iFi iUSB3.0 launch. Names back in the hat and new #2 Winner! (page 24)
Sep 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #137 of 410
SKIN:  SKunkworks INnovative design   "iFi - Mastering aural & technological innovation to bring you the reference benchmark ideals of the future - today."

Not right I'm sure, but Marketing could have a field day with it!  :wink:

Range: Micro
Model: iUSB

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #139 of 410
Model: iUSB 3.0

Skin : reduce Skin Effect from an Audio perspective (i.e. attenuation in the treble range).

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #141 of 410
Model: iCan 2

What if everyone on this thread has got it wrong and it's actually the iCan 2 with a big bunch of magic tricks built in like a DAC, IsoPower, signal regenerator, etc, etc? Is that outside the realm of possibilities....?

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #142 of 410
Range: micro
Model: iUSB 

Why because the prices you offer

1st Prize - The New iFi Product + Gemini Dual-Headed USB cable
2nd Prize - The New iFI Product + Mercury USB cable

make only sense with a new micro iUSB, an micro iPhono or an micro iTube dont need any fancy USB cables :wink: 

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #143 of 410
I wonder if iFi will launch extra versions of the Mercury and Gemini cables with USB A sockets instead of USB B plugs. Currently the Gemini makes little sense for iDSD owners. Having carefully separated the power and data lines in the cable, they are then brought back into close company in an adaptor!

I hope those prices quoted on the previous page are 'preliminary'. They are somewhat above the 'sharp intake of breath' level (i.e a long way above Jitterbug + Regen + iPower). I guess we'll have to wait to see the final specs. I'm expecting the 'Helicarrier' of USB interfaces here so maybe it will be worth it.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #145 of 410
Micro idsd2

Looks like USB type c sockets to me, and they are on the side like the previous gen. I would imagine side USB ports would mess with the iusb/idac rack setup, but that's just a guess.

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #147 of 410

Clue #6.

Hint: don't forget to zoom in on the sockets.

I think iUSB3.0 will have USB ports for clean and rapid charging.
Thats great!

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #148 of 410
I hope those prices quoted on the previous page are 'preliminary'. They are somewhat above the 'sharp intake of breath' level (i.e a long way above Jitterbug + Regen + iPower). I guess we'll have to wait to see the final specs. I'm expecting the 'Helicarrier' of USB interfaces here so maybe it will be worth it.

Where do you see preliminary prices on the previous page? Maybe I'm blind, but all I see are a bunch competitor entries.

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #150 of 410

Where do you see preliminary prices on the previous page? Maybe I'm blind, but all I see are a bunch competitor entries.

Oops! No, you aren't going blind. I have crossed the streams (Kaboom!)

Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/762967/uptone-audio-usb-regen/390#post_11905560

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back