iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jul 30, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #7,996 of 9,047
It transmits a digital signal.
Do I hear stereo or mono audio analogue signal if I use this adapter with 3.5mm mono plug connecting to 3.5mm coaxial digital output of FiiO X5 DAP (serving as transport) and RCA coaxial end through coaxial cable connecting to RCA coaxial digital input of Micro iDSD BL (serving as DAC)?

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #7,997 of 9,047
Do I hear stereo or mono audio analogue signal if I use this adapter with 3.5mm mono plug connecting to 3.5mm coaxial digital output of FiiO X5 DAP (serving as transport) and RCA coaxial end through coaxial cable connecting to RCA coaxial digital input of Micro iDSD BL (serving as DAC)?
You'll hear whatever it's recorded in.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #7,998 of 9,047

The SP-DIF standard can encode any number of channels from mono to 5.1 surround. It only requires a single wire to transmit.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #7,999 of 9,047
X3i plus ifi no plus ex1000=heaven, oh and the beautiful interconnect peterek made for me 20170801_124334.jpg

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #8,000 of 9,047
Hello Head-Fi! I'm about to ask a strange question about using the Ifi IDSD BL as a SPDIF converter for my Gungnir Multibit.

I know you can use it as a SPDIF converter to the Gungnir but can you do the following?

USB In -> SPDIF Out -> Gungnir COAX IN -> 3.5mm In Ifi -> 6.3mm out.

Basically, can I use the BL as a SPDIF converter and an amp at the same time?

EDIT: Hey Ifi! What on earth happened to your website?!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #8,001 of 9,047
Hello Head-Fi! I'm about to ask a strange question about using the Ifi IDSD BL as a SPDIF converter for my Gungnir Multibit.

I know you can use it as a SPDIF converter to the Gungnir but can you do the following?

The site seems to be working fine from here :darthsmile:

I can't test the SPIF on iDSD because I don't have anything with that connection, but if I am not mistaken, iFi creates other tools that can provide that service, iDSD BL is a DAC/AMP rather than a digital converter. I'd still recommend you to give iDSD a listen, who knows, you might find out that you like it even more than you like your Gungnir at the moment :gs1000smile:

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #8,002 of 9,047
Hi, any reason why the latest firmware listed on the ifi site is version 5.0 (august 2015) ? Is there a problem with the latest one previously released (I'm on 5.2) ? Thanks

Aug 5, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #8,004 of 9,047
Hi guys
Does solution 2 really work?
Captghfure.PNG

thanks

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #8,006 of 9,047

I know iOne can but not sure about BL.

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #8,008 of 9,047
Just got the iFi micro iDSD BL. Still haven't had time to really play with it but I must say, accessory wise, this is probably the most well accompanied piece of audio equipment I have ever bought. It basically comes with every connector, adapter, or cable you could possibly need. I mean who else includes a USB 2.0 B female to USB A male adapter for instance?? And I actually needed one of those! Awesome.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #8,009 of 9,047
Just got the iFi micro iDSD BL. Still haven't had time to really play with it but I must say, accessory wise, this is probably the most well accompanied piece of audio equipment I have ever bought. It basically comes with every connector, adapter, or cable you could possibly need. I mean who else includes a USB 2.0 B female to USB A male adapter for instance?? And I actually needed one of those! Awesome.
This has been the case since the original iDSD. Also a great product indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back