iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jan 26, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #5,177 of 9,047
they demo with Audezes and Hifimans so those planars are better than the oppo especially the pm3. but try yourself and trust you ears. only get an idea from others here but the decision is only yours.
I don't have it yet but I'm planning to buy one soon. Please let me know how they sound .thanks

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #5,178 of 9,047
Any oppo pm-3 owners here? How does it sound with the idsd ?

The iDSD sounds glorious with my PM-2 and PM-3. Really drives them absolutely great. The lcd-2 and HE-560 are also driven very sweet. For the money you can't beat the versatility and sound quality of the iDSD micro. One of my best purchases ever.

Cheers,
K

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #5,179 of 9,047
Does someone here have experience with the Ican micro SE  connected to the micro IDSD (used  as DAC) So yes, does it give improvement in sound. ?They told me that the Ican micro SE have  a better amp than the Micro IDSD .

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #5,180 of 9,047
Any oppo pm-3 owners here? How does it sound with the idsd ?

PM-3 sounds great with the Micro. Very full, detailed sound with great bass but somewhat neutral (accurate; not as fun) and the soundstage isn't as great compared to many open headphones.

Does someone here have experience with the Ican micro SE  connected to the micro IDSD (used  as DAC) So yes, does it give improvement in sound. ?They told me that the Ican micro SE have  a better amp than the Micro IDSD .

The Micro already has a pretty good amp section but I was wondering the same thing since the SE has the same power output. Won't know for sure until (if) I hear it but curious how much better full class A and tubestate will sound.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #5,181 of 9,047
Ive only had this 2 days now and I can already tell that I like this more then the Mojo. I really like how natural and for the most part how neutral it is. I was listening to it with my Alclair CIEMs and I was completely lost in my music! The Mojo does sound great but the  Idsd Micro is more of what I look for as far as sound quality goes.

Today I was also playing with this and the Dharma Headphones and what a great combo. One thing I noticed with the Dharmas is they sound better with very little amplification. I noticed when you turn it up they almost sound a bit distorted but under a normal listen volume which we all should be using, they are really full bodied and everything is crystal clear with the iDSD micro. Just so you know Im using the DX90 as my source via coax. With some more testing I think the Idsd Micro will be a Keeper!!!

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #5,182 of 9,047
  The IEMatch is very susceptible to slide. Need to be careful, otherwise it will blow your ears

That isn't too much of a concern with the T1s until I get a decent pair of IEMs. I am glad the power mode switch is on the side and harder to move though! I am running the iDSD at normal and not turbo. 

As for the little rubber feet, they are in place. I must have been holding the iPhone/iDSD stack when the switch was accidentally moved. 

Dave

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #5,185 of 9,047
Honestly I don't know what it is, but the IFI micro IDSD sounds good with everything. I mean Everything! - its Magical with HE-560, HD 650, Philips X2, so I dunno. However I don't think it is a neutral dac/amp - as to me it seems that it has a lot more punch, edginess to it compared to my other amp / dacs with much higher power (high current) - oppo HA-1 / Audio gd NFB 1 Amp.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #5,187 of 9,047
I use my IDSD I turbo mode to drive my Sennheisers HD 800S .The IDSD is getting very hot .Is this normal? The sound is wonderful

yes that's normal. usually high impedance causes lower temperatures, but maybe it is just the battery heating up. high impedance usually means less power delivered.

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #5,188 of 9,047
I use my IDSD I turbo mode to drive my Sennheisers HD 800S .The IDSD is getting very hot .Is this normal? The sound is wonderful

Turbo mode for HD 800S? Wow isn't that pretty loud or do you use IEMatch enabled? I use Normal mode and even with very quiet classical recordings I never need to go over 1 p.m. with volume poti.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #5,189 of 9,047

Turbo mode for HD 800S? Wow isn't that pretty loud or do you use IEMatch enabled? I use Normal mode and even with very quiet classical recordings I never need to go over 1 p.m. with volume poti.

The Sennheisers HD 800S need a lot of power will they come to there  full potential in turbo mode the sound is more dynamic and full. `i have IEmatch not enabled . the volume pot never needs to go over 10 o clock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back