iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Oct 26, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #4,711 of 9,047

WOOOOOO!!!  We invading and taking over

@goodyfresh The bass boost on the idsd is real subtle.  The bass boost on the ican is much better but it also has one more setting than the idsd.  But you know how we do it with eq 
biggrin.gif

WOOOOO!!!! Bassheads unite!!!!

+ bass boost on the ican is a bit more defined. Better amplification.

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #4,712 of 9,047

WOOOOOO!!!  We invading and taking over

@goodyfresh The bass boost on the idsd is real subtle.  The bass boost on the ican is much better but it also has one more setting than the idsd.  But you know how we do it with eq 
biggrin.gif

WOOOOO!!!! Bassheads unite!!!!

Damn.  Everybody says that so many aspects of the sound of the iCan are much better tahn the amp in the iDSD.  But I'm only really going to have the money, in the semi-near future (like, next few months), for the iDSD, not for a stack with it AND the iCan. . .

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #4,713 of 9,047
  Damn.  Everybody says that so many aspects of the sound of the iCan are much better tahn the amp in the iDSD.  But I'm only really going to have the money, in the semi-near future (like, next few months), for the iDSD, not for a stack with it AND the iCan. . .

It's always the OTHER thing that sounds just a bit better
rolleyes.gif

My nano stack sounds similar to the micro iDSD.  I use it for IEM

Big Hoss micro iDSD pushes over ears. They are both uber.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #4,714 of 9,047
Is there someone who went from an O2/Odac amp to this Ifi Micro?
Would it be an upgrade? Can anybody share a few words on this?

Didn't have the ODAC, just the O2, but been using the micro iDSD with the O2 for a while. IMO, micro iCAN is better, due to its richer lower mids and more bodied bass to sub-bass. And the XBass and 3D are really great, very useful if you want to tweak or correct recordings and/or headphones.

micro iDSD is a great DAC, DSD-capable and have an excellent digital filter (Bit-Perfect filter), among 2 others. And it's portable and battery-powered (no noise from power/electrical). I stack the micro iDSD with the FiiO E12/E12A when I want to loiter around the house and it sounds end game to me. Would like to try the nano iCAN for this purpose someday.

LMAO!  In your opinion, as a bass-lover, how good is the bass-boost on the iDSD?
Question not directed to me, but I believe in Harman-Olive curve, and I wasn't happy with micro iDSD's XBass-boost. Its just sub-bass, so you wouldn't even notice it on many tracks. I like the nano iDSD's integrated DAC-amp better actually. But micro iDSD + FiiO E12 with bass boost on is excellent for bass heavy tracks.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #4,716 of 9,047
  Man......my heart is dropping as I heard that this new mojo is better than the ifi idsd :frowning2:

Really I heard different.
I heard it's thin in the vocals and lacks a punch due to it's good but  not great amp stage. It's a hype train...don't believe it.
I trust the opinion, shop staff, hears stuff, no allegiances.

Pick your heart up...it's a hype

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #4,717 of 9,047

If I didn't have have the stack I would be happy with the idsd micro by itself.  It sounds great and drives any headphones except the he-500 and 6.

But since I do have both, I do like the ican a little more.  It just has a little more weight and a warmer sound to it.  I do listen to my music pretty loud, so anything that darkens the sound, I enjoy more.

At home, i use the ican.  On the go, I use the idsd.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #4,720 of 9,047
Hello,I just saw that a new driver 2.26 is out and I want to update my software. Do I need to uninstall the previous driver or it is done automatically when I launch the new driver?

Uninstall first.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #4,721 of 9,047
I have found this in the older posts :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by iFi audio 

Beta firmware - Testing Solutions to Spotify/Tidal streaming on Android and DSD256 on MAC

Warning. 

Please try this only if you are comfortable with upgrading the firmware on your nano iDSD/micro iDSD/Retro Stereo 50 Beta firmware allows one to:

1) Version 4.8 Beta - Output audio for Android if you encounter lack of compatibility with Device X and Spotify/Tidal* etc., USB Host mode remains required. 

1. Devices tested so far Sony Xperia Z Ultra and Samsung Galaxy S4, allows system audio, including Games and Android Music Playback via iFi iDSD etc.
  2. We have developed a Firmware workaround that enables this for several Android Phones in our possession, but need wider testing.

2) Version 4.8.4 - DSD256 via DoP for iDSD nano (and upcoming iDAC2 micro) is now supported, using a special beta firmware. This firmware is redundant on iDSD micro and Retro Stereo 50.

1. This is primarily for Mac, for Windows ASIO Native remains recommended.
  2. Note that this Firmware unlocks 705k/768kHz sample rates on the iDSD nano and iDAC2 micro with hardware that mutes on 705/768k PCM. 
  3. As Mac's default the audio to the highest rate this means there will be no audio until you lower the sample rate in the control panel to 384khz.

1. Note that on Windows either Firmware update requires the Version 2.23 iFi Driver, earlier versions are NOT supported.

Please open a support ticket here to receive this firmware

Or open a ticket and contact your iCLUB conciege

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have a micro iDSD with 5.0B (i have also tried 5.0) and a SAMSUNG S4 with lollipop 5.0.1, and I can't have any sound with the iDSD execpted with UAPP.

Do you have tested both ?  do you know what to do ?
 - Instal ktikat  4.4 ?
 - Instal iDSD 4.8 frimware ?
 - Is there something to do with  USB Host mode ?

I would like tu use QOBUZ, TIDAL or SPOTIFY.

Thanks

Proton

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,722 of 9,047
Is there any trick to get battery information
If it is full (blue light turns of whenn fully charged)
75% full
50% full
25 % full

I would like to know, how long i still can listen to the music when using a lightning adapter and iphone.
Wish there would be a %-LCD-Display

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #4,724 of 9,047

The 2.26 driver now uninstalls the previous driver automatically according to the release notes (at least mine did).

Mine did so as well, installed flawlessly and I appreciate improvement in startup latency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back