iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...
May 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #286 of 471
Originally Posted by iFi audio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Other iFi features are named for example, "3D Holographic for Headphones" and "XBass."

So probably best to avoid "iXXXXX" as that is for the product name rather than feature.

People just don`t read anymore nowdays ;(

Those i-names just keep on coming...

Maybe You should have noted out in first post, that i-names are NOT preferable?

May 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #288 of 471

Yes, I didn't track 280+ posts when I came across this thread. 50+ threads across multiple forums are enough reading. If the first post had suggested i-names weren't to be considered, I wouldn't have posted anything. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

May 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #289 of 471
Interesting competition and entries! A zodiac name is probably overkill for this comparatively mundane accessory although the rationale behind "iFi Libra" makes it rather fitting. I'm liking others' suggestions of "iFi iBridge", "iFi iStep", "iFi iMatch" etc. nice short nouns that are also action verbs alluding to the size and function of the product. Also liking "iFi μ/mu" and "iFi Ω/ohm".

Me, I'm thinking "iFi Postfix". The postfix attaches to the end of a word much like how the attenuator would attach to the end of a cable on a sensitive IEM, and alter the meaning of a word or "fix" the audio signal by bringing it to a suitable level and eliminating hiss, etc. I'd find the irony humorous if I see something like an "iFi nano iCAN ... bundled with a Postfix", though you'd have to find a way to play down the gimmick factor.

Or maybe "iFi Infix/Interfix" as it fits between an iCAN and a transducer in the chain.

Or maybe "iFi Prefix" as it would be if you see it from the iCAN looking at a connected headphone.

Or simply "iFi Affix" and admit that the "i" affix trend is just a bit silly :p

May 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #293 of 471

Yeah, people do read.....  Take another close look at iFi's response, which you are quoting.

This is a naming contest for a NEW PRODUCT.  iFi states that "i" names are for PRODUCTS.

This is not a contest for naming a new feature of an existing product.  So, blame iFi for an imprecise response to the question.

May 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #294 of 471
In that case I'll have to ammend Bob to iBob.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #299 of 471

Originally Posted by iFi audio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Other iFi features are named for example, "3D Holographic for Headphones" and "XBass."

So probably best to avoid "iXXXXX" as that is for the product name rather than feature.

Originally Posted by BlakeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, people do read.....  Take another close look at iFi's response, which you are quoting.

This is a naming contest for a NEW PRODUCT.  iFi states that "i" names are for PRODUCTS.

This is not a contest for naming a new feature of an existing product.  So, blame iFi for an imprecise response to the question.

Background
We have developed some exclusive attentuators for iFi customers who use very high-sensitivity IEMs with the nano iCAN, nano iDSD and micro iCAN. There are two versions: -12dB and -24dB.

From what I read out, those attenuators are extra "feature" for iFi products not a new product.

I think iFi should clarify this for everyone.

May 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #300 of 471
iSileoSonitus - Latin for Silent noise.
iSileoSolum - Latin for Silent floor.

iSileo - Latin for Silent.
iQuiet
Sry if i am repeating any that is already used, didnt want to read so many pages of posts :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back