iFi iUSB3.0 launch. Names back in the hat and new #2 Winner! (page 24)
Sep 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #106 of 410
Well the picture is already on the IFI web site.
biggrin.gif

It has a power input, auto or on and what it seems a ground lift switch. USB3 type B port

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #108 of 410
Range : Micro.
Model : iUSB 3.0 (obviously, from the data presented here, and i-fi's web-site).

Magnificent Idea for a product ! Can't Wait to test it !

Skin : Maybe it relates to the skin effect of an alternating current (thus, i guess this term refers somehow to the reduction of the skin effect in the power supply of this new product).
Because in an alternating current, the electric field ( that is moving the electrons) creates magnetic fields inside a cable, fields which are responsible for the creation of eddy currents, currents which in turn cancel the current flow in the center of a conductor and reinforcing it in the skin of the conductor.
In turn, the AC power socket, provides a mixture of (50 or 60) Hz electric current, combined with unwanted upper harmonics and other "waste" signals that are integrated to the cable by means of telecommunications (mobile antennas), and other sources. These various frequencies would alter skin depths.
Thus, a power source free from the AC power socket's EMF (electromagnetic field) and free from skin effect, should provide a PERFECT SOUND. Correct ?

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #109 of 410
Range: micro
Model: iUSB

The clues point toward this, and your site now shows a password protected product that looks like an updated iUSB. 
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing you named your mascot Skin because you've figured out a clever way to counter the AC/DC "skin effect" in the new model.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #110 of 410
Improving on my first post to consider Clue no. 5
Model: iUSB2 with USB 3.0

Reason:  Since iFi Audio has discovered thru the iPower that the design for clean power can still be improved, it is but prudent to improve the iUSB and further improve the supply of US power into the  nano and micro line, including the new iDAC 2.  Support for USB 3.0 will implemented to enhance and speed up the data transmission and that the newer micro/nano product lines will be optimised.

Skin:  The 'skin' mainly function as the protector of the human body from pathogens and from the external environment and prevents damage to the internal body parts and organs. In correlation to hifi audio, Skin will be the protector of pure hifi sound coming from the source until it reaches the speaker/headphones. Skin will ensure that the pure audio signal being produced by a source will be preserved and kept away from the contaminants.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #111 of 410
It does not show if a dual head cable will be used in this model for the output.

The USB3.0 port in the picture is for the input

Quote:
  Well the picture is already on the IFI web site.
biggrin.gif

http://ifi-audio.com/home/products/micro/

It has a power input, auto or on and what it seems a ground lift switch. USB3 type B port

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #113 of 410
Range: Micro
Model: iUSB3.0

Skin is an important organ which act as a protection. It protects the inner content from infection.
So I guess skunkworks mascot Skin acts the same as our skin too. Skin protects the content and signal from noise and interference.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #115 of 410
Well it's clearly the iUSB now, with the password protected products tying into the clues.  The real giveaway is the Isoearth switch, and the matching markings on the top of the unit (close to the side).  

Micro
iUSB2

I don't think it's the nano one since it's not a reboot.  This is quite interesting as I was just wondering when devices would start switching to USB3.  Looks like it's now!  Not sure what the sound quality differences are though.  Although, I'm pretty sure that means that the iDSD will be next.  Though the iDAC2 should suffice for portable use for now.  Makes sense to first upgrade the DAC, then give it a clean power source, then upgrade the iDSD.  Though I do think the iFi line is most suited for home use due to it's size and use of the larger USB connectors.  

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #116 of 410
Range: Micro
Model: iUSB3.0

Do I also spot another easter egg in the picture? Is that an iPurifier2 I see?

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #118 of 410
Updating the product name due to the last photo
Model: iUSB 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back