good luck guys and I hope you all enjoy the 770c when it arrives...

Now I definitely can't wait to get my 770C. BTW, the 770C is now down to $105 from $108. For this price tag, it looks like the X1 has a rival. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back