iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...
Apr 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #181 of 471
I went through a few pages and didn't find it.

I thought you might call it the iMpede, but that's pretty long and someone already suggested it.

How about the 

iFi iMp

Seems appropriate, small impedance matching adapter.
hehehe.... It was me that said it first right?

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #182 of 471
How about...

iAries
iTaurus
iVigro
iCapricorn
iAquarius
iOphiuchus
XImpetus (how it seems to make the headphones sound better with the driving amp)
XImpulse
iReticent (how quiet it makes the background noise so headphones/IEM's sound clearer)
iFi Drive 
iFi Taciturn
iFi Laconic
iFi Revelation
iFi Harmony
iFi Melody
iFi Choir
iSiren (how it reduces the buzz to make music sound even better so the music is like a siren)
iMute
iSilence
iQuietude

Feel free to change the first parts (iFi, i,etc...) as you see fit, if needed.

On the side, simply kudos to iFi for making such a contest! Good luck to all and cheers! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #184 of 471
Well, if you want the same meaning with some distinction that people will remember, how 'bout: "i-tenuator"

Other candidates: "HissyFit"  (i.e. it fits IEMs).

"Hiss Harvester"

"Shiss Happens"

"QuietDown"

"iCANb Quiet"

"Quite Quiet" (QQ for short)

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #186 of 471
How 'bout...

iMumbler

iMuffler

iMuffdiver

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #189 of 471
I still hope iFi calls these attenuators the iMP. It has the I in front so it meshes with the naming scheme of everything else and the name is easy to remember. You need something to hear your IEMs on your iCAN you just buy the iCAN iMP. Easy as that.

May 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #193 of 471
Powered products use the CamelCase "i" designation, but not passive ones.  I don't think the cable should start with "i" at all.

How about the "iFi Magnifier"?  Or perhaps better yet, "magniFier"?

It gives the impression of being more detailed, rather than simply quieter.  That's exactly what lowering noise floor and matching impedance should do, but everyone wants their sound to be magnified!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back