iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jul 16, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #7,981 of 9,047
Does anybody know how to fix this annoying problem or has run into this yourself..I have the black label and my LG V20 charges this DAC and I cannot listen to it for more than about an hour maybe hour and a half until my phone is completely dead. I turn the black label on before I connect it but that does not make a difference and the DAC is fully charged before. If anybody has this problem too and knows how to make android NOT become a power supply, let me know please! There's no settings to turn it off phone wise that I can see.

I turn it on before connecting it to Mi Max and it doesn't take any battery from Mi Max

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #7,982 of 9,047
Do you have the B firmware installed? There are 2 firmwares. The B one cuts off drawing power from USB when done properly so that it can be used with phones and DAPs.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #7,983 of 9,047
I imagine it's the latest firmware. I don't know why they'd make a new product and have old firmware on it. Mines the Black label edition, I got it last February. I'll check though. I thought if you turned the the Micro IDSD on before you hook it up to the phone, it uses its own power but my phone still shows the "power supply" banner and sure enough acts as a power supply, charges it and drains my battery fast.

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #7,984 of 9,047
I imagine it's the latest firmware. I don't know why they'd make a new product and have old firmware on it. Mines the Black label edition, I got it last February. I'll check though. I thought if you turned the the Micro IDSD on before you hook it up to the phone, it uses its own power but my phone still shows the "power supply" banner and sure enough acts as a power supply, charges it and drains my battery fast.

There are two versions, a B version and a normal version, the B version is built especially for smartphones and it helps exactly with this problem.

http://ifi-audio.com/micro-idsd-ifi-xmos-firmware/

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #7,985 of 9,047
Does anybody know how to fix this annoying problem or has run into this yourself. I have the black label and my LG V20 charges this DAC and I cannot listen to it for more than about an hour maybe hour and a half until my phone is completely dead. I turn the black label on before I connect it but that does not make a difference and the DAC is fully charged before. If anybody has this problem too and knows how to make android NOT become a power supply, let me know please! There's no settings to turn it off phone wise that I can see.

Are you listening to music for the entire time the iDSD is connect to the V20?

If you stop playing music, the iDSD will go to sleep and in this mode (blinking green LED) it will charge from the phone.

You can prevent this behaviour by downloading alternative firmware for the iDSD: http://ifi-audio.com/micro-idsd-ifi-xmos-firmware/

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #7,986 of 9,047
Hi guys.
Can iDSD run 400i on ECO mode while listening old records with hight dynamic range?

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #7,987 of 9,047
Does anybody know how to fix this annoying problem or has run into this yourself..I have the black label and my LG V20 charges this DAC and I cannot listen to it for more than about an hour maybe hour and a half until my phone is completely dead. I turn the black label on before I connect it but that does not make a difference and the DAC is fully charged before. If anybody has this problem too and knows how to make android NOT become a power supply, let me know please! There's no settings to turn it off phone wise that I can see.
There is a firmware update (5.2b) that fixes that issue: http://ifi-audio.com/micro-idsd-ifi-xmos-firmware/

Jul 30, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #7,992 of 9,047
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #7,993 of 9,047
Can't find anything in here since we moved to the new forum so I have to ask. Does somebody has a reliable source of angled USB OTG cables for the iDSD? I found one guy in China that makes angled cables but he's out of stock (for those interested: http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/539650496519)
I already messaged gixxerwimp about his DIY cable but maybe there is someone/something that I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back