iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!!
Feb 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #33 of 355
Yeah, I agree that it will became brighter in time when push to the max (3D),but it is not bad thing for most of the headphone, will try it on Soundmagic HP-100 when my unit have come (People claimed this is a bright headphone as well), but the soundstage is improved significantly, and the 'space' now can be more present, which is not a bad thing at all.

Xbass is a good feature, for some headphone that I think bass is not sufficient to make Jazz and Hip hop enjoyable, turn it on and welcome the new world.

iCAN is SUPER POWERFUL,haha.. I agree with you, that is why I think that if you want to pair it with IEM I think won't be the best match.

Hope to hear more from you again man :D

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #34 of 355
I have never tried the crossfeed thgs for foobar, but for the iCAN it is really a nice one. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #35 of 355
Quote:
Hi,

What picture do you want? Maybe I can take some. 

Hi, just a general picture of the circuit to see layout and what components they've used would be great thanks.
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #36 of 355
This is a little bit....
confused_face_2.gif

I managed to get one  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=489523427750071&set=a.461191017249979.95398.460963790606035&type=1&theater

Not my picture though. It is from iFi Audio official Facebook page

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #38 of 355
Hi,
Quote:
Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that.

I'll repost the picture here:

Nice.

Looks like the oil tanks at Hemel Hempstead and a genetically engineered mega giant roach (did it fight godzilla?) with too many legs for comfort... 

Whooptydoo. But what does it all mean Basil? 

Cheerio Rich

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #39 of 355
Quote:
Hi,
Quote:
Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that.

I'll repost the picture here:

Nice.

Looks like the oil tanks at Hemel Hempstead and a genetically engineered mega giant roach (did it fight godzilla?) with too many legs for comfort... 

Whooptydoo. But what does it all mean Basil? 

Cheerio Rich

Hmm, too clever by half and, you obviously haven't seen the roaches in south Texas.
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #41 of 355
Quote:
Actually I preferred the LED light in white colour  
size]

They're so tiny with the cover on, they could be any color and you still wouldn't see them.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #42 of 355
Hi,

Just came across a post on the stereodesk website (well, Gazza pointed me there) about the iCAN and HiFiman HE-6:

http://stereodesk.com/collections/ifi-hifiman-listening-notes

Stereodesk is an iFi dealer, so one needs to read over the sales pitch, still...

Originally Posted by Stereodesk

The HE-6 is a dragon to slay in terms of amplification.  At least that's the educated word in and around the audio water cooler.  I'm listening to Cool Blues on them now, powered by the iFi-Micro iCAN.  I suppose it's the little amp that Can Can, because I'm enjoying the presentation between my ears in a way that I'm mildly embarrassed to admit.  The volume knob is right around 6.5 to 7 on a scale from 1-10.  Using sound shaping and bass switches has more effect than on any can's yet...the differences, as one might expect, are simply more there on Cans so discerning as the HE-6's.    The presentation is one of, all the music.  The presentation is one of a whole but wherein every element of the tapestry can be seen in all of its color.

Anyway, I just meant to be breaking them in and copping a listen.  Frankly, I didn't expect to write anything until I hooked the HE-6 up to the EF-6.  In any event, unless you are one who needs merciless volume, I can't imagine you'd need more juice.  Are there other amps more suited to drive the HE-6, without a doubt...several of which we carry at StereoDesk, but that the iCan can do it and leave you not feeling short changed, or anything but grinning says a lot about their design and engineering.  There you have it...$250 for an amp that moves air on planars.  Who'd a thunk it.  Even as I turn the volume knob to 9, things don't get ugly, rather just more volume.

Cheerio Rich

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #43 of 355
I have all of them coming my way 
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #44 of 355
Tell us what you think
beyersmile.png

iUSB and iDAC is coming to me next month as well :D

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #45 of 355
The iDAC will be a bit delayed for me. I'm particularly interested in the iUSB because, well, I've never seen a USB power conditioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back